Sewer Brewer: Week 4

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I would say the refs, they were inconsistent and subjective in their calls

Zac agrees.  Me, too, for what that's worth

The Cincinnati Bengals sound like a team that would like to see a little more protection by officials for quarterback Joe Burrow.

Cincinnati’s win over Jacksonville in Week 4 featured a familiar sight — Burrow getting shoved around seemingly late after plays and taking some questionable hits in the process.

Asked about the lack of late-hit calls, Zac Taylor said the following, according to ESPN’s Ben Baby: “We’re trying to see what we can do there. That’s a good question.”

Baby notes Taylor was smirking during the exchange, for what it’s worth.

But it’s a pretty fair thing for the Bengals to raise an eyebrow over — all officiating isn’t equal and the calls someone like Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes are getting right now don’t appear to be happening for Burrow.

In Week 3, Burrow went viral for a wicked, flagged hit by Philadelphia defender Malik Jackson — and it turns out Jackson wasn’t even fined for the hit.

Granted, the Bengals can do a better job of protecting Burrow up front and the rookie himself can get rid of the ball instead of absorbing punishment at times. But the team isn’t out of its right to ask the league about better protecting their guy.

I would take it a step beyond the late hits on Joe.

In another thread I cited that on Joe Mixon's hurdle touchdown he took a helmet to helmet shot in the end zone that was ignored.  Well, he ignored it, too, but still.

Boyd had the wind knocked out of him and was down for awhile on a hit that would have been called if it was on a Patriot, Chief or Steeler.

I think Zac ain't getting no respect from the refs.  However, thank God in Heaven he isn't standing there with a clueless stare clapping his hands.

14 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Zac agrees.  Me, too, for what that's worth

The Cincinnati Bengals sound like a team that would like to see a little more protection by officials for quarterback Joe Burrow.

Cincinnati’s win over Jacksonville in Week 4 featured a familiar sight — Burrow getting shoved around seemingly late after plays and taking some questionable hits in the process.

Asked about the lack of late-hit calls, Zac Taylor said the following, according to ESPN’s Ben Baby: “We’re trying to see what we can do there. That’s a good question.”

Baby notes Taylor was smirking during the exchange, for what it’s worth.

But it’s a pretty fair thing for the Bengals to raise an eyebrow over — all officiating isn’t equal and the calls someone like Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes are getting right now don’t appear to be happening for Burrow.

In Week 3, Burrow went viral for a wicked, flagged hit by Philadelphia defender Malik Jackson — and it turns out Jackson wasn’t even fined for the hit.

Granted, the Bengals can do a better job of protecting Burrow up front and the rookie himself can get rid of the ball instead of absorbing punishment at times. But the team isn’t out of its right to ask the league about better protecting their guy.

I would take it a step beyond the late hits on Joe.

In another thread I cited that on Joe Mixon's hurdle touchdown he took a helmet to helmet shot in the end zone that was ignored.  Well, he ignored it, too, but still.

Boyd had the wind knocked out of him and was down for awhile on a hit that would have been called if it was on a Patriot, Chief or Steeler.

I think Zac ain't getting no respect from the refs.  However, thank God in Heaven he isn't standing there with a clueless stare clapping his hands.

It's getting out of hand, Burrow consistently gets hit after the throw, gets hit in the head and neck, etc...

The Bengals have never been the recipients of favorable calls, but this is ridiculous. 

Drew Sample has to get this week's award. He had more than one pass go through his hands because he didn't "close them". Makes one wonder if he has an eye to hand coordination problem which is not a good thing to have for a TE. I'd like to see more of Cethan Carter

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Drew Sample has to get this week's award. He had more than one pass go through his hands because he didn't "close them". Makes one wonder if he has an eye to hand coordination problem which is not a good thing to have for a TE. I'd like to see more of Cethan Carter

Sample - score another win for the crack scouting staff, or is it scouting staff on crack?

On 10/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, kennethmw said:

Thank you, sir!  I remember the good days of this board, before we got all these Extras!  You also reminded me that I can go somewhere that has intelligent conversation.  

If you find one let me know. I am here from CJ to look for the intelligent and thoughtful conversations we used to have there a few years ago. But the better posters simply got tired of the negativity and sour crying/complaining and drifted off the board. It is now a mere shadow of what it once was and the new posting system they installed there is practically intolerable. I knew of the Sewer Brewer in the old forum. Wasn't a big fan then or now but it serves a purpose when it doesn't lead to classless and clueless rhetoric.  I am still hopeful this is a place where real Bengals discussion can happen between solid guys. But I fear it is symptomatic of a societal and cultural paradigm change. If I can't find that here I will continue my search. So far, until this thread. I find this site to be pretty decent and potentially my new Bengals "home". I hope so. We will see.

1 hour ago, JungleJohn said:

If you find one let me know. I am here from CJ to look for the intelligent and thoughtful conversations we used to have there a few years ago. But the better posters simply got tired of the negativity and sour crying/complaining and drifted off the board. It is now a mere shadow of what it once was and the new posting system they installed there is practically intolerable. I knew of the Sewer Brewer in the old forum. Wasn't a big fan then or now but it serves a purpose when it doesn't lead to classless and clueless rhetoric.  I am still hopeful this is a place where real Bengals discussion can happen between solid guys. But I fear it is symptomatic of a societal and cultural paradigm change. If I can't find that here I will continue my search. So far, until this thread. I find this site to be pretty decent and potentially my new Bengals "home". I hope so. We will see.

Welcome.

3 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Welcome aboard..

There are deep views of the team..

Your input just makes it better...

20 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Welcome Welcome Welcome

I'm still catching on to some of the in jokes and I've been here for awhile.

Just ignore, laugh and go on.  You know, don't feed the animals.

Archived