Everything Zac Taylor...

55 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Kinda stupid to think Harbaugh wouldn’t have done the exact same thing if the situation were reversed. No HC wants to be shutout. This is all a bunch of nonsense. 

It is, but also the most attention the team will likely see this season unless they come down with Covid or Burrow gets hurt.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

True, but the NFL coaches have a fraternity and code of conduct. This is the type of thing that might make it harder to recruit a quality assistant coach in the future.

Hahaha.  That's funny.  Since when did that ever matter to the Brown family?  Quality assistants cost money.

These players are awfully comfortable disagreeing with the coaching staff on the media... doesn't speak well for the culture. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/16/21519877/bengals-news-shawn-williams-darius-phillips-carlos-dunlap-colts

It seems like a mutiny, it's definitely not something you see in winning organizations or from successful head coaches.

27 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

These players are awfully comfortable disagreeing with the coaching staff on the media... doesn't speak well for the culture. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/16/21519877/bengals-news-shawn-williams-darius-phillips-carlos-dunlap-colts

It seems like a mutiny, it's definitely not something you see in winning organizations or from successful head coaches.

Agree but I think Shawn Williams is lucky to have a job on the team.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I remain skeptical of any worthwhile culture or system coming from ZT.  All I've seen from him is a bunch of PR smoke and a team that doesn't know whether to shit or go blind.

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I remain skeptical of any worthwhile culture or system coming from ZT.  All I've seen from him is a bunch of PR smoke and a team that doesn't know whether to shit or go blind.

Cultural change in a long standing organization is probably the hardest thing to achieve in an organization. I know I repeat myself on this a lot but IF the change is not driven from the top down it has virtually no chance to succeed. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Cultural change in a long standing organization is probably the hardest thing to achieve in an organization. I know I repeat myself on this a lot but IF the change is not driven from the top down it has virtually no chance to succeed. 

Not only that, but it has to be consistent with their actions.  Keeping Hart/Turner around, carrying Ross, all the defensive leadership pissed off, AJ goldbricking..  Those are the things that define a team's culture, not press conferences.

41 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not only that, but it has to be consistent with their actions.  Keeping Hart/Turner around, carrying Ross, all the defensive leadership pissed off, AJ goldbricking..  Those are the things that define a team's culture, not press conferences.

Indeed - has to be top down, the message must be consistent and consistently applied. Everyone has to understand the message/goals and buy in, those who do not buy in are removed. With this team, how can ZT 'convince' the players the organization wants to win when the players can clearly see the office is understaffed & inept at key spots? It can't work. Players will see through it quickly and then motivation and accountability wanes. 

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Indeed - has to be top down, the message must be consistent and consistently applied. Everyone has to understand the message/goals and buy in, those who do not buy in are removed. With this team, how can ZT 'convince' the players the organization wants to win when the players can clearly see the office is understaffed & inept at key spots?

Also that underperforming or problem players are safe so long as the team owes you enough money or the owner buys your sob story. Repeating myself again here but sentimental and risk-averse is a bad combination. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Also that underperforming or problem players are safe so long as the team owes you enough money or the owner buys your sob story. Repeating myself again here but sentimental and risk-averse is a bad combination. 

And the Bengals adhere to bith of those facets..

😒

24 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Funny quote from Falcons owner:

After their loss to the Panthers on Sunday, the 0-5 Falcons fired head coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff.  When asked why he made the change, Falcons owner Arthur Blank put it bluntly: “It’s called lack of winning.” 

Blank is at least trying ti win..

I see Matt Ryan traded to another team

If they can land a franchise QB in the draft...

47 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Blank is at least trying ti win..

I see Matt Ryan traded to another team

If they can land a franchise QB in the draft...

If they pick first no doubt they pick Lawrence.  Every team near the bottom except us picks Lawrence. 

.Read on cincy jungle that a confidence poll of the fans was down from 90% at the beginning of the season to 40% now.

I would assume the oline level has dropped from 60% to zero..

That alone will make the fans disgruntled..to the point of exasperation!

We have a good team..

Build the interior on offense..

make it an attribute instead of an embarrassing liability..

Jeez...

On 10/17/2020 at 1:50 PM, T-Dub said:

What about snazzy marketing catch phrases like New Dey...or Seize the Dey....you see if you spell Dey with an "e" then that makes it cool...like using "z" instead of a "s" to pluralize words gives you street cred

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

What about snazzy marketing catch phrases like New Dey...or Size the Dey....you see if you spell Dey with an "e" then that makes it cool...like using "z" instead of a "s" to pluralize words gives you street cred

word to your mitochondria my nilla

:ninja:

7 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

What about snazzy marketing catch phrases like New Dey...or Size the Dey....you see if you spell Dey with an "e" then that makes it cool...like using "z" instead of a "s" to pluralize words gives you street cred

DeyJaVu

or

DeyJaF*ckinVu

On 10/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, PatternMaster said:

The defense needs to keep their yappers shut and learn how to stop an offense.  The DBs were burnt easily today by old man Rivers.

Archived