Everything Zac Taylor...

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

No matter who the chef he starts out with the basic ingredients no?

Get a productive QB like JB..

The Oline is the basic ingrediant no matter how to make your recipe..

The front front 7 on defense is the same..

It never changes the consistency of winning teams..

The OLine and front 7 are also much more the sum of guys working together than any one talent shining. It's about 5 guys not letting one guy through as a unit. It's about the free rusher making the play whether he's first string or fourth string.

It's communication, discipline, trust, selflessness... You have to eat the double so another guy can make a play. You have to trust that your teammate has his gap. Not separate as the fingers, but one as the hand. Very average guys can do great things when they function as a larger unit in concert. Very average musicians can do things more masterful than VanHalen in an orchestra.

It doesn't change for the winning teams, because these are the very ingredients of winning teams. Solid putting wins golf tourneys is why solid putters keep winning. Solid OLine and front 7 play are far less about the talent, and more where the coaching and culture shines. Well coached teams get good play out of 6th rounders, bad teams have "bust" first rounders. 

It's infuriating to constantly watch the Stealers kick our butts with guys picked on day 3, but it speaks to coaching and culture.

I'm honestly shocked to see some defending this absolute dumpster fire. Taylor has been shockingly incompetent. 

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

His "smaller in endorsements thruout the city will be Large..

Please find some of Gase's endorsements.  There aren't any that I can find.

NFL head coaches don't have time for that stuff at all during the season.  When you suck as bad as Gase no one wants you as a spokesperson. 

5 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

If you're an NFL coach who's primary concern is not getting fired for poor performance so you sign on a with a team who has a history of not firing incompetent coaches and hence has a long and storied history of losing, you deserve to work for the Brown family.

Only losers plan to lose. Stars shine.

Every guy who takes their first NFL HC job thinks they are going to kick ass, which is why the Bengals will get new guy after new guy.  Experienced guys know better.  Even solid coaches have to take shitty jobs.  Ron Rivera is a solid coach and he took a job from Dan Snyder!  The WFT is possibly a worse organization than the Bengals.  Yes, they pay, but the owner is involved in player personnel and their decisions have been disastrous.  I'm not even going to mention the sexual harassment/assault stuff that was going on in the organization.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The WFT is possibly a worse organization than the Bengals.  Yes, they pay, but the owner is involved in player personnel and their decisions have been disastrous.  I'm not even going to mention the sexual harassment/assault stuff that was going on in the organization.

That is absolutely delusional. The Bengals have been the worst team in football for a long time. Don't even put Washington in the same sentence. Mike Brown didn't spend 30 years being an incompetent jackass for you to give half his trophy to Dan Snyder.

And the owner is involved in personnel decisions!!! Sacre bleu! Mike Brown didn't let Marvin choose the GAMEDAY roster until his second contract.

But, sure, whatever bro. We're getting all the best coaches here because they can go 2-14 all they want and not get fired. It's not just the sliver of security you have to offer to get people to shovel shit in this circus. You mention Rivera... He was not a candidate for the Bengals as he was seen as "unwilling" to come here.

21 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Every guy who takes their first NFL HC job thinks they are going to kick ass, which is why the Bengals will get new guy after new guy.  Experienced guys know better.  Even solid coaches have to take shitty jobs.  Ron Rivera is a solid coach and he took a job from Dan Snyder!  The WFT is possibly a worse organization than the Bengals.  Yes, they pay, but the owner is involved in player personnel and their decisions have been disastrous.  I'm not even going to mention the sexual harassment/assault stuff that was going on in the organization.

Washington is by far better than the Bengals...it's not even close. They have more superbowl championship rings, HOF players, higher value, a real front office instead of blind nepotism, etc....

The Bengals are by far the worst organization in the NFL, they been that since Paul Brown died 30 years ago. They hire family members for all of the top positions regardless of qualifications, they have the smallest coaching and support staff, they are consistently near the bottom of the league in revenue and value, they have never won a superbowl nor a playoff game since 1990, only one player in HOF, etc...

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

That is absolutely delusional. The Bengals have been the worst team in football for a long time. Don't even put Washington in the same sentence. Mike Brown didn't spend 30 years being an incompetent jackass for you to give half his trophy to Dan Snyder.

And the owner is involved in personnel decisions!!! Sacre bleu! Mike Brown didn't let Marvin choose the GAMEDAY roster until his second contract.

But, sure, whatever bro. We're getting all the best coaches here because they can go 2-14 all they want and not get fired. It's not just the sliver of security you have to offer to get people to shovel shit in this circus. You mention Rivera... He was not a candidate for the Bengals as he was seen as "unwilling" to come here.

As far as incompetence goes Snyder is only 9 years behind Mikey Boy.  Actually, you could say Snyder is worse for two reasons.  1) He spends way more money than Brown to lose.  2)  His organization was actually pimping out it's cheerleaders.  WFT season tickets used to be in people's will.  Now anyone can get them.  It takes a lot of work to destroy a storied franchise, but Snyder has done just that.  Brown just put the Bengals in park when daddy dies.  Snyder revved up the engine and drove it off a cliff!  Rivera would have been a candidate if Brown would open his pocketbook.  Rivera just chose the shitshow that pays more.

I'm not here defending Brown.  He's a horriffic owner and GM, but he has contemporaries.  I get the anger, the "how dare you say anyone is as bad as Brown" stuff is laughable.

53 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Washington is by far better than the Bengals...it's not even close. They have more superbowl championship rings, HOF players, higher value, a real front office instead of blind nepotism, etc....

The Bengals are by far the worst organization in the NFL, they been that since Paul Brown died 30 years ago. They hire family members for all of the top positions regardless of qualifications, they have the smallest coaching and support staff, they are consistently near the bottom of the league in revenue and value, they have never won a superbowl nor a playoff game since 1990, only one player in HOF, etc....the Brown/Blackburn 

A real front office?  WFT?  Pass what you are smoking.  They had to clean out the front office, including the longtime broadcaster, for some crazy sexual harrassment shit including pimping out cheerleaders to sponsors.  Throw in the years of unwillingness to get rid of a racial slur as a mascot.  Then we can get to the dumbass player decisions they've made.  Just at QB  Yeah.  That's a real front office.  Sure, prior to Snyder the WFT was a premier franchise.  It's still valuable since it's in DC, but over the past 21 years it's been as poorly run as any in the NFL.  The only thing Brown has on Snyder is longevity when it comes to incompetence. 

Yes, Mike Brown sucks.  He has his equals. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

As far as incompetence goes Snyder is only 9 years behind Mikey Boy.  Actually, you could say Snyder is worse for two reasons.  1) He spends way more money than Brown to lose.  2)  His organization was actually pimping out it's cheerleaders.  WFT season tickets used to be in people's will.  Now anyone can get them.  It takes a lot of work to destroy a storied franchise, but Snyder has done just that.  Brown just put the Bengals in park when daddy dies.  Snyder revved up the engine and drove it off a cliff!  Rivera would have been a candidate if Brown would open his pocketbook.  Rivera just chose the shitshow that pays more.

I'm not here defending Brown.  He's a horriffic owner and GM, but he has contemporaries.  I get the anger, the "how dare you say anyone is as bad as Brown" stuff is laughable.

Whatever man. I live near DC. I know how both teams are perceived by their fans and media.

If you really think that Dan Snyder foolishly spending money trying to win is the same as Mike and Katie letting Whitworth walk because their mathematical model shows that an LT is only worth 11.23999 Million.... OK. 

So keep telling yourself... Mike Brown isn't the worst owner in the league. It's all bad luck and small market. 

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Whatever man. I live near DC. I know how both teams are perceived by their fans and media.

If you really think that Dan Snyder foolishly spending money trying to win is the same as Mike and Katie letting Whitworth walk because their mathematical model shows that an LT is only worth 11.23999 Million.... OK. 

What's the difference?  Letting go of a good player, or signing shitty ones?  Both lead to losses.  You want to dissect the reasons?  Pfft.  Waste of effort.  I don't care why, I only care that the decision was bad.

So keep telling yourself... Mike Brown isn't the worst owner in the league. It's all bad luck and small market.

I'm not saying it's bad luck and small market.  Mike Brown sucks.  He does have company

18 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

A real front office?  WFT?  Pass what you are smoking.  They had to clean out the front office, including the longtime broadcaster, for some crazy sexual harrassment shit including pimping out cheerleaders to sponsors.  Throw in the years of unwillingness to get rid of a racial slur as a mascot.  Then we can get to the dumbass player decisions they've made.  Just at QB  Yeah.  That's a real front office.  Sure, prior to Snyder the WFT was a premier franchise.  It's still valuable since it's in DC, but over the past 21 years it's been as poorly run as any in the NFL.  The only thing Brown has on Snyder is longevity when it comes to incompetence. 

Yes, Mike Brown sucks.  He has his equals.

Yes, their front office is filled with actual professionals...not the proginey of Paul Brown and their lovers.

Do you really think Troy Blackburn earned that VP of Football Operations opportunity thru hard work and merit?

Would Paul Brown Jr. be VP of player personnel for any other NFL franchise besides the Bengals?

Of course not....the Bengals don't have a real front office, they have hired family members to fill roles that are normally filled by people who have previously demonstrated their ability to do the job successfully. 

You have some rose colored glasses on friend, the Bengals are basement of the NFL. They can't even compete with the other franchises in the NFL, outside of Marvin's tenure Mike Brown's record as an owner is abysmal.

At least Snyder isn't hiring his brother, daughter, and son-in-law to run the franchise without accountability or threat of losing their job despite the obvious ineptitude. 

24 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Yes, their front office is filled with actually professionals...not the proginey of Paul Brown and their lovers.

Do you really think Troy Blackburn earned that VP of Football Operations opportunity thru hard work and merit?

Would Paul Brown Jr. be VP of player personnel for any other NFL franchise besides the Bengals?

Of course not....the Bengals don't have a real front office, they have hired family members to fill roles that are normally filled by people who have previously demonstrated their ability to do the job successfully. 

You have some rose colored glasses on friend, the Bengals are basement of the NFL. They can't even compete with the other franchises in the NFL, outside of Marvin's tenure Mike Brown's record as an owner is abysmal.

At least Snyder isn't hiring his brother, daughter, and son-in-law to run the franchise without accountability or threat of losing their job despite the obvious ineptitude... 

At what point do I have rose colored glasses on?  Mike Brown sucks.  I say it over and over again. 

Nepotism, nepotism, nepotism.  I hear you.  So what?  If they were winning no one would care.   You, and others, seem obsessed as to why the front office sucks.  Yeah, we all see it.  It doesn't matter why.  Over the long term the results are only what matters. 

Washington sucks too.  It doesn't matter who they hire because Snyder is making the decisions, and 21 years of Snyder has proven he sucks balls.  Throw in some racism and sexual harassment to top it all off.  I really don't see why this is so hard to fathom.  Enjoy your obsession. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

It's hilarious to me that people actually get mad just for someone saying something as innocuous as "Mike Brown is horrible but so are other owners". It never ceases to amaze me how petty people can be. 

It's hilarious to me that anyone who disagrees with you is "mad". I guess the other side was angrily defending Mike Brown? I find it weird that anyone would angrily defend him also...

Disagree all you like, but don't try to lay your trip on me. 

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

It's hilarious to me that anyone who disagrees with you is "mad". I guess the other side was angrily defending Mike Brown? I find it weird that anyone would angrily defend him also...

Ah yes the old Dave Mason song is ringing in my ears now..

There aint no good guy

There aint no bad guy

Theres only you and me and

We just disagree...

14 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The OLine and front 7 are also much more the sum of guys working together than any one talent shining. It's about 5 guys not letting one guy through as a unit. It's about the free rusher making the play whether he's first string or fourth string.

It's communication, discipline, trust, selflessness... You have to eat the double so another guy can make a play. You have to trust that your teammate has his gap. Not separate as the fingers, but one as the hand. Very average guys can do great things when they function as a larger unit in concert. Very average musicians can do things more masterful than VanHalen in an orchestra.

It doesn't change for the winning teams, because these are the very ingredients of winning teams. Solid putting wins golf tourneys is why solid putters keep winning. Solid OLine and front 7 play are far less about the talent, and more where the coaching and culture shines. Well coached teams get good play out of 6th rounders, bad teams have "bust" first rounders. 

It's infuriating to constantly watch the Stealers kick our butts with guys picked on day 3, but it speaks to coaching and culture.

I'm honestly shocked to see some defending this absolute dumpster fire. Taylor has been shockingly incompetent. 

Great post!!

Lol I wasn’t the one that said it, Cletus. 
And yes I do think it’s pretty stupid and petty to get upset with someone just for saying “Mike Brown is fucking horrible but there are others out there just as bad.” Is no one else allowed to be as bad as him? I don’t get it. 

For the record I'm not angry with anyone. 

I'm also not defending Mike Brown. 

I am ripping owners like Snyder in DC and whichever Johnson is in charge of the Jets.  All shitbags like Brown.

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

Lol I wasn’t the one that said it, Cletus. 
And yes I do think it’s pretty stupid and petty to get upset with someone just for saying “Mike Brown is fucking horrible but there are others out there just as bad.” Is no one else allowed to be as bad as him? I don’t get it. 

The quote button quoted you, I'm not sure what you're denying saying. And again, I don't know why you feel the need to try and be insulting. "Cletus"? I'm not the one trying to make this personal. I would hope we could have a difference of opinion without needing to stoop to name calling.

Again, upset? If someone disagrees with your point of view they're "upset" or "mad"? Or, on the contrary, do you have some special training that allows you to so definitively know my frame of mind at the time of posting? 

You seem to be the one upset... Name calling because someone has a difference of opinion, and seemingly flummoxed as to why someone would dare to express such an opinion on a forum dedicated to such opinions. Subsequent posts show my opinion is not even unique or extreme.

So, I don't know what's going on in your head, but don't tell me what's going on in mine based on it. If you're reading my posts as "mad", that's a reflection of what's in your head rather than some deeper understanding of reality you've discerned.

PatternMaster already laid out the case. So.... Fun convo. I'll need to remember to post here more.

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

For the record I'm not angry with anyone. 

I'm also not defending Mike Brown. 

I am ripping owners like Snyder in DC and whichever Johnson is in charge of the Jets.  All shitbags like Brown.

For the record, I didn't take it as either of us being "angry" or mad in any way.

I'm just saying, there's shitbags, and then there's Mike Brown. Washington Football Team fans still have hope... We got over that a decade ago. Dan Snyder doesn't have his daughter running the franchise after 30 years of losing. In a sea of shit bags, Mike Brown isn't even a bad person... He actually seems like a nice dude... But he's a terrible owner. Easily the worst. 

Mike Brown is the punchline to every bad owner joke. The Bengals the punchline to every bad Football team joke, if they remember we're still in the league. Go ahead and Google "Worst owner in sports".

Sure, lots of terrible people in the NFL. Jerry Jones is an absolute shit bag. Mike Brown is a much better person. But I bet Andy Dalton don't care. Carson said "I can't play for Mike Brown, but Bill Bedwell and the Davis fam? Sign me up." 

Snyder interferes with the roster? Mike refuses to hire a GM after 30 years! He and Katie literally make all of the decisions. How do you compare the two? Mike Brown isn't slick enough to whore out a cheerleader. Hell, he thinks too small which is part of the reason he's a crap owner. But he never minded picking up a wife beater or two if they slid down the draft. I'm not sure how that compares either.

But I know if I had even money on which team would win the Super Bowl next, I'd take Washington. As would 99.9% of the public. And realistically, that's a VERY safe bet. I'm not crazy enough to keep watching the same movie over and over and expecting a different ending. Dan Snyder may be a really bad gambler losing tons at Baccarat, but Mike Brown has piddled away his fortune on $5 scratch cards. If Snyder gets lucky he pushes all of his chips in and wins big - Mike Brown is like "Oooh, we won $500!!! 100 more scratch cards please!"

Anyway, a lot of words to say - in world of lousy owners, Mike Brown is #1 at something. He has lapped the competition.

5 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

But I know if I had even money on which team would win the Super Bowl next, I'd take Washington. As would 99.9% of the public. And realistically, that's a VERY safe bet. I'm not crazy enough to keep watching the same movie over and over and expecting a different ending. Dan Snyder may be a really bad gambler losing tons at Baccarat, but Mike Brown has piddled away his fortune on $5 scratch cards. If Snyder gets lucky he pushes all of his chips in and wins big - Mike Brown is like "Oooh, we won $500!!! 100 more scratch cards please!"

Anyway, a lot of words to say - in world of lousy owners, Mike Brown is #1 at something. He has lapped the competition.

Highly unlikely we live to see either team do that.

Archived