Bengals -3 vs. Jaguars

On 10/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, UncleEarl said:

The NFL can't win.  People say "I don't want to hear politics, just play football," so the NFL takes the focus off the national anthem where you would see how some players kneel, some teams stay in the locker room, etc.  Now they get complaints that they don't care about the National Anthem.  They are trying to run a business and keep everyone as happy as possible.  How about giving them a break.  Frankly, it's a situation at this point where someone is always going to be unhappy as it relates to the anthem.  I have my opinions about the anthem, but I understand that the NFL is trying to put the emphasis on the game. 

That is BS and you know it!  They don’t give a crap about this country!  Have you ever served?  Well, I have and those things mean everything to me unlike you!  Give Millionaires a break playing a game? 😂  No, you give me a break!  They would not be making millions playing a game without the National Anthem and Our Flag and that is the bottom line!  These sports would not be here without those things, so get off your liberal high horse and understand what reality is!   Like I said, I didn’t want to make this political, but it seems You do! 

7 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

That is BS and you know it!  They don’t give a crap about this country!  Have you ever served?  Well, I have and those things mean everything to me unlike you!  Give Millionaires a break playing a game? 😂  No, you give me a break!  They would not be making millions playing a game without the National Anthem and Our Flag and that is the bottom line!  These sports would not be here without those things, so get off your liberal high horse and understand what reality is!   Like I said, I didn’t want to make this political, but it seems You do! 

You may need to take a tranquilizer or three.  You don't even know my personal opinion about the anthem.  You just jump to conclusions.  What I am saying is the NFL is in a no win situation at this point.  That is all.

But...since YOU went there...I appreciate your service.  BUT...what you served for was FREEDOM.  Sometimes freedom includes people doing things you don't like.  Not to mention...the National Anthem nor Flag has ever won a war.  People that fought for our country won those wars and preserved the country.  Your anger is truly misplaced.  People like you are what is important, not songs or pieces of cloth. 

9 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Well just WOW!!...

First off thank you for serving this country..you did goid..

Next Im thinking you missed his main point in that you csnt please anyone nowadays..Hell damn near anyone!

Lighten up a bit...

6 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I served.

I don’t agree with anything you just said.

10 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

What's sad is that some people have been successful painting the playing of our national anthem as a political statement. It's never been like that before and it's not like that in other countries. It's still OK to play Oh Canada for hockey games and God Save the Queen for events played in Great Britain, but no, here in America they've taken this away from us.

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

You may need to take a tranquilizer or three.  You don't even know my personal opinion about the anthem.  You just jump to conclusions.  What I am saying is the NFL is in a no win situation at this point.  That is all.

But...since YOU went there...I appreciate your service.  BUT...what you served for was FREEDOM.  Sometimes freedom includes people doing things you don't like.  Not to mention...the National Anthem nor Flag has ever won a war.  People that fought for our country won those wars and preserved the country.  Your anger is truly misplaced.  People like you are what is important, not songs or pieces of cloth. 

The idea with the flag is that it represents the freedom that we all enjoy. Everyone at the stadium was free to buy a ticket and attend.  It honors the country where the event takes place. They need not play it in Mexico or Canada. This is America. It's a sad day where we can't honor our flag before events in this country

57 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

The idea with the flag is that it represents the freedom that we all enjoy. Everyone at the stadium was free to buy a ticket and attend.  It honors the country where the event takes place. They need not play it in Mexico or Canada. This is America. It's a sad day where we can't honor our flag before events in this country

Again, part of that freedom the flag and anthem represent is that people can do things you don't like.  If the NFL shows the anthem on TV you will see people kneeling or entire teams not coming on the field.  You won't like that either.  I'm sure "The Liberals" are angry that they aren't seeing players kneel, etc.  So, no matter what the NFL does people wont like it.  They are trying to avoid controversy and show the game. 

16 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I agree that's exactly why the NFL isn't doing the national anthem anymore and I'm saying that's a shame. It shouldn't have come to this

They are playing the anthem at games.  They aren't showing it on TV from what I've been told.  Some of that is on the networks as well. 

It is a shame, but these things happen when society is going through a change.

54 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

They are playing the anthem at games.  They aren't showing it on TV from what I've been told.  Some of that is on the networks as well. 

It is a shame, but these things happen when society is going through a change.

In all my years of attending, the National Anthem came a good 5 minutes before the TV came on at 1pm. It was done, and everyone was on the field (coin tosses, etc). "Official kickoff" was around 1:05pm. Whether teams were on the field at the anthem or not, was not seen by the TV viewing populace. 

I love and honor my Country, respect the flag, and always stand for the anthem. But, even before it was fashionable not to do so, any number of people in the stands were either still sitting, wandering around, or at the concession stands. Personally, I do not care if teams stay in the locker room (it is what they used to do anyway long ago). 

At the game Sunday they had a video of the same five old guys singing the National Anthem a cappella  on the river outside the stadium somewhere played it on the Jumbotron.  They have done it several times probably second only to the Cincinnati Fireman. (the blind girl with the beautiful voice is that absolute best.  Joe Mixon has run on to the field after her renditions twice to accompany congratulate her and walk with her back to the sidelines. Class Act, Mr Mixon).

I thought it was pretty lame, the presentation, NOT our National Anthem.

Go video some of the local high school or college bands if you're going that route.

Bengals stood on their sideline.

Jaguars stayed in the tunnel.

Not sure what will happen in future weeks since they are permitting fans.

However, I humbly would ask this thread be locked or moved to Dungeons and Dragons or whatever.

The game was over a few days ago.

And I am so fucking sick of fucking politics.

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Joe Burrow trails only Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers in passing grades up to 19 yrds...

He's 1 for 22 over 20....

Need we say its a Huge problem...

I suspect that if the Oline can improve on their performance from this week that will begin to change.

Archived