Everything Zac Taylor...

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

1-4-1 is not good enough, but the vast majority of the team is still competing hard for this staff.  It's not a stretch to say they could've or should've won 2 or 3 against LA, Philly, and Indy and two of the losses involved late misses by Fat Randy.  The main problem is getting both offense and defense to play well at the same time.  The defense has played well at times (LA, JAX, BAL), but they were shredded by CLE and gave up late leads to Philly and Indy.  The offense has struggled to protect Burrow (24 sacks allowed, T-2nd most in NFL) but they've only had two poor performances against LA and BAL.  Burrow has thrown for 300 or more 4 times and twice been betrayed by late game missed FG.  Overall, this team isn't finishing games and they're making just enough mistakes to lose, which isn't surprising for a young team and staff.  I don't buy the narrative about Taylor losing the locker room, at least not yet.  

Fans like you give me hope.

18 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Raider fans are calling for Paulie G’s head, so he may be available. 

Bringing back some retread that failed elsewhere to resume failing here again would be the most Bengals of moves.

At this point ZT is the coaching equivalent of a kid stomping around the house in dad's too-big shoes playing at businessman.  "Over his head" doesn't begin to cover it.  

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Bringing back some retread that failed elsewhere to resume failing here again would be the most Bengals of moves.

At this point ZT is the coaching equivalent of a kid stomping around the house in dad's too-big shoes playing at businessman.  "Over his head" doesn't begin to cover it.  

So you are saying, never send a boy to do a man's job.damn,I wanted to give Zac a chance.but at the end of the day something has to change,with a record like this.

3 minutes ago, bigboi said:

So you are saying, never send a boy to do a man's job.damn,I wanted to give Zac a chance.but at the end of the day something has to change,with a record like this.

I mean.. The only time he's even held so much as a coordinator job was at an AAC college where he failed miserably.  He works cheap and is fluent in coach-speak.  That's all I've seen out of him.

'Over My Head' by The Fray, vocals by Coach Zach Taylor

I never knew
I never knew that we were gonna lose again
That everyone I knew was waiting on a win
To turn and run cuz' all I know is might've been
But that's how it's got to be
The fans are there but all they show is apathy
I'd rather quit than stay and see
The final score and who's still standing next to me
--chorus--
Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
It blows my mind
It. Blows. My. Mind.

Let's rearrange
Wish I wasn't 'coach' then I could disengage
My losing ways will never ever change
Win just a little bit then we could get along
But that's disregard
Find another coach and you discard
As you lose the argument in a drunken bar
Hanging above as the losing comes between
--Chorus--
Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
It blows my mind
It. Blows. My. Mind.

19 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It's like the movie Big with Tom Hanks.

I would love to see the Bengals hire Joe Brady and reunited him with Burrow. Bring in Zimmer or Dan Quinn as DC and build a winner... not a historically bad hot mess

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

It like the movie Big with Tom Hanks.

I would love to see the Bengals hire Joe Brady and reunited him with Burrow. Bring in Zimmer or Dan Quinn as DC and build a winner... not a historically bad hot mess

You mean spend additional non salary cap money??  

20 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

It's like the movie Big with Tom Hanks.

If he doesn't survive this year (I think he likely will) I could definitely see them pursuing Joe Brady or Bienemy.  I think Joe Brady would be a great fit.

• 4 weeks later...

Taylor and Turner have done the one thing they couldn't do, allow Burrow to get hurt in the pocket.

The playcalling and poor offensive line play are what caused this injury and ensured Taylor has the worst win percentage in NFL history.

Taylor and Turner have been holding Burrow back and now they they got him hurt.

He surely should be fired at season's end but does anyone think it's even a 33% chance the team gets a new coach? This will be the Cincy version of Cleveland keeping Hue after his 1-15 season (when the other team's kicker missed a chip shot at the end) so he could go 0-16 the next year. Taylor will claim marginal improvement from 2-14 to 2-13-1 but got his franchise's future crippled in the process. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

He surely should be fired at season's end but does anyone think it's even a 33% chance the team gets a new coach?

Um, no? 
Pretty sure everyone here knows what’s what when it comes to how this team operates and I think we’d all agree with that being a resounding NO. 

On 10/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, T-Dub said:

I mean.. The only time he's even held so much as a coordinator job was at an AAC college where he failed miserably.  He works cheap and is fluent in coach-speak.  That's all I've seen out of him.

His coach speak is tirering now..

To the point of nauseated humor..

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

We'll see how good his culture is now that he can't rely on Burrow to bail him out. 

I mean, every player that goes to a different team acts like they just escaped the arena league.  That's the culture.  T-shirts, weight room murals and louder, angrier coaches aren't going to fix that.

I will admit that Marvin overstayed his welcome but the NFL kind of left with him.  

An interesting reaction from Lions fans after their bad loss to the Texans resulted in Patricia and Quinn's firings.  Anyone here ready to commit to donate to any player who somehow embarrasses the Bengals enough to get Zac canned?:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-fans-donate-to-deshaun-watson-s-charity-in-droves-after-texans-win

Archived