Ravens Board - OFFICIAL Ravens v. BenGALS Prediction Thread

The best was the guy who says the Bengals have a "vertical passing game" and another agreed saying the pass rush is going to take that away.  Ok, guys, at least do the smallest bit of research instead of assuming 300 yards passing = vertical.  Everyone has taken away the vertical game every week, and yet Joe puts up numbers regardless.

8 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

The best was the guy who says the Bengals have a "vertical passing game" and another agreed saying the pass rush is going to take that away.  Ok, guys, at least do the smallest bit of research instead of assuming 300 yards passing = vertical.  Everyone has taken away the vertical game every week, and yet Joe puts up numbers regardless.

I think they better be a bit careful with the blitz as Joe handles the blitz reasonably well. Joe doesn't need long developing routes and I don't think their LBs handle the pass  that well. Sample should catch a few. The comment about our "middling" receiving corps was also a bit dim. I will take our WR corps over theirs any day even with "old man AJ". But to be fair they believe they will win and so do I but they expect us to give them a but of a challenge. Smart. If they have a bad day and we have a good one winning is not out of the question. 

5 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

I think they better be a bit careful with the blitz as Joe handles the blitz reasonably well. Joe doesn't need long developing routes and I don't think their LBs handle the pass  that well. Sample should catch a few. The comment about our "middling" receiving corps was also a bit dim. I will take our WR corps over theirs any day even with "old man AJ". But to be fair they believe they will win and so do I but they expect us to give them a but of a challenge. Smart. If they have a bad day and we have a good one winning is not out of the question. 

Other than last week blitzing has been unnecessary to pressure Burrow. 

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Other than last week blitzing has been unnecessary to pressure Burrow. 

Yea, I get it but I think the Ravens want to bury Burrow not just sack him. Burrow is becoming a media hot spot and IMO they want to shut everybody up. Joe has only had a small taste of AFCN football. I think this is the best division and toughest division as well as the most entertaining division in the game this year. Burrow hasn't seen the real violent intent he will see with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. The AFCN hits with bad intentions. He is going to have to play even better than he has to hold his own. If he doesn't put up 30+ he will fall way short IMO.  

On 10/11/2020 at 12:10 PM, JungleJohn said:

Yea, I get it but I think the Ravens want to bury Burrow not just sack him. Burrow is becoming a media hot spot and IMO they want to shut everybody up. Joe has only had a small taste of AFCN football. I think this is the best division and toughest division as well as the most entertaining division in the game this year. Burrow hasn't seen the real violent intent he will see with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. The AFCN hits with bad intentions. He is going to have to play even better than he has to hold his own. If he doesn't put up 30+ he will fall way short IMO.  

Good call, looks like the offense wasn't prepared to handle the blitz...at all.... like they didn't prepared for it at all.

26 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Good call, looks like the offense wasn't prepared to handle the blitz...at all.... like they didn't prepared for it at all.

Some of that is on Burrow.  It's to be expected that he will have to learn to identify more complicated defenses in the NFL.  I guess Taylor and crew thought that Baltimore would figure they could get enough pressure on Burrow rushing 4, just like every other team has.  Once again, Taylor shows he isn't ready.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Some of that is on Burrow.  It's to be expected that he will have to learn to identify more complicated defenses in the NFL.  I guess Taylor and crew thought that Baltimore would figure they could get enough pressure on Burrow rushing 4, just like every other team has.  Once again, Taylor shows he isn't ready.

Callahan as well since he is the OC....so Taylor and Callahan are not ready and Turner is useless, great combo

Archived