Everything Zac Taylor...

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No doubt Zac Shula believes he can turn it around, much like Mile Brown believes his business model will garner a consistently elite team. 

Its been Katys team before the 2020 season..

You think ole Mike but hes given her the reins ..

She dipped into FA with no regards to money.She had to Overpay for good players and she did..

Injurues curtailed any semblance of a good team along with horrible asst coaching...

Dilemma Katy Zach and JB have to solve offseason..

8 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Its been Katys team before the 2020 season..

You think ole Mike but hes given her the reins ..

She dipped into FA with no regards to money.She had to Overpay for good players and she did..

Injurues curtailed any semblance of a good team along with horrible asst coaching...

Dilemma Katy Zach and JB have to solve offseason..

I find it impossible to believe that all of the FA's they signed are either injured or just suck.   I also think it's bizarre to use the assistant coaches as an excuse for the people who hired them.  These are people Katy & Zach specifically chose, they didn't just pop up in PBS overnight like mushrooms.  

I've seen nothing to suggest that either of them have the first clue about building a credible NFL team, let alone one capable of winning consistently.  They're the problem, not the solution.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I find it impossible to believe that all of the FA's they signed are either injured or just suck.   I also think it's bizarre to use the assistant coaches as an excuse for the people who hired them.  These are people Katy & Zach specifically chose, they didn't just pop up in PBS overnight like mushrooms.  

I've seen nothing to suggest that either of them have the first clue about building a credible NFL team, let alone one capable of winning consistently.  They're the problem, not the solution.

Could be right about that.

Im of the nature to believe these three intelligent people can turn it around next year..

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Could be right about that.

Im of the nature to believe these three intelligent people can turn it around next year..

Other than the obvious injury rehab I have no doubts about JB.  My only concern there is that team might rush him back early.  He seems like the kind of guy where they'd have to hide his helmet to keep him off the field, and frankly they've already demonstrated their negligence where his health is concerned.

I have zero faith in Katie or Zac.  If we're lucky they won't make things any worse. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Other than the obvious injury rehab I have no doubts about JB.  My only concern there is that team might rush him back early.  He seems like the kind of guy where they'd have to hide his helmet to keep him off the field, and frankly they've already demonstrated their negligence where his health is concerned.

I have zero faith in Katie or Zac.  If we're lucky they won't make things any worse. 

As far as JB goes Id like to know what type of replacement tendon they put in his knee..

I remember Palmer had an achilles tendon to add more strength there..

I dont see him playing until week 9 of next year...earliest....

Hopefully Fitzpatrick or possibly Mariotta can keep them afloat till he returns..

Even then if the Oline hasnt made improvements the risk of injury might dwell in his head..

On 12/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, T-Dub said:

The real problem is what happens if Taylor stays and the club goes like 7-9 next year winning the last few games?  They gonna pull a Coslet and keep him around? The answer is yes.  

On 12/9/2020 at 11:42 AM, UncleEarl said:

The only difference between this team and the teams of the 90s is Joe Burrow.  They have a good QB.  Other than that it's pretty much the same.  Same dumbass owner that thinks he's a GM.  Same family running everything.  Same undersized scouting group.  (Well, I think they hired one or two more than in the 90s, but still undersized)  Still no indoor practice field. 

The reality is that the Marvin Lewis years were an anomaly.  I give him credit for doing as well as he did in spite of the front office.  He still was a very flawed coach.  You knew when he was going to lose.  Big games.  Coming out of the bye week.  You knew Lewis was going to mismanage time outs, challenges and the clock.  Yet, he was a big help with player personnel and the guys respected him.  All that stuff is gone.

Actually, the Blake, Dillon, Scott and Pickins teams were pretty good offensively. The defense those 4 or 5 years was abysmal at best. 

Really, nothing has changed. 

same tired horseshit from the fanbase too.

Dumbass shit bengals fans say or ignore no matter what:

1. act like mike brown is running the teams daily decisions, hell as far back as daltons extensions he came out and said that was his deal, he had nothing to do with it and pass the mic along. that was 6-7 years ago. Tobin has been playing more of a GM role than mike for a very long time along with whatever katie took over, iirc that was her doing (the dalton deal)

2. omgg scouts!!1111. Bengals are 11th in draft efficiency rating for the last 10 years, rating based on return, not getting bonus points for high picks, so leveraging return based on pick position. (pointing that out as i know some mouth breather is going to say "hyuk when you draft first overall every year your gonna get guud picks") not how the rating works. pittsburgh is 10th, fyi, ranking posted at bottom. the last 5 year drops heavily due to those o-line bussts and john ross bust. hardly the point though since we are all comparing this to the 1990s, eh?

3. completely ignoring the market size and location. I know the ohio pride runs deep, but millionares dont want to live in ohio(or kentucky), especially the majority african american young athlete millionaires. so the endless, relentless, nonsensical bitching about "WHY DID THEY IGNORE THIS OLINE" what makes you think they did? of the 32 teams, what, 5-8 have a good line? you think great linemen are sitting at home that we didnt call? you think a bunch of linemen were dying to play in cincy and we just didnt return their agents call or call their agents? you think their agents pushed them to sign in cincinnati? how exactly did you see that play out? do you guys think we can force players to come here? how do you get free agents that arent washed up to come to a small market that went 2-14? overpay them. howd that go on defense this offseason?

4. Reality. the reality is cincinnati is a small market population wise, and a small market media wise. it also doesnt have an ancient legendary history, like green bay or whoever.

so you arent the top choice for coaches. and much to the dismay of this fanbase, you cant make people come coach here(if you could Lou wouldnt be on this staff, he was what, the 4th choice for DC?)

SO you have to give first time HC or young coaches a shot, whats the problem with young coches? they have a hard time getting coordinators and position coaches, no one wants to risk their career future on a guy who was a peer a year ago. would you take a small promotion wit the risk of being fired within a few years thus losing that chance for many years until RE-earning it? dont fucking think so.

so the bengals have NOTHING to offer Locale wise, NOTHING to offer historically, NOTHING to offer media coverage/fame wise, they have to take risks and get lucky on HC's, who then have to scrape for OC/DC/PC's, who are risking their promotion career coming to coach for a young unproven coach, then have to convince players, to not go to LA, new york, vegas, tax free texas, any beach state, any coast state, the chicago and huge markets, the bengals have a leg up on like.. cleveland, colts now that manning is gone, tennessee maybe (still they have mountains and music scenes) and maybe the vikings, buffalo, and any other crap team location wise is a bigger market or closer to something awesome, like jacksonville sucks dick, but its a $50/1hr flight to miami or a few hr drive. and also beach living close enough.

lets be realistic. the team must catch a good coach on the come up, who can lure good staff, and have a good balance of drafting success and overpaying for a few key positions. and then hope that a key injured or something doesnt implode the whole thing. 

do the broncos have the proper number of scouts you guys wants a team to have? hows that QB search going for them?

patriots are a top notch ORG, which playoff spot do they have?

ravens had the mvp last year, they in the playoffs currently?

cowboys have huge staff and spend ENDLESSLY, been great the last 20 years right?

the bengals have less money to spend than most and less to lure players with than most and less to lure coaches with than most. but you know... mike brown or something.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 1.45.32 AM.png

13 hours ago, GoBengals said:

same tired horseshit from the fanbase too.

the bengals have less money to spend than most and less to lure players with than most and less to lure coaches with than most. but you know... mike brown or something.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 1.45.32 AM.png

Most of us realize Katie, Troy and Tobin are running the show.  Basically, the Brown family way of doing things hasn’t changed all that much. 

The chart you included shows we have the worst draft results over the last 5 years.  Using the 10 year column makes little sense since so few of those players are still here. They have missed horribly on early round oline picks to include Williams who has only played 10 of 32 games. Just about every other NFL team would have picked Williams. Bad luck for sure. 

The club has exactly the same amount of money to spend on players as every other club, $198.2 mil to be exact. You are right about the non salary peripherals the Bengals can’t offer a good FA. They can, however, offer asshole police forces on both sides of the river who enjoy busting the player’s chops. 

Spot on about free agents.  Most worthwhile players in FA typically have some baggage since their own club didn’t re-sign them. There are few cap casualties that can make a difference and they can chose their own destiny. The rare quality Oline FA will cost any club a lot, Whit is an example. 

The choice of a very young inexperienced HC was simply a bad decision.  People love to bring up McVay but he was Washington’s OC for 3 years. Furthermore, he had Wade Phillips to run the defense and add legitimacy to McVay’s staff.  The Bengals have nothing close to Phillips on the coaching staff. Good coaching made a huge difference in St Lois/LA.  Jeff Fisher sucked. 

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

The real problem is what happens if Taylor stays and the club goes like 7-9 next year winning the last few games?  They gonna pull a Coslet and keep him around? The answer is yes.  

Wouldn't shock me if they extended him this offseason so 7+ wins would almost certainly get it done. 

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Winning 7 games...in one season...you're crazy....that's crazy man talk...that's nearly impossible, 7 games...maybe 3 or 4...that would be a significant improvement, but 7 is just ridiculous. 

While Katie and Troy may be making the day to day decisions, they are not going to be able to make significant changes while Mikey Boy is around.  Hire a GM?  No chance. Build an indoor practice facility?  Over MB’s dead body. Spend top dollar for a HC and assistants?  Not happening. 

We are hoping for some fundamental changes in the organization and that shit isn’t happening until Mike Brown is tits up, and maybe then it won’t happen either. 

26 minutes ago, BENGALS666 said:

How many seasons of this shit before Burrow becomes the next Bengal to demand a trade?

We've all seen this story before. It NEVER ends with 4-27-1 head coach suddenly leading the team to the post season.

image.gif

On 12/8/2020 at 3:12 PM, Jamie_B said:

I'm on the fence about it honestly. 

I think Tuner and Anarumo need to go, if they fire Taylor fine, but if not he has to replace those two.

That’s exactly where I stand with it. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

After today's lackluster dumpster fire... his future here next year is dimmer.

Vikings lost and Zimmer's ice is thinner.

If Zim goes and is offered the job here and wants to come, better pack, Zac.

Zimmer makes 5mil a year for 3 more yrs..

What will the Bengals offer him if the Vikes do let him go?

Archived