Everything Zac Taylor...

36 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Just for shits and giggles I went to the Packers home page - they have 20 people in their personnel department, Bengals have 8. 

No chance to compete with the better teams 

Jesus, then go AWAY and become a Packers fan. Your incessant whining and childish jokes are pathetic and beyond tired. The Packers would love to have you on their bandwagon I’m sure, so have at it...for all of our sakes. 

13 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

The top 3 won't be Bengals next year

I actually hope you're right but, I cannot see the Bengals eating $5.2 million in dead cap to walk away from Geno Atkins next year. Don't re-sign AJ = Right Move (and likely to occur). Cut Carlos Dunlap = Right Move (and could possibly occur).

There are a number of moves the Bengals could make next year to crank up their cap space. Releasing Dunlap ($11.25 million savings), Bobby Hart ($5.9 million savings) and Bernard ($4.1 million savings) would clear an additional $21.25 million in cap space with little dead cap but, this ain't Madden and we ain't the Patriots.  

41 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I actually hope you're right but, I cannot see the Bengals eating $5.2 million in dead cap to walk away from Geno Atkins next year. Don't re-sign AJ = Right Move (and likely to occur). Cut Carlos Dunlap = Right Move (and could possibly occur).

There are a number of moves the Bengals could make next year to crank up their cap space. Releasing Dunlap ($11.25 million savings), Bobby Hart ($5.9 million savings) and Bernard ($4.1 million savings) would clear an additional $21.25 million in cap space with little dead cap but, this ain't Madden and we ain't the Patriots.  

Theyll have to sign some others on the last year or lockup longterm..

Jesse Bates..William Jackson come to mind...

And theyre not staying here on the cheap..

55 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not as tired as the Mike Brown show....

Who cares? The fans that have been here in Cincinnati for the last 30+ years or more know full well what the "Mike Brown show" is all about, we have no desire to have it thrown in our faces everyday from some douchebag "fan" that doesn't even live in this country. 

Like I said, I'm sure Packer fans would love to add you to their bandwagon...make the leap why don't ya? 

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Who cares? The fans that have been here in Cincinnati for the last 30+ years or more know full well what the "Mike Brown show" is all about, we have no desire to have it thrown in our faces everyday from some douchebag "fan" that doesn't even live in this country. 

Like I said, I'm sure Packer fans would love to add you to their bandwagon...make the leap why don't ya? 

Whew!....glad thats off your chest now..

I.C.Is discouraged in the team failure..

Hes venting..

Let him get it out like you just did ..

I see no reason to insult a fan outside of the country..

And so it goes on here..

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Whew!....glad thats off your chest now..

I.C.Is discouraged in the team failure..

Hes venting..

Let him get it out like you just did ..

I see no reason to insult a fan outside of the country..

He’s literally been “getting it out” for years...it NEVER ends!

21 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Maybe chill a bit?   What is it with the uber positive folks losing their minds on folks that are fed up with the organization?   Sorry everyone doesn’t think like you.  

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Maybe chill a bit?   What is it with the uber positive folks losing their minds on folks that are fed up with the organization?   Sorry everyone doesn’t think like you.  

You all have been harping on the same shit for years....what has it gotten ya?
Do you honestly believe that someone that has been a fan of this team for 37 years doesn’t fully understand what the situation is? We are ALL fully aware. Why does it have to dwelled upon ad nauseam? I’m not positive about this team as a whole because of ownership, that doesn’t mean I can’t have a positive outlook about each game, on a week by week basis. It does me no good to hold onto shit I have no control of. 

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Do you honestly believe that someone that has been a fan of this team for 37 years doesn’t fully understand what the situation is? We are ALL fully aware. Why does it have to dwelled upon ad nauseam? I’m not positive about this team as a whole because of ownership, that doesn’t mean I can’t have a positive outlook about each game, on a week by week basis. It does me no good to hold onto shit I have no control of. That’s just not what I’m about. 

I can see that..

Maybe week by week is a better method to have some fuckin ray of hope...

Man its hard to be optomistic when 

they let us down every week..

Being a realist sucks!

38 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Do you honestly believe that someone that has been a fan of this team for 37 years doesn’t fully understand what the situation is? We are ALL fully aware. Why does it have to dwelled upon ad nauseam? I’m not positive about this team as a whole because of ownership, that doesn’t mean I can’t have a positive outlook about each game, on a week by week basis. It does me no good to hold onto shit I have no control of. That’s just not what I’m about. 

Good for you.  

Some of us prefer to express our frustration.  

Frankly, I find boundless optimism about the Bengals to be foolish and silly, but I choose not to rain on your parade. 

You do you.  The rest of us will do the same.  Try dealing with it like a grown up. 

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Frankly, I find boundless optimism about the Bengals to be foolish and silly, but I choose not to rain on your parade. 

Yeah I'm just chock full of "boundless optimism" lol. 

Gimme a break. 

32 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah I'm just chock full of "boundless optimism" lol. 

Gimme a break. 

You do come accross as an optomist for a shit team than most but i admire your style for dealing with it..

I also like realists posts and if they see for what it is an express it thats ok too.

We're all Bengal fans...bottem line.

4 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Bernard ($4.1 million savings) 

Why is he not earning his salary?

Good guy & solid citizen.  Has the game past him?

We need a second back, two back sets, get him out there and earn his cash.

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

A fan is a fan, doesn't matter where you live.

13 hours ago, Spotto said:

Why is he not earning his salary?

Good guy & solid citizen.  Has the game past him?

We need a second back, two back sets, get him out there and earn his cash.

That's clearly not going to happen. The Bengals (and almost no NFL teams) use two back sets. RB is already a very undervalued position as far as where teams spend their money. Almost $5 million on your 3rd down back is not a good investment.

Is Gio a good fella? Sure. Team captain? Yup. Solid pass blocker? Uh huh. Worth $5 million per year when you have so many other needs? Nope.

That has been the Bengals folly for years. Faithful to good guys and players who have stuck around.

I like Gio. I really do. His $5 million is just better spent elsewhere (especially when they're already paying Mixon $10 million). He can be replaced in the middle of the draft or, by a player already on the team.

Don't worry though, it's not going to happen. The Bengals don't make moves like that. He'll be back next year, likely with both Carlos and Geno.

43 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

That's clearly not going to happen. The Bengals (and almost no NFL teams) use two back sets. RB is already a very undervalued position as far as where teams spend their money. Almost $5 million on your 3rd down back is not a good investment.

Is Gio a good fella? Sure. Team captain? Yup. Solid pass blocker? Uh huh. Worth $5 million per year when you have so many other needs? Nope.

That has been the Bengals folly for years. Faithful to good guys and players who have stuck around.

I like Gio. I really do. His $5 million is just better spent elsewhere (especially when they're already paying Mixon $10 million). He can be replaced in the middle of the draft or, by a player already on the team.

Don't worry though, it's not going to happen. The Bengals don't make moves like that. He'll be back next year, likely with both Carlos and Geno.

Yeah I  dont see paying a back 5mil for 4 or 5 carries a game..

Hell Treyveon Williams is allmost a clone of Gio with better blocking abilities..on rookie contract too.

Dunlap Green Shaun Williams and Gio will go freeing up cap money

Like a poster said..Geno's release would leave over 5mil dead money so he'll be back..

Truthfully i want Geno back to team with Reader...

We are thin there..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Yeah I  dont see paying a back 5mil for 4 or 5 carries a game..

Of course, we COULD give him more carries.  Has he actually shown that he can’t do it?  Seems like he does okay on what fee carries he gets (Should be receiving the ball more).

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

Of course, we COULD give him more carries.  Has he actually shown that he can’t do it?  Seems like he does okay on what fee carries he gets (Should be receiving the ball more).

I would use him more but the Bengals want it in the hands of Mixon and I cant fault that...

Gio will be gone after this srason and Treyveon Williams should take his role..hes a better blocker too..

Archived