Bengals +13 at Baltimore

On 10/7/2020 at 1:10 AM, claptonrocks said:

Theyre favored by this margin (13) for One reason....Lemar Jackson..

Contain him and they could win..

I agree, but that's a tall order, as Jackson's an unstoppable force at times. Lou Ana's gonna have to draw up a great gameplan.

For me this is a learning/16 game pre-season. Play hard. Learn. Get experience. Win as much as you can and make teams work hard for the win. Beat Baltimore? Not impossible but not likely. This is all about fine tuning the roster and learning what pieces we need to add in the next off season and getting them. IMO RT and RT along with a DT and another tall fast WR are the prime candidates. Next year I expect us to be real contenders. Yea, I know we always say wait til next year  but I am in my 70's and have been a NFL and Bengals fan for 60 of those years except for the Vietnam multiple tours in the late 60" and I cannot a remember a time when next season seems so promising as now. I loved Kenny but I think we are looking at the best QB in Bengals history start his career and QB is the key. The better the QB - the better the team if the team builds around him. To me Burrow is the second coming of Joe Montana. We will be SB bound and I hope I survive to see it.  

1 minute ago, JungleJohn said:

For me this is a learning/16 game pre-season. Play hard. Learn. Get experience. Win as much as you can and make teams work hard for the win. Beat Baltimore? Not impossible but not likely. This is all about fine tuning the roster and learning what pieces we need to add in the next off season and getting them. IMO RT and RT along with a DT and another tall fast WR are the prime candidates. Next year I expect us to be real contenders. Yea, I know we always say wait til next year  but I am in my 70's and have been a NFL and Bengals fan for 60 of those years except for the Vietnam multiple tours in the late 60" and I cannot a remember a time when next season seems so promising as now. I loved Kenny but I think we are looking at the best QB in Bengals history start his career and QB is the key. The better the QB - the better the team if the team builds around him. To me Burrow is the second coming of Joe Montana. We will be SB bound and I hope I survive to see it.  

Oops! Meant RT and RG as next years needs. My bad.

Their defense looks abit suspect right. now....

I think we score more than experts think..

Contain Lemar ..8 in the box ...

Is Lemars knee ok?? 

I could see Bell spying...

Andrews has to be watched as well..hes their bailout or 3rd down

receiver...

Humphrey whos having a good year will be on Boyd .

Boyd still gets open!!

Peters is banged up some so Higgins may be a huge weapon..

Their Dline is suspect now aside from Caliese Campbell ...

Home teams are 31-31-2 this year

No advantage there..

I believe theyll cover and possible upset..

With JB anything is possible now!!

20 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I won't hold my breath on that one. I wonder if they would consider using Davis-Gaither as a Lamar shadow?

Thats who I was thinking...but I would also consider having one DT “kinda” shadow as well. 

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

He’s really being a baby. He’s not starting, he’s not benched. 

I dont know it sounds like they did a shitty job of communicating to him what his role would be.

You cant do that to one of the leaders of your defense.

Eh. He needs to suck it up. He sucked for the first eight games last year before turning it on and he was doing the same thing again this year. He will play plenty. And if he wants to go ahead and be productive when he plays, that would be a nice change from the first four outings this year.

27 minutes ago, membengal said:

Eh. He needs to suck it up. He sucked for the first eight games last year before turning it on and he was doing the same thing again this year. He will play plenty. And if he wants to go ahead and be productive when he plays, that would be a nice change from the first four outings this year.

Lawson and Hubbard then..

Hubbard played on the left side at OSU 

He could plat better there..

Carl Lawson has earned a starting spot for now..

I have no problem with Dunlap sitting..very ineffective..

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

If the new regime wants to show it is in charge Carlos may need a suspension.  

He has been a good player over the years, but hasn’t shown much this season.  New team, new standards.  No resting on your laurels.  Get to work Employee96. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont know it sounds like they did a shitty job of communicating to him what his role would be.

He was a leader of Marvin Lewis’ defenses, not Zac Taylors. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I disagree.  If he's a leader he should be stepping up to say he has to play better and confirm (like most others do) that no job is guaranteed and performance is the only thing that matters.  Run D isn't getting it done, time to step up and say you have to do better, not whine that you're getting called out.  The guy is the third-highest paid guy on the team ffs, does anyone think he's playing up to that this year?  Hell, what if they're just keeping him fresh for passing downs?  As far as I'm concerned that's not a bad idea.  You can argue that he "obviously didn't know that" but all *we* know is he's whining that he "apparently isn't making enough tackles in the run game".  That's *true*!  Look at it as a challenge, look at is a chance to destroy the other team's passing game, but don't cry like you're a prima donna, AT LEAST not in public.

38 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I disagree.  If he's a leader he should be stepping up to say he has to play better and confirm (like most others do) that no job is guaranteed and performance is the only thing that matters.  Run D isn't getting it done, time to step up and say you have to do better, not whine that you're getting called out.  The guy is the third-highest paid guy on the team ffs, does anyone think he's playing up to that this year?  Hell, what if they're just keeping him fresh for passing downs?  As far as I'm concerned that's not a bad idea.  You can argue that he "obviously didn't know that" but all *we* know is he's whining that he "apparently isn't making enough tackles in the run game".  That's *true*!  Look at it as a challenge, look at is a chance to destroy the other team's passing game, but don't cry like you're a prima donna, AT LEAST not in public.

Dunlap play has faded drastically..

I wouldnt start him either..

Leader?? Whatever.

This defense is loaded with potential leaders now..

Archived