2021 WR Room

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We’ve referenced a few different NextGen Stats when trying to really track the issues you’re seeing with A.J. Green not being able to show the same explosiveness as earlier points in his career. The most notable was a significant decrease in his top overall speed from 2018 to this season.

So much of this comes back to separation, though. Or the lack of it.

NextGen also tracks separation at both the time of the throw and time of catch.

There are 42 receivers with at least 25 targets so far this season.

Green ranks last in both separation categories among those 42.

Separation at time of throw

• Green, Cincinnati: 2.36
• Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Green Bay: 2.43
• Darius Slayton, New York Giants: 2.49
• Allen Robinson, Chicago: 2.58
• DeVante Parker, Miami: 2.60

Separation at time of catch

• Green, Cincinnati: 1.29
• Darius Slayton, NYG: 2.38
• Stefon Diggs, Buffalo: 1.58
• D.J. Moore, Carolina: 1.81
• DeVante Parker, Miami: 1.81

Those numbers are alarming enough when you consider the lack of separation from Green. Then take into consideration the regression in those statistics since NextGen started tracking back in the 2016 season. Green has steadily been forced to make more and more difficult receptions as he continues to struggle to get away from defenders.

Interestingly enough, there are some decent names on this list.  MVS, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Diggs, DJ Moore.  

On 10/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, claptonrocks said:

Sample does not look mediocre ..

He looks average after the first quarter of games..

Hes improving slowly game after game imo...

They will need a backup to him.

Do you have an opinion Uzamah back next year?

Sorry, but I will have to see vast improvement out of Sample before I can agree with that statement. At this point he's just a run of the mill blocking TE who hasn't lived up to his drafting choice. So, there's hope, but aside from that, that's all we've been left with....hope. I still believe this was a piss poor selection at that very valuable and important point in the draft.

1 hour ago, bengaled said:

Sorry, but I will have to see vast improvement out of Sample before I can agree with that statement. At this point he's just a run of the mill blocking TE who hasn't lived up to his drafting choice. So, there's hope, but aside from that, that's all we've been left with....hope. I still believe this was a piss poor selection at that very valuable and important point in the draft.

Cant argue your point..

I do see improvement in him though..

His blocking gets better...

Hoping hes a Heath Miller receiver too..

Yeah I know lol...gotta have faith

54 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Cant argue your point..

I do see improvement in him though..

His blocking gets better...

Hoping hes a Heath Miller receiver too..

Yeah I know lol...gotta have faith

George Kittle 5th rounder, 43 catches 515 yards rookie year.  Kelce was a 3rd rounder. Sample was picked WAY too early. 

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

George Kittle 5th rounder, 43 catches 515 yards rookie year.  Kelce was a 3rd rounder. Sample was picked WAY too early. 

Exactly, you not only have to scout players but understand what other teams think of the players so you can pick the guy up later if possible. Just typical of this team. 

Archived