Good, Bad, and Ugly (Ravens -part 1)

I was fortunate not to have watched this debacle live. I was away and PVR'ed the game. Just watched it today. I was actually excited to watch them play this year with Burrow and some of the new additions. I was tricked again. Same. Old. Bengals. 

GOOD

Jessie Bates-This guy is the real deal. Solid football player.

BAD

DJ Reader's Injury-An actual legit offseason acquisition gone for the season. Too bad.

UGLY

AJ Green-I'm a fan and have tried to back him but, fuck you AJ. If you're too hurt to play, retire. If you're quitting on the team after getting $41 million to play 13 games over the past three years, you're an assclown.

Offensive Line-Worst Offensive Line I can ever recall in Cincinnati. Joe Burrow is now the most sacked QB in the league.

Accountability-There is none on this team. Not for management, the coaching staff nor players. 

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I was fortunate not to have watched this debacle live. I was away and PVR'ed the game. Just watched it today. I was actually excited to watch them play this year with Burrow and some of the new additions. I was tricked again. Same. Old. Bengals. 

GOOD

Jessie Bates-This guy is the real deal. Solid football player.

BAD

DJ Reader's Injury-An actual legit offseason acquisition gone for the season. Too bad.

UGLY

AJ Green-I'm a fan and have tried to back him but, fuck you AJ. If you're too hurt to play, retire. If you're quitting on the team after getting $41 million to play 13 games over the past three years, you're an assclown.

Offensive Line-Worst Offensive Line I can ever recall in Cincinnati. Joe Burrow is now the most sacked QB in the league.

Accountability-There is none on this team. Not for management, the coaching staff nor players. 

You nailed it...

And thats a shame for the fans..

20 hours ago, Spotto said:

Good: Burrow is not going to IR

Bad: the D really didn't slow the Ravens, Lamar was definitely no more than 70% healthy and they still pants us.

Ugly: Coaching

Lamar didn’t need to do any running, the game was over early. 

Unlike the offense, the defense has shown some progress.  In general, the new guys look good.  The old school Marvin guys?  Not so much. 

Jackson was in neutral this week nursing his injuries, especially when they went up early.  None the less...the defense kept the game withing reason. 

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Unlike the offense, the defense has shown some progress.  In general, the new guys look good.  The old school Marvin guys?  Not so much. 

Jackson was in neutral this week nursing his injuries, especially when they went up early.  None the less...the defense kept the game withing reason. 

The Dbacks played well..

The rest...not so much..

Long dead thread but not sure where else to put it.  Hope some see it.  Really pisses you off

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/17/lamar-jackson-micd-up-admits-flopping-carlos-dunlap-flag/

One of the more notable plays from the Cincinnati Bengals’ recent loss to the Baltimore Ravens was a controversial flag on defensive end Carlos Dunlap, who got called for a personal foul on Lamar Jackson.
And in hindsight, it turns out the altercation was funnier than most thought.

Jackson was mic’d up for the game against the Bengals and that play where Dunlap got penalized is heavily featured in the NFL’s Week 5 video.

On that play, mics pick up Jackson laughing as he falls to the turf after Dunlap’s hand hits his shoulder. He’s later seen on the sideline laughing with other Ravens and saying Dunlap did nothing wrong, admitting he flopped. And even later, he’s heard in the huddle saying “oh, got a free play!”

It’s a hilarious bit of video to listen to (starts at about 1:30 below) and for those who had pitchforks out for Dunlap, just know Jackson played it smart by fooling the officials.

Archived