Sewer Brewer: Week 4

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Do you have ANY football takes?  Or are you the angry dullard that goes online just to shit on people and leave? 

We win a game and this guy wants to find someone to bitch about, and you want to talk about me?  OK!!  😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

We win a game and this guy wants to find someone to bitch about, and you want to talk about me?  OK!!  😂😂😂

All you do is bitch!  Try talking about football for a change.

The Sewer Brewer is an import from a lost civilization.  Gotta give one win or lose.  It's often funny as hell, unlike your act of telling people they suck.

Troll city.  Guess I took the bait.  Stupid of me.

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Do you have ANY football takes?  Or are you the angry dullard that goes online just to shit on people and leave? 

There was a time when this forum was chock full of posters who offered good analysis and pithy commentary. Kennethmw is one of those guys. The problem is that a bunch of you cry-baby doomsayers took over this board and now it's mostly full of whiners. And, btw, it is pretty shitty to accuse a person of being a dullard in a thread devoted to awarding "loser certificates" to players before the game has even started. It may be that engaging with poser fans is not worth the effort. Misery loves company and all that but not everyone here is devoted to the misery, clinging to little turds in their diapers, hoping that the team will fail.

4 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

There was a time when this forum was chock full of posters who offered good analysis and pithy commentary. Kennethmw is one of those guys. The problem is that a bunch of you cry-baby doomsayers took over this board and now it's mostly full of whiners. And, btw, it is pretty shitty to accuse a person of being a dullard in a thread devoted to the awarding "loser certificates" to players before the game has even started. It may be that engaging with poser fans is not worth the effort. Misery loves company and all that but not everyone here is devoted to the misery, clinging to little turds in their diapers, hoping that the team will fail.

Love to see good analysis and pithy commentary from Kennethmw, but all I ever see is him make personal comments. 

I guess you don't get the irony of me calling him a dullard.  Sorry about that. 

Man, I'm all in favor of you and every other fan expressing yourself how you wish.  You should try it instead of shitting on people who would consider themselves more realists than optomistic fan boys/girls.  (again a probably lame attempt at irony referring to you as a fan boy.)  I generally try to avoid that stuff, but I can throw rocks and stones as well as you can.

If you don't like "misery" then why do you even read the Sewer Brewer thread?  It pretty much announces what it is.  Try changing the channel once in a while if you don't like what is on. 

8 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

There was a time when this forum was chock full of posters who offered good analysis and pithy commentary. Kennethmw is one of those guys. The problem is that a bunch of you cry-baby doomsayers took over this board and now it's mostly full of whiners. And, btw, it is pretty shitty to accuse a person of being a dullard in a thread devoted to awarding "loser certificates" to players before the game has even started. It may be that engaging with poser fans is not worth the effort. Misery loves company and all that but not everyone here is devoted to the misery, clinging to little turds in their diapers, hoping that the team will fail.

Thank you, sir!  I remember the good days of this board, before we got all these Extras!  You also reminded me that I can go somewhere that has intelligent conversation.  

6 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Thank you, sir!  I remember the good days of this board, before we got all these Extras!  You also reminded me that I can go somewhere that has intelligent conversation.  

This is such a "get off my lawn" post.

As long time bengal fans know, there are a lot, and i mean a lot, of wtf moments over the years. But then there are those plays/players that somehow manage to go over and beyond into the realm Tibor has deemed the Sewer Brewer. This award is a way to try encapsulate what it's been like to endure being a fan of this team. Some may say "just don't watch" or "pick another team" ... oh i believe many of us have contemplated and even considered it but it's too late for that. We are fans until the end. I hear some people say they have a 2nd team they root for. 2nd team? There is no 2nd team. So for me, i have learned to poke fun and laugh at some of the head scratching moments. This award gives us a way to point out and actually enjoy it together ... even making predictions as to what may happen this week is fun. Let people express themselves however they want. As long time bengal fans, we all have earned it haven't we?

4 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

This is such a "get off my lawn" post.

As long time bengal fans know, there are a lot, and i mean a lot, of wtf moments over the years. But then there are those plays/players that somehow manage to go over and beyond into the realm Tibor has deemed the Sewer Brewer. This award is a way to try encapsulate what it's been like to endure being a fan of this team. Some may say "just don't watch" or "pick another team" ... oh i believe many of us have contemplated and even considered it but it's too late for that. We are fans until the end. I hear some people say they have a 2nd team they root for. 2nd team? There is no 2nd team. So for me, i have learned to poke fun and laugh at some of the head scratching moments. This award gives us a way to point out and actually enjoy it together ... even making predictions as to what may happen this week is fun. Let people express themselves however they want. As long time bengal fans, we all have earned it haven't we?

Outstanding..

We love them and we can poke at them at the same time..

And my pick is Carlos...

He misses too many tackles around his side..

Seems his ability as a pash rusher is declining too..

He wasnt bad today but not good either..

Forget Drew Sample TD...it was a freaky ass play..

His pass blocking was good today..helped Bobby alot ...

Yeah, the Sewer Brewer is not for everybody and it would have died out long ago if A) everybody hated it or B) the team stopped being the Bengals.  This franchise has given us enough heartburn and misery over the years - if seeing a bonehead play makes you at least think "hey, that might get him the Brewer" and give you a slight chuckle, it's worth it, right?

On 10/4/2020 at 10:21 PM, tibor75 said:

Yeah, the Sewer Brewer is not for everybody and it would have died out long ago if A) everybody hated it or B) the team stopped being the Bengals.  This franchise has given us enough heartburn and misery over the years - if seeing a bonehead play makes you at least think "hey, that might get him the Brewer" and give you a slight chuckle, it's worth it, right?

Marco Battaglia objects to this thread.

Archived