Everything Zac Taylor...

On 12/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, T-Dub said:

I find it impossible to believe that all of the FA's they signed are either injured or just suck. 

As are most of our vets...

I can point to one or two guys who are just plain ballers (Bates) and a bunch of young guys happy to get game film, but I'm not really seeing guys buying into Taylor's system.

Sure, Geno missed a game for his daughter's birth... And why not? It was a pointless game on a team that's going nowhere, and he's not even a featured part of the game plan. That says all you need to know about Zac's "culture".

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

As are most of our vets...

I can point to one or two guys who are just plain ballers (Bates) and a bunch of young guys happy to get game film, but I'm not really seeing guys buying into Taylor's system.

Sure, Geno missed a game for his daughter's birth... And why not? It was a pointless game on a team that's going nowhere, and he's not even a featured part of the game plan. That says all you need to know about Zac's "culture".

I have trouble seeing what Shula's system actually is! Let alone guys buying in. 

If he is not shitcanned at the end of the season, this will be a new low for the Fab 4

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Boy, oh boy... what a couple of stick in the mid fuddy duddies youse guys are. :liberalmedia:

So close to Christmas, too.  Next thing you will tell me I won't wake up on Christmas morning and find Taylor Swift wearing my Christmas stocking and nothing else under my Christmas tree.  And, no, not Zac Taylor Swift before some Algonquin Wit shows up to say that.  We know who you are (Dub).

I sincerely hope you both find lumps of Pittsburgh coal in your stockings and your yule time egg nog spiked with Arn Sitty beer.  So there.

And a +1 to each. 

“Don’t worry baby, I will be there.” ~ Ms. Swift 

8FB8AF61-FAA8-4EAA-9C2A-F37A581AFDF6.jpeg

I think he's building a culture where you say "system" a bunch & the system is to talk a lot about the culture. It makes it sound like he's accomplishing something. They may be dogshit on the field and lose every game, but behind the scenes yadda yadda probably also dogshit but you can't see it so trust me big time stuff is going on. Also the players love him because asking someone about their boss on camera always results in candid honesty.

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Former head coaches after their first 29 games as the #Bengals head coach.

Johnson: 18-11

Gregg: 16-13

Coslet: 15-14

Lewis: 14-15

Wyche: 14-15

LeBeau: 10-19

Rice: 8-19

Brown: 8-20-1

Shula: 6-23

Taylor: 4-24-1

He’s got no place to go but up!!

On 12/14/2020 at 8:35 AM, PatternMaster said:

No way, Burrow would do well with any coach, Burrow and Zimmer would be a match made in heaven 

Throwing 40+ times as a consistent game plan is circus act AFL bs, It makes no sense with any NFL QB. but definitely not in the AFCN with good defenses, bad weather, and no domes. JB can be great if they can keep him healthy. He's not Superman. 

On 12/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Former head coaches after their first 29 games as the #Bengals head coach.

Johnson: 18-11

Gregg: 16-13

Coslet: 15-14

Lewis: 14-15

Wyche: 14-15

LeBeau: 10-19

Rice: 8-19

Brown: 8-20-1

Shula: 6-23

Taylor: 4-24-1

Yikes, need to reevaluate Coslet's years..

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I wonder if Brian Kelly could be enticed to try his hand at coaching in the NFL? I'd love to see him in Cincinnati. Long shot, I know...I'd much prefer him over Harbaugh

Hes 60yrs old and has a great job at ND..

I dont see him leaving thst program..

Like it or not I believe the team will go with Zach another year without a few assistants..Turner definately.

Get JB protected at any cost and draft a front 7 defensive player..

Teams can turn quickly..

Look at the Browns now!

6 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I wonder if Brian Kelly could be enticed to try his hand at coaching in the NFL? I'd love to see him in Cincinnati. Long shot, I know...I'd much prefer him over Harbaugh

You like seeing your favorite team implode in big games?  We had that coach already.

Since the departure of Bobby Petrino from big time college football Kelly is now the biggest douche coaching today. 

Hell no.

The sad thing is that it would be so easy to upgrade from Taylor but the family will pass on the chance to do so.  While watching the Big 10 championship game I was thinking how the OSU coaches seem to do a better job than the Bengals. Then realized they are indeed probably better coaches as they are higher paid. It then made sense why Todd Grantham turned down the Bengals DC job to stay at Florida.

So the Bengals are trying to compete in the NFL with a coaching staff that wouldn't cut it at a big college power.

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The sad thing is that it would be so easy to upgrade from Taylor but the family will pass on the chance to do so.  While watching the Big 10 championship game I was thinking how the OSU coaches seem to do a better job than the Bengals. Then realized they are indeed probably better coaches as they are higher paid. It then made sense why Todd Grantham turned down the Bengals DC job to stay at Florida.

So the Bengals are trying to compete in the NFL with a coaching staff that wouldn't cut it at a big college power.

How hard is it to coach a college team filled with 4 and 5 star players everywhere on the field??

Alabama Clemson Ohio St and Georgia just reload every year..

Props to Dabo Sweeney for turning Clemson into a powerhouse though..

If U were an NFL owner Id give Sweeney 10mil a year 5yrs..

Half of Gruden  total contract..

College coaches get paid big bucks because the players don't. Ryan Day makes more than Zac Taylor not only because he's a better coach but because OSU can afford it. The US Supreme Court recently accepted a case about NCAA rules so we'll see if anything comes of it. There are always bills in Congress to compensate players better so maybe one of them passes. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Ummm...were you watching the play calling against Northwestern?  Holy crap!  The coaches seemed to be doing everything they could to lose the game!  When your players are better than the other team at nearly every position it makes you look great as a coach. 

Moving from the college to pro game is difficult.  College coaches have a lot of power over their players.  Pro coaches do not.  Big change.

Archived