Everything Zac Taylor...

5 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Nice post.

If you look at the team now, there are already strong pieces to work with.

On Offense:

Burrow

Mixon

Gio

Boyd

Higgins

Tate

Defense:

Bates III

WJ III (only if they let him play man 80-90% of the time, instead of zone)

Hubbard 

Lawson

We are not as bad off as it seems.

It's the coaching that's ruining this team,

We need strong complimentary players to build around what we currently have.

And a veteran QB like Jameis Winston

I noticed you didnt mention One Olineman among your offense..

Do you understand your statement?

27 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You can’t seriously think any coach would chose Cincinnati over any other franchise just because they have Joe “MCL, ACL, and meniscus damage” Burrow waiting for them?

Coaches know what Cincinnati offers on a professional level, almost nothing. 

Who is the last QB that had their career ruined by a knee injury?  Even Bridgwater is back playing. I get the “woe Is me, we are the Bengals” shtick, but Burrow will be back and likely next season.  His arm and head will be the same.  

Yes, Bengals management sucks.   The Jets are probably worse. Maybe new ownership will help in Detroit, but you are saddled with a chronic underachiever in Stafford.  So, yes...a potential HC would chose Cincinnati over those teams because of Burrow. 

21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Who is the last QB that had their career ruined by a knee injury?  Even Bridgwater is back playing. I get the “woe Is me, we are the Bengals” shtick, but Burrow will be back and likely next season.  His arm and head will be the same.  

Yes, Bengals management sucks.   The Jets are probably worse. Maybe new ownership will help in Detroit, but you are saddled with a chronic underachiever in Stafford.  So, yes...a potential HC would chose Cincinnati over those teams because of Burrow. 

LOL,  the Bengals are last on every available coach’s list.  You would honestly take the Bengals with Joe Burrow coming off rehab over the Jets and touchdown Jesus?  Joe Burrow is already yesterday’s news.  Rookie of the year?   Nope.  

Next year Lawrence and Fields will be the big story, Burrow and the Bengals?  Snore. 

He won 2 games this year.  Yay!

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

LOL,  the Bengals are last on every available coach’s list.  You would honestly take the Bengals with Joe Burrow coming off rehab over the Jets and touchdown Jesus?  Joe Burrow is already yesterday’s news.  Rookie of the year?   Nope.  

Next year Lawrence and Fields will be the big story, Burrow and the Bengals?  Snore. 

He won 2 games this year.  Yay!

If you didn’t figure out Burrow is special the way he played this season, well...not much I can say.  

Lawrence hasn’t done squat in the NFL. The Jets are currently the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL.  Good luck. 

I know the Bengals suck, but the “we’re worse than everyone” pity party is getting old. 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

What makes you think the Johnsons have any idea what they are doing with the Jets.  Evidence is exactly the opposite.  Spending money doesn't mean crap.  Ask WFT fans. 

The difference may be that these other teams are almost always replacing the GM as well and thus the personnel department gets an overhaul along with the coaching staff. This has a much better chance of success then the Bengals who refuse to change from the understaffed half blind scouting staff. 

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I noticed you didnt mention One Olineman among your offense..

Do you understand your statement?

Yep.

We have very good players at the skill positions. 

O line, not so much.

I believe they could be much better with better coaching though.

I'll even go as far to say that the offensive players I mentioned, 3 could be future pro bowlers.

On defense, Bates III is already playing at a pro bowl level.

And I didn't mentioned Brandon Wilson on Special Teams as another possible pro bowler.

The ingredients are there, we just need a decent chef 

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If you didn’t figure out Burrow is special the way he played this season, well...not much I can say.  

Lawrence hasn’t done squat in the NFL. The Jets are currently the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL.  Good luck. 

I know the Bengals suck, but the “we’re worse than everyone” pity party is getting old. 

The Jets have played in 2 AFC Championships in the last 12 years. The Bengals haven’t won a playoff game in 30. 

There isn’t one GM in the NFL that would take Joe Burrow and his shredded knee over Trevor Lawrence given the choice. 

Burrow is a better QB than Andy Dalton which is good but it’s a huge stretch to call him special.  Likable guy but a Passer rating of 89 and QBR of 59,9 makes him pretty average. Statistically, Herbert is having a much better season. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Jets have played in 2 AFC Championships in the last 12 years. The Bengals haven’t won a playoff game in 30. 

There isn’t one GM in the NFL that would take Joe Burrow and his shredded knee over Trevor Lawrence given the choice. 

Burrow is a better QB than Andy Dalton which is good but it’s a huge stretch to call him special.  Likable guy but a Passer rating of 89 and QBR of 59,9 makes him pretty average. Statistically, Herbert is having a much better season. 

Herbert is very good, but it hasn't translated into many wins.  I don't pay attention to SD that much, but he reminds me of a young Marino.

If you really think Burrow is just better than Andy Dalton I've grossly overestimated your football knowledge.  Burrow made things happen behind an atrocious line.  If the Bengals had and even semi-competent defense he would have 2 or 3 more wins. 

Trevor Lawrence is way overrated, IMO.  He makes the throws he's supposed to make and has wheels.  He also plays for a team with dominant talent across the board.  Rarely is it required for him to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  That's exactly what Burrow did this year.  That's exactly what Lawrence will have to do on the Jets, which is one of the historically worst teams in NFL history.  I don't care what they did a while back, but since the Johnsons have taken over that team the Jets have been on the cellar express.  Dumb signings, bad drafts, and stupid coaching hires.  The unholy trifecta for management.  Yeah, all the top HC wannabes are excited about that. 

The only reason a guy would pick the Jets over the Bengals is money.  The Jets will pay.  Mike Brown will not. 

The bottom line is the Brown family is a terrible executive group, but there are plenty of other examples in the NFL including the Lions, Jets and WFT.  All horribly run if not for as long as the Brown family. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Herbert is very good, but it hasn't translated into many wins.  I don't pay attention to SD that much, but he reminds me of a young Marino.

If you really think Burrow is just better than Andy Dalton I've grossly overestimated your football knowledge.  Burrow made things happen behind an atrocious line.  If the Bengals had and even semi-competent defense he would have 2 or 3 more wins. 

Trevor Lawrence is way overrated, IMO.  He makes the throws he's supposed to make and has wheels.  He also plays for a team with dominant talent across the board.  Rarely is it required for him to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  That's exactly what Burrow did this year.  That's exactly what Lawrence will have to do on the Jets, which is one of the historically worst teams in NFL history.  I don't care what they did a while back, but since the Johnsons have taken over that team the Jets have been on the cellar express.  Dumb signings, bad drafts, and stupid coaching hires.  The unholy trifecta for management.  Yeah, all the top HC wannabes are excited about that. 

The only reason a guy would pick the Jets over the Bengals is money.  The Jets will pay.  Mike Brown will not. 

The bottom line is the Brown family is a terrible executive group, but there are plenty of other examples in the NFL including the Lions, Jets and WFT.  All horribly run if not for as long as the Brown family. 

I am not quite sure how you equate 2 wins and the 26th ranked offense as chicken salad.  Yes, Burrow has played well as a rookie but the team is only marginally better than last year’s team on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.  

Like Dalton, Burrow will need the pieces around him to be successful.  Palmer was in the same boat and had a little success but not much. 

Now it is laughable to proclaim Lawrence overrated because his team is so awesome and pretend LSU, which had 17 players drafted this year with 5 in the 1st round, was successful because of Joe B.  Can’t have it both ways.  

Also, Burrow is almost 24 years old. He spent 5 years in college.  Lawrence just turned 21.  Patrick Mahomes just turned 25, he is already in his 4th year.    

Burrow will NOT be the issue going forward. The front office will. No GM, no scouts so you can't attract a good coach and even if you do you can't get him enough good players. 

Arguing Burrow over Lawrence over Hebert is a mugs game. It is the rest of the organization that is the issue and has been the issue. As noted, other teams like the hapless Jets at least will try and rebuild the entire organization whereas the inbreds just stay with what has been working so well. 

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Burrow will NOT be the issue going forward. The front office will. No GM, no scouts so you can't attract a good coach and even if you do you can't get him enough good players. 

Arguing Burrow over Lawrence over Hebert is a mugs game. It is the rest of the organization that is the issue and has been the issue. As noted, other teams like the hapless Jets at least will try and rebuild the entire organization whereas the inbreds just stay with what has been working so well. 

We made the right choice with Burrow. We were not getting Lawrence and Herbert has a better line for sure so his stats are better. 

I am sure Burrow would do great at Kansas City. The problem will always be the front office, Mahomes would struggle here.  

My point is Burrow is not our savior.  That only works in basketball, bowling,  tennis and golf. He is a great piece for sure.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I am not quite sure how you equate 2 wins and the 26th ranked offense as chicken salad.  Yes, Burrow has played well as a rookie but the team is only marginally better than last year’s team on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.  

Like Dalton, Burrow will need the pieces around him to be successful.  Palmer was in the same boat and had a little success but not much. 

Now it is laughable to proclaim Lawrence overrated because his team is so awesome and pretend LSU, which had 17 players drafted this year with 5 in the 1st round, was successful because of Joe B.  Can’t have it both ways.  

Also, Burrow is almost 24 years old. He spent 5 years in college.  Lawrence just turned 21.  Patrick Mahomes just turned 25, he is already in his 4th year.    

I haven't seen Lawrence make one play that makes me go "ooh..."  Burrow did it last year and this year.  I saw Peyton Manning do it live in his first college game.  Thought he had thrown a pick-6, but no...he zipped it by the closing CB and it went for a big gain.  Special.  Palmer had decent tools around him.  Lawrence reminds me of Palmer.  All the tools, but no "it" factor.  The thing that makes guys want to play with and for you.  Burrow has it.  Joe Montana definitely had it.  We'll see about Lawrence, but so far I would say no. 

Who cares how old Burrow is?  He only really played two seasons of college football.  It's not like he has a lot of miles on him.  I would say he has at least 10 years of peak physical performance left in him. 

You are still dancing around the original point of the conversation.  The Bengals have plenty of company when it comes to crappy management in the NFL.  Yes, guys will take the HC job, and especially knowing they have a QB like Burrow. 

54 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Burrow vs. Lawrence vs. Hebert is a fun argument.

The Bengals try to rebuild, but the talent upstairs is seriously lacking.  The Jets ownership is looking a lot like Snyder in Washington.  Making horrible decisions on top.  Doesn't matter who your GM is if your owner wants to sign Leveon Bell to stupid money as opposed to building a team.  Hiring a good coach matters too.  Brian Flores vs. Adam Gase.  Suddenly Miami is good.  The Jets hired Gase.  Yes, Bengals management is the issue, but stop with the "it's the worst in the NFL."  Definitely bottom 1/4, but they always have company.  They can get a decent coach if they want.  Brown needs to open his wallet a bit and stop with the "finding the next offensive genius" BS that gave us Shula and now Taylor.  It worked once with Wyche and now Mikey Boy thinks he can do it over and over.

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

We made the right choice with Burrow. We were not getting Lawrence and Herbert has a better line for sure so his stats are better. 

I am sure Burrow would do great at Kansas City. The problem will always be the front office, Mahomes would struggle here.  

My point is Burrow is not our savior.  That only works in basketball, bowling,  tennis and golf. He is a great piece for sure.  

Totally agree. i think as bad as this front office is, I think they actually believe that Burrow himself will save them which is just bad news for fans and the team itself. If we actually went out and wanted to hire a solid GM and give him a proper scouting staff - we could attract some great people because we already have a QB is place. 

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Herbert has a cannon and throws downfield a lot.  That juices his stats and ratings.  Do you want ball control or showtime?  Marino vs. Montana.  Both are great. 

I wouldn't call Burrow a savior, but he is a big deal.  You can build a really good team, but with no QB you are screwed.  See Cleveland.  Just look at the difference between Burrow and the other schmucks the Bengals have at QB.  With a shitty line and no defense Burrow made the Bengals at least entertaining.  Even had the chance to win a few more than they did.  (thanks defense and fat Randy) Now they are likely the worst team in the league.  Burrow is important.  Very important. 

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I haven't seen Lawrence make one play that makes me go "ooh..."  Burrow did it last year and this year.  I saw Peyton Manning do it live in his first college game.  Thought he had thrown a pick-6, but no...he zipped it by the closing CB and it went for a big gain.  Special.  Palmer had decent tools around him.  Lawrence reminds me of Palmer.  All the tools, but no "it" factor.  The thing that makes guys want to play with and for you.  Burrow has it.  Joe Montana definitely had it.  We'll see about Lawrence, but so far I would say no. 

Who cares how old Burrow is?  He only really played two seasons of college football.  It's not like he has a lot of miles on him.  I would say he has at least 10 years of peak physical performance left in him. 

You are still dancing around the original point of the conversation.  The Bengals have plenty of company when it comes to crappy management in the NFL.  Yes, guys will take the HC job, and especially knowing they have a QB like Burrow. 

I have never denied plenty of bad management exists in the NFL but Detroit and Cincy pretty much lock up the cellar.  Cleveland seems to be turning the corner unfortunately.    The Jags ain’t great but almost won the AFC Championship in 2017. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Burrow vs. Lawrence vs. Hebert is a fun argument.

The Bengals try to rebuild, but the talent upstairs is seriously lacking.  The Jets ownership is looking a lot like Snyder in Washington.  Making horrible decisions on top.  Doesn't matter who your GM is if your owner wants to sign Leveon Bell to stupid money as opposed to building a team.  Hiring a good coach matters too.  Brian Flores vs. Adam Gase.  Suddenly Miami is good.  The Jets hired Gase.  Yes, Bengals management is the issue, but stop with the "it's the worst in the NFL."  Definitely bottom 1/4, but they always have company.  They can get a decent coach if they want.  Brown needs to open his wallet a bit and stop with the "finding the next offensive genius" BS that gave us Shula and now Taylor.  It worked once with Wyche and now Mikey Boy thinks he can do it over and over.

No playoff wins since fucking 1990 = worst in the league. Period. 

Franchise value is last or second last in the league - this is NOT due to being a smaller market, it is because they have the worst management. Period. 

Mike Brown needs to stroke out. Period.

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Totally agree. i think as bad as this front office is, I think they actually believe that Burrow himself will save them which is just bad news for fans and the team itself. If we actually went out and wanted to hire a solid GM and give him a proper scouting staff - we could attract some great people because we already have a QB is place. 

Eh...I don't think the Brown family isn't trying.  They are.  They just are incompetent. 

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No playoff wins since fucking 1990 = worst in the league. Period. 

Franchise value is last or second last in the league - this is NOT due to being a smaller market, it is because they have the worst management. Period. 

Mike Brown needs to stroke out. Period.

The small market is a big deal.  Yes, the long run of Mike Brown plays a big factor as well.  Even if they hired a great GM the Bengals would be bottom of the barrel. 

Archived