Sewer Brewer: Week 5

On 10/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, UncleEarl said:

Ha.  You come to the thread you know is about folks complaining and claim you are in search of real discussion?  You don't want real discussion. You want people that agree with you.  If not you seek to insult and denigrate those who don't agree with you. 

You are a sad little man who builds himself up by tearing others down.  Off to the ignore pile with you. 

I have never denigrated anyone. I love it when people disagree with me regarding football because that is where discussion happens. That is where people learn something or consider something you may not have known before. Discussion is where growth happens. I was looking for that when I decided to give this site a try. The only person who denigrated anyone on this thread is you. If that is who you are please, please ignore me as I will you.  Over 4000 posts and you react like a child on a temper tantrum and I don't take the opinions of children all that seriously.  BTW I am a pretty happy guy. If you knew me you would know that. 

7 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I have never denigrated anyone. I love it when people disagree with me regarding football because that is where discussion happens. That is where people learn something or consider something you may not have known before. Discussion is where growth happens. I was looking for that when I decided to give this site a try. The only person who denigrated anyone on this thread is you. If that is who you are please, please ignore me as I will you.  Over 4000 posts and you react like a child on a temper tantrum and I don't take the opinions of children all that seriously.  BTW I am a pretty happy guy. If you knew me you would know that. 

Good post..

Stick around..we like your stuff..

On 10/13/2020 at 2:18 PM, claptonrocks said:

Bye...

Btw..what is a real discussion to you??

A real discussion? That is where you or I give our opinion. Then the other either agrees or disagrees. Then the both make a case for their opinions resulting in either you or I possible learning something we didn't know before and experience growth. That does however require a certain amount of maturity. Of course if that is not of interest to you then by all means use this forum however you want. As for me, I am looking to discuss the Bengals with other of like mind. If I find this isn't the place for it then I will continue my search for a place where I can grow and enjoy the conversation.  

1 minute ago, JungleJohn said:

A real discussion? That is where you or I give our opinion. Then the other either agrees or disagrees. Then the both make a case for their opinions resulting in either you or I possible learning something we didn't know before and experience growth. That does however require a certain amount of maturity. Of course if that is not of interest to you then by all means use this forum however you want. As for me, I am looking to discuss the Bengals with other of like mind. If I find this isn't the place for it then I will continue my search for a place where I can grow and enjoy the conversation.  

Point taken..

Like I said ..stick around..

22 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Here is a question:

Was AJ Green's actions following the INT one of the worst moments by a Bengal legend?

Did Corey Dillon do anything similar?

Carson Plamer?

Regarding AJ I don't know. There are different possibilities I believe a thinking person needs to consider before jumping to a conclusion about a well regarded player like AJ. I think Burrow made an ill advised pass under pressure earlier than the play was designed for and off target. AJ didn't expect it and perhaps never even saw the ball. Essentially I don't think AJ has the same seemingly lackadaisical attitude that I feel that Ross had. Maybe he just didn't put the effort in and does have an attitude. From what we saw I think either conclusion is possible. I tend to give AJ the benefit of the doubt. I get that he is frustrated and that affects him. I have been frustrated and it did affect my attitude. The end result is the he is taking 18 mil. to play like the old AJ and we aren't getting the money's worth. That is frustrating to me and I am trying to keep my attitude in check.

Players have the right to conduct their affairs the way they want. If that works against the team I don't like as I am a Bengals fan,  and as far as I am concerned both Dillon and CP did the team a dis-service. I am more sympathetic to Dillon than I am to CP as he took the up front money and walked deserting his team, team mates and us the fans in the process. I already didn't like CP because of what he said about tOSu my alma mater. So his action made me dislike him more. I put my CP jersey in the dog bed and when my dog Otis died I burned it. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I am not saying that is fair. I admit that sometimes I am unfair. I am saying that is how I feel. To say otherwise would be dishonest and people can think what you want of my opinion but I will never lie about that even when it would be more convenient.     

13 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

Regarding AJ I don't know. There are different possibilities I believe a thinking person needs to consider before jumping to a conclusion about a well regarded player like AJ. I think Burrow made an ill advised pass under pressure earlier than the play was designed for and off target. AJ didn't expect it and perhaps never even saw the ball. Essentially I don't think AJ has the same seemingly lackadaisical attitude that I feel that Ross had. Maybe he just didn't put the effort in and does have an attitude. From what we saw I think either conclusion is possible. I tend to give AJ the benefit of the doubt. I get that he is frustrated and that affects him. I have been frustrated and it did affect my attitude. The end result is the he is taking 18 mil. to play like the old AJ and we aren't getting the money's worth. That is frustrating to me and I am trying to keep my attitude in check.

Players have the right to conduct their affairs the way they want. If that works against the team I don't like as I am a Bengals fan,  and as far as I am concerned both Dillon and CP did the team a dis-service. I am more sympathetic to Dillon than I am to CP as he took the up front money and walked deserting his team, team mates and us the fans in the process. I already didn't like CP because of what he said about tOSu my alma mater. So his action made me dislike him more. I put my CP jersey in the dog bed and when my dog Otis died I burned it. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I am not saying that is fair. I admit that sometimes I am unfair. I am saying that is how I feel. To say otherwise would be dishonest and people can think what you want of my opinion but I will never lie about that even when it would be more convenient.     

Did you attend OSU when Bob Ferguson was the RB?

I believe he was never stopped for a loss running it.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Woah Clapton! I am old but I ain't that old. Ferguson played in the early 60's. Pete Johnson and Ron Springs is more my time. I am in my 70's not my 80's.  

21 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

uknowhow2pretend/"semi-pro"...  "MikeBrown"... Rudi Johnson's mom... lol...

LOL - MikeBrown

"Let's work together" thread - when Bengal fans actually thought the team owner showed up on a message board to engage with the fans.

I think I printed that out and have a copy somewhere. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

LOL - MikeBrown

"Let's work together" thread - when Bengal fans actually thought the team owner showed up on a message board to engage with the fans.

I think I printed that out and have a copy somewhere. 

Bob Bratkowski's son was on the board for awhile.as I remember..

Maybe a fraud but he seemed to know. 

the play calling for upcoming games..

Course Ole Bob was 100% vanilla..

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

11 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Woah Clapton! I am old but I ain't that old. Ferguson played in the early 60's. Pete Johnson and Ron Springs is more my time. I am in my 70's not my 80's.  

Here's some real Ohio State trivia for both you whippersnappers...

Loren Robert White (born August 22, 1938) is a former American football player. He played for Ohio State in the late 1950s. White played fullback and line on defense. In 1957, he and the Buckeyes won the Big Ten Conference outright and won the 1958 Rose Bowl, 10–7, over Oregon. In 1958, he led in scoring and rushing for the Buckeyes.

In 1958, White was named First-Team All-American. He was also named Academic All-American Player of the Year in 1958. In 1957, 1958, and 1959 he was named an Ohio State Academic All-Big Ten Honoree. In 1958 White placed 4th as the Buckeyes Heisman Trophy finalist.

In his only NFL season, White played just six games.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

aka Bob White.

He was the player for whom the phrase "Three yards and a cloud of dust" was coined.

No, I did not see him play.  I worked with him for a number of years.

Earned his Doctorate so he was called Dr White.

Wore his 1960 AFC Houston Oilers championship ring to work sometimes.

Also there but a lot older was a guy named Hank Wiseman.

Hank was one of the original Waterloo Wonders high school basketball team.

If you want a really interesting a fun sports history read, surf out the Waterloo (Ohio) Wonders.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Here's some real Ohio State trivia for both you whippersnappers...

Loren Robert White (born August 22, 1938) is a former American football player. He played for Ohio State in the late 1950s. White played fullback and line on defense. In 1957, he and the Buckeyes won the Big Ten Conference outright and won the 1958 Rose Bowl, 10–7, over Oregon. In 1958, he led in scoring and rushing for the Buckeyes.

In 1958, White was named First-Team All-American. He was also named Academic All-American Player of the Year in 1958. In 1957, 1958, and 1959 he was named an Ohio State Academic All-Big Ten Honoree. In 1958 White placed 4th as the Buckeyes Heisman Trophy finalist.

In his only NFL season, White played just six games.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

aka Bob White.

He was the player for whom the phrase "Three yards and a cloud of dust" was coined.

No, I did not see him play.  I worked with him for a number of years.

Earned his Doctorate so he was called Dr White.

Wore his 1960 AFC Houston Oilers championship ring to work sometimes.

Also there but a lot older was a guy named Hank Wiseman.

Hank was one of the original Waterloo Wonders high school basketball team.

If you want a really interesting a fun sports history read, surf out the Waterloo (Ohio) Wonders.

Cool stuff! That was back when men were men and the women were glad of it. IMO the 50's and 60's were the golden age of both football (college and pro) and baseball.  Nitcshke, Hourning, Gregg, Frank Robinson, McCovey, Gibson, Yaz, Mantle, and my personal favotites Johnny "Hightops" Unitas and Willie "Say Hay" Mays. I am glad I was alive to see them all play. Both games have changed IMO for the worst. Baseball is almost unrecognizable;. When a pitcher started he was expected to finish.  In football pads were minimal and injuries were not as bad. Not as hard hitting you may say.  Go watch vid of Dick Butkus. 

9 hours ago, MaximumSam said:

The perfect summation of being a Bengals fan

Speak for yourself.

Sounds more like Baltimore coach Winky Dink Martindale (didn't he used to host some game show for the assisted living set?) whining because Zac kicked a field goal rather than being shut out.

If Lemur Jackson had taken as many hits after the throw as Joe had he would have had something to

complain about.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:35 AM, claptonrocks said:

Bob Bratkowski's son was on the board for awhile.as I remember..

Maybe a fraud but he seemed to know. 

the play calling for upcoming games..

Course Ole Bob was 100% vanilla..

Yeah... That narrows it down to a small pool of everyone.

Archived