Interview with Hue

Frankly, I think Zac and Hue working the Offense would be incredible. Zac would be good got Hue and hue would be good for Zac, In turn they would both be good for Burrow. I am not sure if many remember just how the players loved Hue. The would have gone thru a wall for him. Cleveland put a tarnish on him that he didn't deserve.  He is IMO under rated and over hated. My impression is that he and Burrow in the same room would be indistinguishable from magic.  He is a great guy to talk to. What you see is what you get with him. 

23 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

Frankly, I think Zac and Hue working the Offense would be incredible. Zac would be good got Hue and hue would be good for Zac, In turn they would both be good for Burrow. I am not sure if many remember just how the players loved Hue. The would have gone thru a wall for him. Cleveland put a tarnish on him that he didn't deserve.  He is IMO under rated and over hated. My impression is that he and Burrow in the same room would be indistinguishable from magic.  He is a great guy to talk to. What you see is what you get with him. 

I think bringing back someone from the Lewis regime is a terrible thing to do to Taylor.  It should be his show, but if you are going to force someone in it shouldn't be someone from the recent past. 

Also, in Cleveland and Oakland Hue was considered a joke by the players. 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I think bringing back someone from the Lewis regime is a terrible thing to do to Taylor.  It should be his show, but if you are going to force someone in it shouldn't be someone from the recent past. 

Also, in Cleveland and Oakland Hue was considered a joke by the players. 

He is not a HC. He doesn't have the organizational talent for it. He is more of a one on one leader not a podium leader. But who says it has to be forced. Zac can be a good HC or a good OC but I am not confident he can do both and do them well. You cannot argue his play calling isn't pretty effective. I think it is the same with Zimmer. Great DC but not a great HC. Different skill sets. Zac wouldn't bring Hue in though as I sense a bit of denial in him.    

22 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

He is not a HC. He doesn't have the organizational talent for it. He is more of a one on one leader not a podium leader. But who says it has to be forced. Zac can be a good HC or a good OC but I am not confident he can do both and do them well. You cannot argue his play calling isn't pretty effective. I think it is the same with Zimmer. Great DC but not a great HC. Different skill sets. Zac wouldn't bring Hue in though as I sense a bit of denial in him.    

Zimmer has won playoff games,what the Vikings did to him was down right criminal.

His stint in Cleveland tore him up.

However, he still is a great OC.

He knows he won't get another HC position.

He finally figured out that he is best calling plays and not running the ship.

It may be too late.

I personally would like to see him back calling plays for us.

At least we would be competitive and scoring points

14 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

His stint in Cleveland tore him up.

However, he still is a great OC.

He knows he won't get another HC position.

He finally figured out that he is best calling plays and not running the ship.

It may be too late.

I personally would like to see him back calling plays for us.

At least we would be competitive and scoring points

Sounds goos until hr actually watches the 5 stooges run and pass block..

You need time to execute pass plays..

You need the stooges to work together which they have no clue at...

Hues a good OC but he wont turn this oline around..

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

If Hue Jackson was so great why isn’t he an OC somewhere else?  In fact, where are all of Marvin’s coordinators today?   Not so good....

Paul Guenther is the DC for the Raiders

Mike Zimmer is the coach of the Vikings

Leslie Frazier is the Bills DC (we should have never let him go)

Teryl Austin out of work

Chuck Bresnahan out of work

Hue out of work

Those are the ones who immediately come to mind

20 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Paul Guenther is the DC for the Raiders

Mike Zimmer is the coach of the Vikings

Leslie Frazier is the Bills DC (we should have never let him go)

Teryl Austin out of work

Chuck Bresnahan out of work

Hue out of work

Those are the ones who immediately come to mind

Terry Austin out if work..

As ha should be ..

Not quite..Taylor was never a coordinator to my knowledge..

A QB coach?...

I believe the best HC for the Bengals would be Mike Zimmer..

Good repouir with the whole organization..

A stern leader but players like him..

Knows defense as well as anyone And...he could bring in some qualified coaches..

I actually believe Mike Brown respects Zimmer enough to give him some power of authority ..

I see no better candidate for this imposing venture than Zimmer.. 

Bengals missed a couple of obvious chances this past offseason by not hiring Bill Callahan for the O-line coaching job. If we weren't going to pair him with his son, we should have hired Joe Brady to get an offense up to the standards of the 2019 LSU team. 

At this point it looks like we might (fingers crossed) get a new HC for 2021. Ideally it would be someone with a defensive background and prior coaching experience. Zimmer would be ok if available. Hell, I'd take Rex Ryan or Gregg Williams. We'd need a new play caller for the offense too. If we go for an offensive minded coach, I'd rather have Josh McDaniels than say Eric Bienemy. 

I don't see them tossing Zac Shula to the curb at the end of this year - this implicates the inbreds and Dufus Tobin as incompetent. They will resist the label and blame injuries and perhaps have a few scapegoats like the OL coach. 

So far, Zac Shula has been successful at changing the culture. We used to be average and lethargic under ML, now we are just plain lousy. 

Time to listen to The Who - Won't get Fooled Again; "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Archived