Everything Zac Taylor...

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm on the fence about it honestly. 

I think Tuner and Anarumo need to go, if they fire Taylor fine, but if not he has to replace those two.

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

I too am torn whether just a few coaches need to go or the whole ship. I'm leaning towards the whole ship but if I'm Mike Brown I consult with Joe Burrow and see what he thinks. Let's involve him and give him some say in all of this. His leadership is that important

These two are closest to where I am at on all this.  Not sure where to draw the line on change, but it has to be something significant.

But honestly, I think there needs to be some front office changes/additions/attitudeAdjustments/etc for anything to make a real difference.  I'm inclined to think bringing a completely new head coach/staff might help with those front office changes, but it would have to be an aggressive person that demands these changes.  Not sure the Browns would ever hire somebody like that though and/or if someone of that regard would even be inclined to come here.  We do have something VERY special in JB, so if we are to take advantage of that, we need real change and quickly. Frustrating.

I want him fired now if possible.

I wanted Anusuno fired when i heard hes not approachable to the players..

MF is lucky to have a job and have anyone even want to listen to his nonsenical ass...

Turner?...Oh i could go on and on about this misfit with a dinosaur approach at coaching... 

Id personally drive his ass outta the Nati if needed...

Golden is another name from long ago ti teach the young backers..

That has been a bust..100%

I dont want Simmons as a HC but id. retain him on STs...only..

Get rid of these negative guys..

Now!

This coaching staff is  worse than our Oline and thats saying somethin..

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

“Hope is not a plan”

Exactly.

"Hanging onto Taylor and hoping he can turn things around is what a losing franchise would do. It's what the Bengals of the 90s would do. It's something this organization cannot do. 

It's up to Bengals President Mike Brown to make the right decision for Burrow, for the city and for the future of the franchise."

We can't sit around and be LOSERS 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If they do NOT fire Shula, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the fan base. I would think the positive vibe from getting JB will be more than offset by the Shula shit show. 

I think the reaction will be utter apathy. 

They (we) have a relatively small window with Burrow on his rookie contract where he isn't going to command 30 plus % of our salary cap. There's not a luxury to wait around and hope Taylor and / or some of his staff might figure it out.

I'm usually a patient guy - hell, I was one of the last calling for Marv to be replaced - but this situation is different.

With the salary that top qb's command now, and if Burrow performs like we all think he will - his next contract will affect our ability to pay other talented players.

Along with that - we can't let a losing culture linger here....way too dangerous as everyone here is painfully aware.

We need to get this right - now!

Do I want him fired? Yes

Do I think he will be fired? No.

Mike Brown will use the covid19/Burrow hurt excuse to keep Zac around for another year, maybe making some coaching changes to appeal to the fan base. I honestly don't think he has any other choice as no established coach is going to want to come here without some major changes (I know, beating a dead horse).

Burrow got hurt because of bad coaching and bad management, you can fix the former but can't fix the latter.

9 minutes ago, gupps said:

Do I want him fired? Yes

Do I think he will be fired? No.

Mike Brown will use the covid19/Burrow hurt excuse to keep Zac around for another year, maybe making some coaching changes to appeal to the fan base. I honestly don't think he has any other choice as no established coach is going to want to come here without some major changes (I know, beating a dead horse).

Burrow got hurt because of bad coaching and bad management, you can fix the former but can't fix the latter.

See where your coming from with the family and so..

Katy overspent on FAs last year beyond our belief.

With the expiring contracts and cuts their cap is going to be in position to do it again this off season..

If the trinity of improvement is on Katy Zach and JB they could make a splash..

Add Sewell to the Oline and who knows who else and it could turn into a competitive team each game..

Faith? No..

Hope..Allways..

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

See where your coming from with the family and so..

Katy overspent on FAs last year beyond our belief.

With the expiring contracts and cuts their cap is going to be in position to do it again this off season..

If the trinity of improvement is on Katy Zach and JB they could make a splash..

Add Sewell to the Oline and who knows who else and it could turn into a competitive team each game..

Faith? No..

Hope..Allways..

I pray for peace, faith, hope and apathy. And the greatest of these is apathy. 

17 hours ago, Griever said:

Exactly.

"Hanging onto Taylor and hoping he can turn things around is what a losing franchise would do. It's what the Bengals of the 90s would do. It's something this organization cannot do. 

The only difference between this team and the teams of the 90s is Joe Burrow.  They have a good QB.  Other than that it's pretty much the same.  Same dumbass owner that thinks he's a GM.  Same family running everything.  Same undersized scouting group.  (Well, I think they hired one or two more than in the 90s, but still undersized)  Still no indoor practice field. 

The reality is that the Marvin Lewis years were an anomaly.  I give him credit for doing as well as he did in spite of the front office.  He still was a very flawed coach.  You knew when he was going to lose.  Big games.  Coming out of the bye week.  You knew Lewis was going to mismanage time outs, challenges and the clock.  Yet, he was a big help with player personnel and the guys respected him.  All that stuff is gone.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The only difference between this team and the teams of the 90s is Joe Burrow.  They have a good QB.  Other than that it's pretty much the same.  Same dumbass owner that thinks he's a GM.  Same family running everything.  Same undersized scouting group.  (Well, I think they hired one or two more than in the 90s, but still undersized)  Still no indoor practice field. 

The reality is that the Marvin Lewis years were an anomaly.  I give him credit for doing as well as he did in spite of the front office.  He still was a very flawed coach.  You knew when he was going to lose.  Big games.  Coming out of the bye week.  You knew Lewis was going to mismanage time outs, challenges and the clock.  Yet, he was a big help with player personnel and the guys respected him.  All that stuff is gone.

This is a perfect summation. Most of us here thought ML was holding us back (he was in some regards) but it seems clear now he was trying to push, pull and drag the organization to another level. Once he was gone, they just fell back. 

If this organization decides NOT to fire Zac Shula at the end of this season then I would say they are even more clueless than we already know they are. 

There is something right.

Only 2 players are against him in public.

I know we're not winning but we're a chance to win every game with this shit herd of cattle.

We had a great offseason, yet nearly all are injured.

But... something has to change, this shit show is depressing.

He needs to go. The only thing that improved this season was the passing game and that was because of Joe Burrow, not from anything the staff did. I've seen no real improvement and the team is very creative in finding ways to self destruct, seemingly in almost every game. I don't think replacing Turner and Lou does anything except make things potentially worse though Zac may do so to save his job and placate the fans. EVERYBODY will know Zac is on the hot seat going into next season. What quality coach would sign up for a job where the head coach might be gone after just a few games? It's either all in on Zac and staff or see ya imho. Zac is a good guy but he's just not ready. My worthless vote is see ya.

I think MB should put him on a daily contract next year. Literally day to day. "Well, Zach you did ok today at practice, looks like we'll see you tomorrow." 

And then give him a weekly allowance, not a salary, like when I did chores around the house as a kid. 

Zac Taylor’s disappointing coaching tenure with Bengals is a symptom of a bigger problem

The wunderkind from the Sean McVay coaching tree, Zac Taylor, knocked the socks off of the Browns, the Blackburns and Duke Tobin in the January interview process.

Taylor was awarded the job, but also given autonomy in a lot of different areas: coaching staff construction, draft strategies and free agency spending being the main areas.

While there was hope he’d become the next great offensive mind in the league, what has ensued is teetering on utter disaster. Smoke signals were there early on in the forms of the “mutual decision” for offensive line coach Frank Pollak to move on, as well reports of well-established defensive coordinators (Dom Capers, Jack Del Rio) balking at the idea of working under an inexperienced coach.

The continued support of “his guys” who are underperforming—both coaches and players alike—is also something that confounds us all amid a 4-23-1 record. The most egregious of errors, probably from a combination of Taylor, offensive line coach Jim Turner and the front office, is their strategy with franchise quarterback Joe Burrow.

Cincinnati’s powers-that-be continued to tell us that they liked their offensive line much more than the rest of us dummies who point fingers from our couch and that both Burrow and Taylor’s innovative system would mask most deficiencies up front. The lack of resource allocation on the offensive line and the high volume of pass attempts led to Burrow’s premature exit of his rookie season, thanks to a number of sacks and hits—the last one tearing multiple ligaments in his knee

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/12/11/22167799/zac-taylor-coaching-tenure-bengals-front-office-ownership-mike-brown

Archived