Ravens Game Day......

Just now, Sox said:

I sure wish they'd call a few of those when Burrow get hit late.

When it's Burrow he actually gets hammered.  With Lamar you literally just give him a little jolt on the shoulder and it's 15 yards.

And yes, I agree Carlos is stupid to do anything like that in the NFL, on a star QB.  He should obviously know they might call it.

Just now, DudleyDawson said:

The Bengals shouldn't be looking to try to win this game. They need to stick with just trying to establish the offense. Keep running the ball and play action. Dont drop Burrow back 60 times trying to get back in it.

Was talking about this with a friend but they need to concentrate on protecting Burrow.  Max protect, 2 TE, shotgun - do whatever they need to do to keep him healthy.  Maybe they win some games in the meantime but letting him get pummeled behind this joke of an OL every week is fuckin criminal.  I'd rather lose every game & keep this kid healthy for the long term.   Inexcusable.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Needed to do that before we went down 17-0.   It's backup QB time in the 2nd half AFAIC.

Well yeah as I and others said, they had to establish the run. The series that ended up in the INT was just bafflingly stupid.

And while I agree the OL sucks, we all know that, the calls on offense are not matching up to what the Ravens D is doing.  They blitz, we're going for long passes.  We go for a wide run, they're playing contain.  Out-coached + lesser talent = embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, palmer4mvp said:

Well if this was a litmus test...let’s just say we have a long ways to go. 

That's what kills me - we had a long way to go last year.  The same problems - chiefly, sloppy defense and an OL that isn't NFL level - persist from last year.

Next year will the be the 3rd year under Taylor's (alleged) system and where are we in the rebuild?  Approaching competitive? 

They're not going to get better if they refuse to acknowledge the problems.  

Archived