Bengals +13 at Baltimore

30 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I dunno man...he has to prove it.  To date he hasn’t done much. 

He put up very good numbers last year with limited time on the field..

40 catches ..14.4 ave...

Thought hed be in the running for a starter spot if Gteen looked old..

Well Green looks old..slow..

Tate is bigger faster and blocks better..

Bring in the youngster now..

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

As Jason said, they do also put their best on him.  Hell, Casey Heyward got Defensive Player of the Week or whatever for "shutting down" old-man rust-bucket AJ.  

I don't think he's entirely worn out.  To me it looks like a lack of effort.

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You underestimate Tate...

Agreed.....Auden was an absolute steal in the 7th round for Cincy and is already making poor old AJ look obsolete. I thought a couple weeks ago that Green's lack of production was just a combination of rust and good coverage but I'm believing more and more he ain't got it anymore. Tee Higgins and Auden Tate are doing superb jobs of running routes and making big/difficult catches ... both are huge keys to Cincy's bright future.

11 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Agreed.....Auden was an absolute steal in the 7th round for Cincy and is already making poor old AJ look obsolete. I thought a couple weeks ago that Green's lack of production was just a combination of rust and good coverage but I'm believing more and more he ain't got it anymore. Tee Higgins and Auden Tate are doing superb jobs of running routes and making big/difficult catches ... both are huge keys to Cincy's bright future.

I know you like to be positive, but Tate has runs some pretty bad routes in my viewing.  This coaching staff seems to have no problems benching vets.  Why would they keep Green on the field of Tate was so good?  Doesn't pass the smell test.  Smells a lot more like AJ McCarron disease.  Hope I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I know you like to be positive, but Tate has runs some pretty bad routes in my viewing.  This coaching staff seems to have no problems benching vets.  Why would they keep Green on the field of Tate was so good?  Doesn't pass the smell test.  Smells a lot more like AJ McCarron disease.  Hope I'm wrong.

I guess the fan in me blew my mind and distorted reality to some extent...Tate's had a total of 3 receptions this year (on 5 targets), hardly Pro Bowl numbers, but I remember being very pleased when he made them and would hope he gets many more targets to build on.

The likelihood that we are playoff bound is pretty slim. I am all for the best player playing but but AJ lost almost 2 years and much of training camp. IMO he deserves more of a look before we throw him in the trash heap. For all of the thrills he gave us in the past he deserves that. Now if we begin winning games we aren't likely to win and crawl into contention with AJ still not getting it done it is different.   

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

"Why would they keep Green on the field?"..

Mike Brown gave Green 17mil dollars for what?

Too cheerlead?

As the team allways does theyll keep guving him snaps that should by now go to Tate...

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

What makes you think they didn't give him a sit down and explanation?  Dunlop said in his presser that "evidently I didn't make enough tackles in the run game."  Sounds like they gave him a reason. 

Most of us have noticed the drop off in Dunlop's game.  If he hasn't noticed that's part of the problem. 

I doubt that Von Bell  or Josh Bynes give a damn about Carlos Dunlop's experience or leadership.  The Bengals have been a joke to a team like the Ravens for years.  Dunlop is part of that joke.  I can see how old guys like Atkins and Dunlop expecting to do things the way they have always done them can be a problem to a couple guys who know how to win.  If the expectation is a higher level of performance, and how could it not be, Atkins and Dunlop need to get with the program or get out. 

I don't mean to be contentious but they may have given him the reason after we went to them for an explanation after they announced it. It should have been done before - not after. There is a big difference. If a leader wants respect he has to show respect. Otherwise he is just a person in charge barking orders - not leading. There is a difference there too. I actually agree his role needs to be limited and Lawson given more reps but that doesn't mean Dunlap doesn't have a solid role to play. Like Geno, he needs a bit more rest to stay fresh when he is called on. I am old and I had to drop out of the tennis league because I just couldn't do it physically. I didn't like facing that but age respects no body. Dunlap is not different. It is a hard reality to face even if in the back of his mind he had to know it was coming. Of course he is a bit upset. If he weren't he wouldn't be human. I have experience. I was a pretty good athlete and played sports very well. I got too old for organized baseball - then softball - then basketball - then tennis and I can't hit he golf ball 300+yards any more.  It will happen to you too if you are lucky enough to live that long

"Get with the program or get out" is easy for a younger guy to say. When your time comes you won't like it and likely be in denial at first as well. Yes it is a hard game but a little compassion is in order at times.  

15 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I don't mean to be contentious but they may have given him the reason after we went to them for an explanation after they announced it. It should have been done before - not after. There is a big difference. If a leader wants respect he has to show respect. Otherwise he is just a person in charge barking orders - not leading. There is a difference there too. I actually agree his role needs to be limited and Lawson given more reps but that doesn't mean Dunlap doesn't have a solid role to play. Like Geno, he needs a bit more rest to stay fresh when he is called on. I am old and I had to drop out of the tennis league because I just couldn't do it physically. I didn't like facing that but age respects no body. Dunlap is not different. It is a hard reality to face even if in the back of his mind he had to know it was coming. Of course he is a bit upset. If he weren't he wouldn't be human. I have experience. I was a pretty good athlete and played sports very well. I got too old for organized baseball - then softball - then basketball - then tennis and I can't hit he golf ball 300+yards any more.  It will happen to you too if you are lucky enough to live that long

"Get with the program or get out" is easy for a younger guy to say. When your time comes you won't like it and likely be in denial at first as well. Yes it is a hard game but a little compassion is in order at times.  

That was a good read...

I agree about keeping Dunlap and Adkins fresh but isnt that what we have rotations for??

Hes still in the mix but Hubbard will take his snaps on perceived run downs now..

Questions...what rating were you in tennis??

I played doubles in 3.5 and won the league.

We moved up to 4.5 and had a losing record lol..

43 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

We have been waiting for Reader and Geno to be on the field together. Geno likely won't be in top form but it could be the beginning.

No he wont be in top form but he adds to the rotation for now..

Christian Covington hasnt blown the doors off but he isnt a liability either..

He can rest Geno..

The same way they can use Dunlap now...all his energy is pass rushing this week..

Hope he gets after it!

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

What makes you think they didn't give him a sit down and explanation?  Dunlop said in his presser that "evidently I didn't make enough tackles in the run game."  Sounds like they gave him a reason. 

Most of us have noticed the drop off in Dunlop's game.  If he hasn't noticed that's part of the problem. 

I doubt that Von Bell  or Josh Bynes give a damn about Carlos Dunlop's experience or leadership.  The Bengals have been a joke to a team like the Ravens for years.  Dunlop is part of that joke.  I can see how old guys like Atkins and Dunlop expecting to do things the way they have always done them can be a problem to a couple guys who know how to win.  If the expectation is a higher level of performance, and how could it not be, Atkins and Dunlop need to get with the program or get out. 

In the Athletic article,he said the first he knew of the demotion was seeing it in the room on the depth chart

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

In the Athletic article,he said the first he knew of the demotion was seeing it in the room on the depth chart

Ok...he had to read it on the bulletin board..surprise!!

Not cool but he no doubt wanted a conference with Taylor who told him that they wanted him to pass rush and stay fresh..

Its the nfl...

3 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

First of all you were right about the coaching staff not sitting Dunlop down and letting him know.  I didn’t see that until the link to the Athletic article.  My bad.  

On the other hand spare me your preaching.  I am not young and cannot play many sports as I used to just like you.  The difference is we were never professionals.  At least I was not.  Maybe you were.  Professionals should know their time will come. Dunlop acting like he hasn’t slipped is either arrogance or ignorance.  Probably some of both.  He deserved a meeting, but he also needs to man up and support the team or get out.  He makes an insane amount of money and that comes with expectations.  Expectations of performance.  It’s about winning.  Understandably, Dunlop struggles with that because he’s played for the Bengals his entire career.  Time to learn or retire. 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Yes.  Saw that later.  Hadn’t seen that and gave the coaches the benefit of the doubt.  One more thing Taylor and staff have screwed up  

I posted a Mia culpa in another thread. 

25 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

First of all you were right about the coaching staff not sitting Dunlop down and letting him know.  I didn’t see that until the link to the Athletic article.  My bad.  

On the other hand spare me your preaching.  I am not young and cannot play many sports as I used to just like you.  The difference is we were never professionals.  At least I was not.  Maybe you were.  Professionals should know their time will come. Dunlop acting like he hasn’t slipped is either arrogance or ignorance.  Probably some of both.  He deserved a meeting, but he also needs to man up and support the team or get out.  He makes an insane amount of money and that comes with expectations.  Expectations of performance.  It’s about winning.  Understandably, Dunlop struggles with that because he’s played for the Bengals his entire career.  Time to learn or retire. 

I think he and the other players learned that Taylor wants production..

If not your gonna be toast soon..

Hes given Dunlap the chance to focus all his energy on rushing the passer..

It may prolong his career at this stage..

Archived