Bengals -3 vs. Jaguars

portswire via Getty Images

The Cincinnati Bengals have placed Mike Daniels on injured reserve and signed Alex Redmond from the practice squad, the team announced Saturday. The team has also elevated Freedom Akinmoladun and Torry McTyer from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

Redmond, a fourth-year player out of UCLA, was originally a college free agent signee of the Bengals in 2016. He has played in 23 career games for Cincinnati with 17 starts.

Daniels suffered an elbow injury in practice on Oct. 1. He had played in two games (both starts) so far this season and recorded two tackles. He now must stay on IR for at least three weeks before being eligible for an IR-return designation. 

Akinmoladun joined the Bengals’ practice squad in November of 2019, then was promoted to the active roster in December and saw brief action in two of the team’s final three games. He totaled two snaps on defense and four on special teams (no statistics). He was waived during final roster cuts this year and signed to the practice squad. 

McTyer was signed off the Chiefs’ practice squad in September of 2019, then went on to play in five games for the Bengals (two tackles). He was waived during final cuts this year, then was re-signed before being waived again a week later and has been on the practice squad since then.

Cincinnati’s roster now stands at 55 players. Both Akinmoladun and McTyer will automatically revert to the practice squad on Monday.

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Jags win.  Not because they're any more talented, but I think they want it more.

A rare disagreement with your opinion.  I am thinking toss-up at this point (7:45 Sunday AM)

if the Jags win I do not think they want it more.

Joe at home in front of albeit a few fans, including his parents, I'm sure.

Zac has something to prove.  FTR, I still like the guy and want to see him succeed big time.

Still... Sour Apples Harry expects our Bengals have to contend with our usual animal control.

Being bitten by a whole pit full of vipers and buzzard luck.

Temperature for the game low 60's/upper 50's and rain.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Mixon is barely averaging 3 yards a carry, he isn’t shaking off anyone this year. 

3ypc behind this line is actually impressive.  I would've guessed lower.  

Point being, he is a much more powerful runner than Gio, who has always been the dodgier type.  Unfortunately I think he has also lost a step at this point.  IDK the last time I saw him breaking any ankles.

FWIW still a big fan of 25, I think he could've been a big part of this offense in some lean years but was more often asked to protect our QB (at which he excelled, truly underrated blocker).  I can remember a single play where Gio was on the field with another RB & got the ball.  The best our OC's could come up with was trading each offensive series, like some kind of PeeWee "everybody plays" gameplan.  That's great for little kids learning the game but in the NFL? 

What ever happened to our I formation, "Red 32" & who cares what the defense is showing because y'all don't wanna tackle Rudi anyway?  I don't know if that's because Carson got kneecapped but outside of a couple years with Burfict this team has come off as pudding soft.

43 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Ditto...Joe Burrow has made the Bengals worth watching again. Draft position be damned, I'm hoping for a win today.

It keeps me tuning in for now, but it's infuriating watching him get hit like a pinata.   Try to save that for things I can do something about, it's not fun or entertaining at that point. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

It keeps me tuning in for now, but it's infuriating watching him get hit like a pinata.   Try to save that for things I can do something about, it's not fun or entertaining at that point. 

It's not ideal but honestly it's the same thing he went through at LSU last year and it's also the same thing that happens to pretty much any number one overall pick QB that gets thrown out there during his rookie year. Peyton Manning took an absolute beating his rookie year and only won 3 games. Unfortunately this is pretty much life in the big city for high round QB's. He'll grow as the season progresses and come back better for it next year. 

40 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Notable inactives:

John Ross

Mackensie Alexander

Logan Wilson

Geno Atkins

Another healthy scratch for Ross, eh? Guess they are content with letting him sit until someone gets dinged up. I can dig it.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

No question, it's so painful to watch the future of Bengals football get slammed around, expecting on any given sack he doesn't get up and all hope goes up in smoke.  But there's hope now with Redmond getting the start😁

27 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

No question, it's so painful to watch the future of Bengals football get slammed around, expecting on any given sack he doesn't get up and all hope goes up in smoke.  But there's hope now with Redmond getting the start😁

Dude he got his bell rung and came up checking his legs like..  "Here we fuckin go again" yknow?  

Why we arent either strictly shotgun, split back max protection kinda shit or like.. goal line, 2 TE looks.  Can't keep pretending with this OL & leaving Hart on an island.

I mean, IDK what's really in Turner's twisted mind, but they sure act like Hart is phenomenal.

Winning at this point to me is secondary.  Protect the QB & the wins will come.

Archived