Everything Zac Taylor...

50 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont know ..i think hes right..bet the mortgage?..Im in with Snyder..

If we want to see a possible future, watch Detroit.  The old woman owner is out and the daughter has taken over and became the principle owner.  She immediately shit cans Patricia after laying a turd on a thanksgiving. 

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If we want to see a possible future, watch Detroit.  The old woman owner is out and the daughter has taken over and became the principle owner.  She immediately shit cans Patricia after laying a turd on a thanksgiving. 

Damn SF. Isnt that we're seeing here with Katy?..

Seriously..

21 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The quote button quoted you, I'm not sure what you're denying saying. And again, I don't know why you feel the need to try and be insulting. "Cletus"? I'm not the one trying to make this personal. I would hope we could have a difference of opinion without needing to stoop to name calling.

Again, upset? If someone disagrees with your point of view they're "upset" or "mad"? Or, on the contrary, do you have some special training that allows you to so definitively know my frame of mind at the time of posting? 

You seem to be the one upset... Name calling because someone has a difference of opinion, and seemingly flummoxed as to why someone would dare to express such an opinion on a forum dedicated to such opinions. Subsequent posts show my opinion is not even unique or extreme.

So, I don't know what's going on in your head, but don't tell me what's going on in mine based on it. If you're reading my posts as "mad", that's a reflection of what's in your head rather than some deeper understanding of reality you've discerned.

PatternMaster already laid out the case. So.... Fun convo. I'll need to remember to post here more.

Wait, so your name actually isn’t Cletus then? My bad. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I was in Detroit for the Thanksgiving holiday. I saw the coverage on that and honestly it all reminded me of our situation. This Ford daughter reminds me of Katie. A woman trying to come across as strong and authoritative but at the end of the day she doesn't know shit about football. I will say the Ford family at least hires GMs but when their hires are Matt Millen and Bob Quinn is that really a plus?

No, they're a little more screwed than we are 'cause at least we have a QB to build around. Stafford is on the decline and is playing with fractured bones in his back

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Just imagine the Browns owning a MLB franchise with crappy scouts..oh heavens

I assume they would actually be losing money and eventually have to sell.  

Generally this is what happens when you run a business into the ground.

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I was in Detroit for the Thanksgiving holiday. I saw the coverage on that and honestly it all reminded me of our situation. This Ford daughter reminds me of Katie. A woman trying to come across as strong and authoritative but at the end of the day she doesn't know shit about football. I will say the Ford family at least hires GMs but when their hires are Matt Millen and Bob Quinn is that really a plus?

No, they're a little more screwed than we are 'cause at least we have a QB to build around. Stafford is on the decline and is playing with fractured bones in his back

Stafford is playing fine.  His #1 receiver is Marvin Jones then Danny Amendola. Galloday is always hurt.  

His other target is his TE Hockenson who is actually young and good.  Their top running back is Adrian Peterson.  I mean that has to be the worst group of geriatric skill players in the league.  

You are right Stanford has taken a beating. 

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The Fords know about running a business, so do the Browns, but the Brown family is no where near the level of the Fords. And yet, the results aren't that much different.

Dan Snyder is real estate mogul and interferes with the WFT operations constantly.  Ala Haskins, RGIII and so on.  He desperately wants to win. The evidence suggests the Browns are ambivalent to winning. It'd be nice, but not required.

Clearly having mad money doesn't buy NFL championships like it does in the NBA, MLB or NHL.

I'd love to see the Browns bring in a NFL savvy GM. Hell, bring back Marvin for that. I'm ok with keeping wunderkind Zach if they do that, or get him a veteran Def Coord and or a a veteran consultant. 

My ideal would be to bring Bieniemy and let him build his staff.

But none of that is going to happen. Insanity loop continues. Bar tender, another round pls.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

because he's old man Brownie and that's not what he does..

Winning for the Brown family is about proving they know what they're doing & that Ol' Musty was "right all along" every time he was the one dissenting vote at owner's meetings.

They would rather lose every game than admit they are wrong by changing how they operate.

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean other than a few anomalous seasons, this franchise has been bad since inception. Thirty years from now, if there's still a NFL, they'll still be bad other than a few anomalous seasons. That's who they are. It's literally in their DNA. That's why I don't understand why anyone would complain about a losing team counting on a high round draft pick to come in right away and perform. They're losers. Why wouldn't they count on that? As fans though what else do we have other than hoping and rooting for some high round draft pick to come in and succeed in a place where all else fails? They're the worst FO with the worst scouting in the league and there's literally nothing else we have as fans other than the draft and the young infusion it brings. I mean that's as sad as it gets...but it's true. It is what it is. 

I think you misunderstand.  Sewell could be the greatest OT in NFL history and it won't change all the other stuff you mentioned. 

My remaining hopes are based on a few possibilities:

1. I don't think Ol Musty is that happy with personnel decisions like spending a 9th overall pick & (more importantly) ~ $20 million on Ross's career 10 TD's.  Not mad enough to actually cut the guy so the roster spot could be filled by someone that can play, but still..  They've wasted a ton of money on bums and even from a bean counter perspective that has to chafe.  

2.  I don't think KatieTroy are "football people".  They have guaranteed income that at this point could only increase the less they are involved.  When Pops is no longer controlling the checkbook I think they will be happy to keep getting paid without needing to pretend to work for it.

3. The NFL doesn't care about the team but they probably don't like seeing potential stars like Burrow being wasted.  The other owners aren't happy about supporting an entire extended family of leeches and will keep finding ways to punish them.  Basically, I think KatieTroy may wear down over time.

4.  Under Marvin they got a brief taste of what being a legitimate NFL franchise might feel like.  Ol' Musty obviously doesn't care but I think the rest of the family enjoyed that moment in the Sun & realize they have no idea how to get back there on their own.

5.  I have no control over any of it anyway.  I can either appreciate it as slapstick comedy, or more likely pay less and less attention to what they're doing.  Those are my options.  I'm not going to tell myself that Burrow or Sewell or whoever we're drafting in the Top 10 the year after that are going to save us.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think you misunderstand.  Sewell could be the greatest OT in NFL history and it won't change all the other stuff you mentioned. 

My remaining hopes are based on a few possibilities:

1. I don't think Ol Musty is that happy with personnel decisions like spending a 9th overall pick & (more importantly) ~ $20 million on Ross's career 10 TD's.  Not mad enough to actually cut the guy so the roster spot could be filled by someone that can play, but still..  They've wasted a ton of money on bums and even from a bean counter perspective that has to chafe.  

2.  I don't think KatieTroy are "football people".  They have guaranteed income that at this point could only increase the less they are involved.  When Pops is no longer controlling the checkbook I think they will be happy to keep getting paid without needing to pretend to work for it.

3. The NFL doesn't care about the team but they probably don't like seeing potential stars like Burrow being wasted.  The other owners aren't happy about supporting an entire extended family of leeches and will keep finding ways to punish them.  Basically, I think KatieTroy may wear down over time.

4.  Under Marvin they got a brief taste of what being a legitimate NFL franchise might feel like.  Ol' Musty obviously doesn't care but I think the rest of the family enjoyed that moment in the Sun & realize they have no idea how to get back there on their own.

5.  I have no control over any of it anyway.  I can either appreciate it as slapstick comedy, or more likely pay less and less attention to what they're doing.  Those are my options.  I'm not going to tell myself that Burrow or Sewell or whoever we're drafting in the Top 10 the year after that are going to save us.

Then give up and sulk forever...

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Then give up and sulk forever...

Give up... what?  There's nothing for me to give up.  You're trying to convince yourself that old Fido went to live on a big farm in the country and I'm pointing you to the freshly filled in hole in the back yard.  

Which of us is sulking about it?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Give up... what?  There's nothing for me to give up.  You're trying to convince yourself that old Fido went to live on a big farm in the country and I'm pointing you to the freshly filled in hole in the back yard.  

Which of us is sulking about it?

Your allways sulking about the team..

I dont know why you even follow them..

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

There's a comedy program I watch in the fall called The Bengals. It's about this clueless small town football owner who brings together a bunch of wacky misfits and they try to take on real NFL teams and fail. It's hilarious.

And it's been running longer than The Simpsons.

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Winning for the Brown family is about proving they know what they're doing & that Ol' Musty was "right all along" every time he was the one dissenting vote at owner's meetings.

They would rather lose every game than admit they are wrong by changing how they operate.

Someone brought up the Lions hiring BAD GM's... At least they're trying something different.

There's saying along the lines of "There's no bigger fool than one who is convinced he's right". 

We are reduced to praying Katie will quit pretending to love football after ol' Musty dies. The movie always ends the same.

4 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I miss the character with all of the catch phrases...."Child please!" Some of Billy West's best voice work. What was his name... Sideshow Chad??

'Member that time when he led the AFC in yards? And then did it again next year? And the season after that? And then the one after that?

AJ who.

16 hours ago, crazycat said:

Just a wild idea, but if you really want to stick it in this division, hire Tom Donahue ex-GM for Pitsburgh. Let him build it like he did there, just stay out of his way. Old man Brownie keeps saying it wants to be like them, so why not friggin act like. it. 

And the reason that won’t happen is simple: The Browns would need to spend over 1 million NON SALARY CAP dollars to do such a thing. Money out of their actual pocket. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

And the reason that won’t happen is simple: The Browns would need to spend over 1 million NON SALARY CAP dollars to do such a thing. Money out of their actual pocket. 

I really don't think it's about money. Look no further than Bobby Hart's contract to see that it's not about money. It's about control. The Brown family are control freaks. They can't fathom relinquishing control.

9 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

There's a comedy program I watch in the fall called The Bengals. It's about this clueless small town football owner who brings together a bunch of wacky misfits and they try to take on real NFL teams and fail. It's hilarious.

😂😂

Archived