12,000 Spectators for remaining home games

Dear High School Harry,

Thank you for your incredible participation and compliance with the new COVID-19 protocols on gameday! Your support has proved to the state that Who Dey Nation is dedicated to protecting themselves, and protecting our Jungle. 

We are thrilled to announce we have been approved to host 12,000 spectators at Paul Brown Stadium for all remaining home games this season, including the upcoming game against the Cleveland Browns on October 25th! 

Your existing seats for our game against the Cleveland Browns are valid and will remain on your account. We will be in touch soon with the opportunity to purchase additional tickets to our game against Cleveland. Details will come next week about our remaining five home games, which will be available as a five game package.

Thank you again for a great gameday. Keep up the amazing work so we can continue cheering on our Cincinnati Bengals together!

WHO DEY!

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Cool

It is.

Since I/we went to Jags and are going to Cleveland and will go to the remaining games

it means we only missed the Chargers and two preseason games I would just as soon have 

skipped to begin with but am now getting a refund for those tix.

Still get to see the Browns, Ravens and Squeelers.

37 minutes ago, Griever said:

Wow impressive...and tempting

I can tell you from being there on Sunday that it was as safe as I have felt anywhere in public since Covid started. A lot safer than going to a grocery store or for sure a restaurant. The seats were spaced out tremendously, everyone wore masks (and if you let it slip there was plenty of stadium personnel to provide gentle reminders) - I was impressed. From a Covid-safety standpoint, no worries. 

19 minutes ago, membengal said:

I can tell you from being there on Sunday that it was as safe as I have felt anywhere in public since Covid started. A lot safer than going to a grocery store or for sure a restaurant. The seats were spaced out tremendously, everyone wore masks (and if you let it slip there was plenty of stadium personnel to provide gentle reminders) - I was impressed. From a Covid-safety standpoint, no worries. 

Word, good to hear. I think the 8hr drive will be more a deterrent for me lol.

Text of the “allowance” letter from the State Department of Health to the Browns (who also were granted the variance). Same letter was sent to the Bengals:

Mr. Jenkins,

I have reviewed the Cleveland Browns’ new request dated September 29 for a variance regarding the maximum number of spectators allowed in outdoor sports venues under my “Director’s Order that Provides Mandatory Requirements for Youth, Collegiate, Amateur, Club and Professional Sports” signed on August 19.

I concur with the Cleveland Department of Public Health in approving this variance request for additional spectators at the Browns’ remaining home games in FirstEnergy Stadium. This approval is based upon these key expectations:

• Up to 12,000 total spectators per game.
  • Additional seating sections and concourse walkways will be opened to accommodate more spectators while ensuring that six-foot social distancing protocols are maintained. 
  • Spectators will be directed to enter the stadium using the designated entrance that is closest to their assigned seat.
  • Spectators will be grouped in “pods” of predominantly 2-4 people with no grouping larger than 6 individuals who are all members of the same party/group.
  • Will follow the same operating standards and plans outlined in the original Cleveland Browns’ Responsible Restart Plan.
  • Will coordinate/cooperate with Cleveland Department of Public Health to allow its representative(s) to be onsite during each game to assess compliance, how the team’s spectator plan worked and whether any modifications are needed.

Archived