Everything Zac Taylor...

34 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The small market is a big deal.  Yes, the long run of Mike Brown plays a big factor as well.  Even if they hired a great GM the Bengals would be bottom of the barrel. 

There are a lot of small market teams with much higher franchise values because they have built a team BRAND of value. Mike Brown is too fucking stupid to understand this concept. 

15 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

There are a lot of small market teams with much higher franchise values because they have built a team BRAND of value. Mike Brown is too fucking stupid to understand this concept. 

He might if his goal was to sell the team to an outsider.  It actually is better if the value is less from an estate tax point of view when he passes away. Don’t want Katie or Mikey in the poor house. 

55 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Why? Special Olympians do try hard. 

I’m no political correctness fan, but relating the disabled to failure is low. 

Actually Special Olympians are over achievers. They get the most from what they have. Love to see the Brown family do that. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I’m no political correctness fan, but relating the disabled to failure is low. 

Actually Special Olympians are over achievers. They get the most from what they have. Love to see the Brown family do that. 

In ever respect the special olympians are over achievers and champions in their own right. 

Difference is the Brown family inbreds SHOULD realize their own limitations but do not. If I am an educated person and in a group of 31 others in some venture and I finish last or near last every year I would look around to see what i am doing wrong and what others are doing better. I would not just 'try hard'. Trying hard means little if the people attempting are understaffed, lacking skills or incompetent. KK and Kitna tried hard to but they were barely fringe NFL players. Trying hard did not make them All Pros. 

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Pittsburgh is no bigger than Cincy

Check the media markets, but yes the Rooney family has done a model job building a winning franchise.  I hate the SOBs, but can't deny their success. 

The Cincinnati media market is 37th in the list I saw.  Pittsburgh 24th.  The other problem with Cincinnati is that it is boxed in by other franchises.  In the case of New Orleans they have a fan base throughout LA, MS, AL, even some in Memphis and AK.  The Bengals have southern Ohio and Kentucky.  Not much there as compared to just about every other market.

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

In ever respect the special olympians are over achievers and champions in their own right. 

Difference is the Brown family inbreds SHOULD realize their own limitations but do not. If I am an educated person and in a group of 31 others in some venture and I finish last or near last every year I would look around to see what i am doing wrong and what others are doing better. I would not just 'try hard'. Trying hard means little if the people attempting are understaffed, lacking skills or incompetent. KK and Kitna tried hard to but they were barely fringe NFL players. Trying hard did not make them All Pros. 

Not arguing here.  One of your posts suggested the Brown family isn't trying.  They are.  We certainly agree they are incompetent. 

33 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Check the media markets, but yes the Rooney family has done a model job building a winning franchise.  I hate the SOBs, but can't deny their success. 

The Cincinnati media market is 37th in the list I saw.  Pittsburgh 24th.  The other problem with Cincinnati is that it is boxed in by other franchises.  In the case of New Orleans they have a fan base throughout LA, MS, AL, even some in Memphis and AK.  The Bengals have southern Ohio and Kentucky.  Not much there as compared to just about every other market.

With only 32 teams in a very rich league, each team has an opportunity to build its own brand within the league and increase the team value (and league value for that matter). The size of the market plays into it but as GB and Pitt has shown - have a winning team and the value of the franchise grows exponentially. 

It is pretty clear to me that the Browns cannot separate 'spending' from 'investing'. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

He might if his goal was to sell the team to an outsider.  It actually is better if the value is less from an estate tax point of view when he passes away. Don’t want Katie or Mikey in the poor house. 

Well, that would then imply he does not want to win because winning increases the franchise value. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

I have never denied plenty of bad management exists in the NFL but Detroit and Cincy pretty much lock up the cellar.  Cleveland seems to be turning the corner unfortunately.    The Jags ain’t great but almost won the AFC Championship in 2017. 

"Cleveland seems to be turning the corner"...

They NOW have whay many consider to have the Best Oline in the league..

Thats the formula on offense..

It's laughable to pretend Cincinnati is a better NFL job than the Jets. A coach who succeeds in a big market will get lots of ego stroking, a big paycheck, and media opportunities after retiring from the grind. That's not true in Cincinnati, even if we didn't have special disadvantages.

If the Chargers job opens up, it will also be a prize due to the big market and talented young QB.

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's laughable to pretend Cincinnati is a better NFL job than the Jets. A coach who succeeds in a big market will get lots of ego stroking, a big paycheck, and media opportunities after retiring from the grind. That's not true in Cincinnati, even if we didn't have special disadvantages.

If the Chargers job opens up, it will also be a prize due to the big market and talented young QB.

Totally agree..

One endorsement in LA or NY would pay more than a years salary as HC here..

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

But you will be Fired faster too if you don’t.

21 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Yep.

We have very good players at the skill positions. 

O line, not so much.

I believe they could be much better with better coaching though.

I'll even go as far to say that the offensive players I mentioned, 3 could be future pro bowlers.

On defense, Bates III is already playing at a pro bowl level.

And I didn't mentioned Brandon Wilson on Special Teams as another possible pro bowler.

The ingredients are there, we just need a decent chef 

No matter who the chef he starts out with the basic ingredients no?

Get a productive QB like JB..

The Oline is the basic ingrediant no matter how to make your recipe..

The front front 7 on defense is the same..

It never changes the consistency of winning teams..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Still going to capitalize on endorsements in the big cities even for a year .

Money money money..Money!

How many endorsements do you think Gase has?  He’s a pariah.   The Jets are little brother in NY anyway.  The Jets job is a pressure cooker with an awful roster. 

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

How many endorsements do you think Gase has?  He’s a pariah.   The Jets are little brother in NY anyway.  The Jets job is a pressure cooker with an awful roster. 

Again, 4 years at $20mil. If you fail you still won. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

No matter who the chef he starts out with the basic ingredients no?

Get a productive QB like JB..

The Oline is the basic ingrediant no matter how to make your recipe..

The front front 7 on defense is the same..

It never changes the consistency of winning teams..

Unfortunately, our chef starts with the ingredients from a basket on “Chopped.”  😎

5 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

But you will be Fired faster too if you don’t.

If you're an NFL coach who's primary concern is not getting fired for poor performance so you sign on a with a team who has a history of not firing incompetent coaches and hence has a long and storied history of losing, you deserve to work for the Brown family.

Only losers plan to lose. Stars shine.

Archived