Red Rifle Lives! Never mind, he’s dead.

SF2

On 10/30/2020 at 5:18 PM, gupps said:

I work with a huge Dallas fan, evidently their oline is worse then ours.  Andy just can't catch a break (except for his skull).

Their oline is great, it just happens to be on IR at the moment. 

It’s been a rough stretch for former Bengals QB Andy Dalton.

Two weeks ago, Dalton took a brutal cheap shot from Washington linebacker Jon Bostic, which left the Cowboys QB concussed and unable to play the following week vs. the Eagles.

Now, it appears Dalton will miss another game, though this one is due to him being placed on the NFL’s COVID-19 list, according to ESPN’s Todd Archer.

Dalton will be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Tuesday, which will knock him out of Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Stealers, according to multiple sources.

Dalton did not practice last week as he worked through the concussion protocol, but he was in some team and quarterback meetings later in the week. He did not fly with the team to Philadelphia because he was officially ruled out the day before kickoff.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

It’s been a rough stretch for former Bengals QB Andy Dalton.

Two weeks ago, Dalton took a brutal cheap shot from Washington linebacker Jon Bostic, which left the Cowboys QB concussed and unable to play the following week vs. the Eagles.

Now, it appears Dalton will miss another game, though this one is due to him being placed on the NFL’s COVID-19 list, according to ESPN’s Todd Archer.

Dalton will be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Tuesday, which will knock him out of Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Stealers, according to multiple sources.

Dalton did not practice last week as he worked through the concussion protocol, but he was in some team and quarterback meetings later in the week. He did not fly with the team to Philadelphia because he was officially ruled out the day before kickoff.

Tough breaks for Dalton..

That Texas homecoming hasn't worked out for him..

27 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Is he really on the COVID list or did he see they were playing the Squeelers this weekend and said “Nope.”? 😉😳 😂

Daltons talent level is average but I dont think hed quit on Dallas even against Pissburgh..

Oh did I spell the city wrong?...

Naw...Pissburgh is perfect..

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Dullton got off to a good start, but like usual, sucked at the end.  Watching him throw a pick 6 to a D-lineman was a nice dessert after Thanksgiving dinner.

Not looking likely that Dullard will get to add to his post-season failure.

I am starting to think being a Dallas fan is worse than being a Bengals fan.  Seriously, the team got a very experienced backup QB just in case.  In case happens and Dalton completely sucks. 

35 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am starting to think being a Dallas fan is worse than being a Bengals fan.  Seriously, the team got a very experienced backup QB just in case.  In case happens and Dalton completely sucks. 

I thought the Cowboys might play inspired losing their strength coach, but I should have known the Dalton on national TV juju is much stronger.

The fact that the Dallas defense fell apart—worse than it had already done the entire game—in the 4th quarter, had literally nothing to do with the outcome? 

Zeke with 32 yds, and a totally stitched together on the fly OL, had no impact either? 

But yeah, narratives need to be continued. 

30 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

With 3:34 left in the game, and down 34-16. And directly after their amazing defense gave up a 37-yd TD run. 

And your point is what exactly?

Sure Dalton isn't the main reason they stink, but he's still terrible.

Imagine Dallas with Burrow - are they better than they are now?  Obviously yes.

Dullton is trash.  Still laughing that fans actually thought the Patriots would take him and lead them to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

And your point is what exactly?

Sure Dalton isn't the main reason they stink, but he's still terrible.

Imagine Dallas with Burrow - are they better than they are now?  Obviously yes.

Dullton is trash.  Still laughing that fans actually thought the Patriots would take him and lead them to the playoffs.

Point is, Doctor: they lost both their tackles in a span of only a few minutes in the first quarter. They were then shifting backups to other backups. Zeke never gets going, and fumbles setting up an earlyTD. Defense never gets W off the field, and then falls completely apart in the 4th quarter. Patchwork line, no running game, no defense. Does this sound vaguely familiar? 

The legendary Pick-6–a stupendous 15-yarder—comes with 3:34 left in the game, and after the W’s scored on a wide open spaces 37-yd TD run moments before to open up a 34-16 lead. Getting the frequency, Kenneth? 

But you are right...the Cowboys were really stupid to sign a legitimate NFL QB to an inexpensive 1-year deal when their normal starter was playing salary mindgames. Why do that...heck just go find any Brandon Allen. He could do just as well in an apocalyptic setting like yesterday. 

And the Joe Burrow hypothetical straw man is really misplaced plus being a complete non sequitur. 

What does it matter anyway? The set-in-stone narratives will live on as they always will. Suppose those keep this make-believe sport interesting in a strange sort of way. 

(You already know I don’t give a tinker’s damn one way or the other. I just enjoy an occasional joust with my old friend) 

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If they finish Top 2, they are automatically promoted to the Premiere League. If they finish 3 or 4, they have a one match playoff for promotion. Still a long ways to go, the season isn’t even at the halfway mark yet. 

What team do you follow and who looks to be the best team?

Archived