Everything Zac Taylor...

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Oh gee..if only there was another option...a former Bengal who interviewed but wasn't hired..has a proven track record of success, has won a Super Bowl in which in his unit that he is responsible for plays great(not like Goff in the Super Bowl...but I digress)...who could this guy be.

https://wtop.com/sports-columns/2020/02/column-the-chief-reason-for-kcs-super-bowl-liv-comeback-is-overlooked-again/#:~:text=Yes%2C Reid calls plays.&text=“His role is the same,in communication with the quarterbacks.

Bienemy has coached under Reid..

Is he a good OC ..

They have a well assembled machine right now in KC..

He could get a pay raise equivalent to what the Bengals might offer as a HC...

He knows this org..

Hes not coming here....

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Is he a good OC ..

He knows this org..

Hes not coming here....

He wanted to come here but he was not good enough

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

But Marvin.....20 games in people are still blaming Marvin. If he was holding them back why can't they win more than 13% of they have played without him as HC when they won 52% of the games he coached?

I didn't realize the ghost of Marvin Lewis is why Taylor is one of worse coaches in NFL history. At what point does Taylor and this coaching staff get held accountable by anyone?

I think we are holding him accountable now but the inbreds cant because it would imply their own failures

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Is he a good OC ..

He knows this org..

Hes not coming here....

The one knock on Bienemy is that Andy Reid actually runs the offense. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The one knock on Bienemy is that Andy Reid actually runs the offense. 

That's not true... according to Andy Reid

“His role is the same (as Pederson and Nagy),” Reid said Thursday leading up to Super Bowl Sunday. “He does all the stuff the other coordinators do — the game plans and so on. He’s the one (who) signals and calls the plays and in communication with the quarterbacks. He’s in every quarterback meeting, all the stuff all the other guys do. I don’t know the answer.”

https://wtop.com/sports-columns/2020/02/column-the-chief-reason-for-kcs-super-bowl-liv-comeback-is-overlooked-again/

22 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

First thought I had when I read this. To outsiders, that guy was a mere Division CoS in 1940. To insiders, he was a respected up-and-comer.

To the point: I don't know what Taylor's reputation was among his peers in Feb, 2019, but I do know that he's only been on the job for 20 months. Under some pretty challenging circumstances. I'm not saying that we should anoint him as some kind of savior. I am saying that too many of you people want to throw him under the bus prematurely. I don't have any insider information, but I'm almost certain that Taylor and Bengals management, during the interview process, discussed a likely timeline as a reasonable measure of success or failure. And I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't 3 games into his second year. I'd also be willing to bet that it was along the lines of 3 years. Because in the real world it takes that long to see results from a major organizational change of this kind. I know this to be true.

So, everybody chill out, enjoy the bumpy ride this year, and wait to see if this team is a playoff-contender next year. If it isn't by the end of 2021, then maybe some of this whining and complaining might be justified.

Understand that I do want Taylor to succeed and he should get another year unless this one turns into shit.  

My point was simply that he should have never been hired.  He didn’t have anything close to the resume to warrant getting the job. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Understand that I do want Taylor to succeed and he should get another year unless this one turns into shit.  

AT 0-2-1 & the team looking like they could lose every remaining game?  If it hasn't turned into shit it's sure doing a good impression of a turd so far.

Of course the chances of them firing a HC midseason are slim to none.  Taylor will get a 3rd year (and, lets be real, probably a 4th and 5th)  in his systemic foolproof plan to get a 6-10 team back to 8-8. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

AT 0-2-1 & the team looking like they could lose every remaining game?  If it hasn't turned into shit it's sure doing a good impression of a turd so far.

Of course the chances of them firing a HC midseason are slim to none.  Taylor will get a 3rd year (and, lets be real, probably a 4th and 5th)  in his systemic foolproof plan to get a 6-10 team back to 8-8. 

If the team had anything resembling a right tackle and guard it is probably close to a .500 club. Of course that is the MO of the club this century , work toward just being good enough to make the playoffs and then be somebody’s warmup game during wildcard weekend.  

The 2015 club was the only exception

having one of the best teams in the league even with AJ at QB but they still found a way to piss down their leg. 

8 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

That's not true... according to Andy Reid

“His role is the same (as Pederson and Nagy),” Reid said Thursday leading up to Super Bowl Sunday. “He does all the stuff the other coordinators do — the game plans and so on. He’s the one (who) signals and calls the plays and in communication with the quarterbacks. He’s in every quarterback meeting, all the stuff all the other guys do. I don’t know the answer.”

https://wtop.com/sports-columns/2020/02/column-the-chief-reason-for-kcs-super-bowl-liv-comeback-is-overlooked-again/

Maybe so, but that is what folks say. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

If the team had anything resembling a right tackle and guard it is probably close to a .500 club. Of course that is the MO of the club this century , work toward just being good enough to make the playoffs and then be somebody’s warmup game during wildcard weekend.  

The 2015 club was the only exception

having one of the best teams in the league even with AJ at QB but they still found a way to piss down their leg. 

I blame Marvin doing the Clueless Clap while Gio was out cold from Shazier's cheapshot.  You know how baseball managers will deliberately get themselves ejected in order to protect their players and put the umps on notice? Pretty much that.  Instead Marvin grabbed his ankles & left the team to retaliate.  Classic Stealers cry-bully strat which of course worked like a charm.

Anyway, a RT and RG would at least let Burrow survive the season, but he'd still be throwing to WR's that mostly don't care before the god-awful defense takes over.  What I see is a bad team that's only gotten worse under Taylor, aside from a top QB falling into their laps.

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

So do you believe your "folks" or Andy Reid.... just trying to understand your point

If he's half the coach y'all say he is, he'll get hired by some competent team or college long before the Bengals FO are willing to give up on Taylor.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:53 PM, PatternMaster said:

So do you believe your "folks" or Andy Reid.... just trying to understand your point

The point is that’s what folks around the league are saying.  What do you think Andy Reid would say?  “Yeah, you’re right.  I call a bunch of the plays.”  No, he’s going to support his guy.  I don’t know one way or another, but Andy Reid isn’t some kind of saint incapable of bullshitting to help his coach.  

On 10/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I don't think Reid called any plays before he was first hired as a HC?

A HC has to have other qualities like leadership, he does not have to call plays. 

Agreed but if Bienemy isn't calling the plays in KC, why hire him as a HC? 

22 hours ago, sparky151 said:

But the argument for Bienemy is the same as for Taylor. He is associated with a top offensive coach so maybe stuff rubbed off on him. I'd rather hire a coach with prior HC experience than play farm team for possibles.

I say would Matt Nagy and Doug Pederson are better comparisons than Taylor, they both had the same role and responsibilities that Bienemy is currently responsible for. Taylor was a QB coach not an OC,  it's pretty rare to go from position coach to HC.

I'm sure Bienemy will get the right opportunity for him. 

As for Taylor, a 4 or 5 game win streak would go a long way. I hope this team can compete with Baltimore this year.

23 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I say would Matt Nagy and Doug Pederson are better comparisons than Taylor, they both had the same role and responsibilities that Bienemy is currently responsible for. Taylor was a QB coach not an OC,  it's pretty rare to go from position coach to HC.

I'm sure Bienemy will get the right opportunity for him. 

As for Taylor, a 4 or 5 game win streak would go a long way. I hope this team can compete with Baltimore this year.

I sort of mentally compare Taylor with Matt Patricia. First time HC replacing an established mediocre HC. Was brought in to get the team over the top but has turned that into a rebuilding project he won't be around for the end of. 

This team looked unprepared, not able to compete offensively, again, and did not help their special teams or defense.

Taylor hasn't come close to competing and the team is getting worse. 

With proven leaders like Green and Dunlap openly asking to be traded and the coaching decisions being made it's not looking Taylor's culture is having the desired results. 

Archived