Everything Zac Taylor...

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Just looked up Sweeneys contract with Clemson..

He signed a 10yr 93mil contract..

Hes not going anywhere..

Dabo's quasi religious show can work with college kids, but professionals would laugh him out of the locker room.  It's why recruiting is at least as important as coaching in college.  Swinney has a room full of kids that want his kind of leadership.  You don't get to recruit and choose in the NFL.

21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Ummm...were you watching the play calling against Northwestern?  Holy crap!  The coaches seemed to be doing everything they could to lose the game!  When your players are better than the other team at nearly every position it makes you look great as a coach. 

Moving from the college to pro game is difficult.  College coaches have a lot of power over their players.  Pro coaches do not.  Big change.

Not only the players but the University in itself!..

Unbelievable power..

Saban and Sweeney built their programs to the point the fans look at these two as football Gods..

Since 2015 Saban has lost 5 games..Sweeney 6 I believe..

Ron Day is 23-1 ..maybe he'll continue the level of Meyer there as well.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:31 PM, PatternMaster said:

Remember, he quit....couldn't take it

Remember when Sam Wyche quit?  No, wait, he was fired.  No, he quit... Depends on who you talk to.

Going way back in ancient Bengal history, remember when Bill "Tiger" Johnson quit?

Was called into Paul Brown's office, came out and left for good.

Was reported that he quit.

He quit so fast he left his brown bag lunch in the refrigeration.

The players left it in there for the rest of the season as a reminder of what happens when you whiz off Paul Brown.

On 12/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, ArmyBengal said:

I thought Coslet was a good OC, but a lousy HC.

Same for Dick LeBeau.  Great DC, lousy HC.

4 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Yes, still fire him, FFS. 

No, don't fire him.

I was leaning that way in the first place.

While I think this solidified his job, unfortunately it may have solidified the DC and OL coach, too.

In defense of the DC (ugh!), Vonn Bell said in his post game interview that they were clueing in on

keys and even watching Rothy's eyes.  The keys part is coaching and the Squeels are to be faulted

for their coaches taking this game too lightly.  A classic trap game.

My thoughts in the final 3-5 minutes of the game is this is one Marvin would have 100% for

sure would have lost with his classic piss poor clock management.

Now Sunday becomes a big game.

The Sewellper Bowl.

Banner in the stadium last night (which looked like a Pittsburgh home game) said

"Penei For Your Thoughts"

Credit where credit is due...the team played their hearts out last night, Taylor obviously has support from the players. I don't really mind him staying around for another year as long as he fires that fucking OL coach!

I'm torn on Anurumo. They haven't been great on defense by any stretch but they also don't have a whole lot of talent to work with either. They're certainly a scrappy bunch though. 

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Credit where credit is due...the team played their hearts out last night, Taylor obviously has support from the players. I don't really mind him staying around for another year as long as he fires that fucking OL coach!

I'm torn on Anurumo. They haven't been great on defense by any stretch but they also don't have a whole lot of talent to work with either. They're certainly a scrappy bunch though. 

I think we can all agree this game saved Shula, if in fact his job was in question. 

OL coach HAS to go and I think Anurumo has to as well - can't look at one game and say that is the norm (same can be said for Shula actually). The player issues were there all year on the D and OL - call it rumors or whatever , where there is smoke there is fire. 

The problem though remains the same - can you get a better DC given how the organization operates? Any OL coach will be better so that is no issue. 

He SHOULD be fired.  Last night was an anomaly.  The rest of the season has been a disjointed mess that points directly at the head coach and front office. 

The OL looked a lot more stable with two NFL caliber guards in there.  Still weak at the tackles.  Early on they were blowing past Fred and Hart like a couple of pylons.  Sticking with the run and RPOs made the Shitsburg DEs cool their jets.  Suggests that Zac's pass heavy play calling made things worse for the o-line all season.

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

He SHOULD be fired.  Last night was an anomaly.  The rest of the season has been a disjointed mess that points directly at the head coach and front office. 

Exactly. But one bad thing this organization does is 'project' players, coaches, etc. They see Bobby Hart make 5 good plays in a season and they then assume he can do it all the time. They will look at this game and assume it is what the team is capable of throughout a season, but there is no evidence of it. Kudos to the team for playing hard and they actually had a good game plan but as you noted this is the one-off not the norm. 

• Numbers changed the title to Everything Zac Taylor...
On 12/22/2020 at 6:08 PM, claptonrocks said:

Yeah Taylors playcalling was outstanding against the Stealers..

The team was focused and stayed on it..

Turner Anusumo and. Al Golden will get the boot..

All 3 failed this team miserably..

Since when does failing miserably get you fired on this team?

On 12/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, spicoli said:

And not to beat a dead horse but Geno, DJ and other injuries really mattered. Yeah, yeah...all teams have injuries but with our depth it was too much to overcome to look at least somewhat respectable.

Archived