The Return of the Prodigal Son?

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-margus-hunt-waive-andrew-brown

The Bengals today signed free agent DT Margus Hunt, and waived DT Andrew Brown.

Hunt (6-8, 295), an eighth-year player, originally was a second-round draft pick (53rd overall) of the Bengals in 2013 and was with Cincinnati through the '16 season. He spent 2017-19 with Indianapolis, and then played four games with the New Orleans Saints earlier this season. He has played in 95 career games (25 starts), with 108 tackles,7.5 sacks, seven PDs, a FF and a FR.

Brown, a second-year player, originally was a fifth-round pick of the Bengals in 2018. He played in four games with Cincinnati this season, and had two tackles.

29 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Unknown-1.jpeg.1263143ccdf2843f51a6d77efd932685.jpeg

The Cincinnati Bengals have signed free agent defensive lineman Margus Hunt, the team announced Monday. In a corresponding move, the team waived defensive lineman Andrew Brown.

Hunt is an eighth-year player who was originally a second-round draft pick (53rd overall) of the Bengals in the 2013 NFL Draft as a defensive end. He was with Cincinnati through the 2016 season. 

The 6-8, 295-pound Estonian then spent 2017-19 with the Indianapolis Colts, then played four games with the New Orleans Saints earlier this season. He has played in 95 career games (25 starts), with 108 tackles, 7.5 sacks, seven pass deflections, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. 

The four games Hunt played with the Saints this season earned him a 52.5 Pro Football Focus grade. The Bengals are listing him as a defensive tackle after he began his career as a 4-3 defensive end in Cincinnati and then a 3-4 defensive end in Indy.

Brown, a second-year player, was originally was a fifth-round pick of the Bengals in 2018. He played in four games with Cincinnati this season, and had two tackles. He currently has a 40.9 Pro Football Focus grade, one of the worst marks on the team.

Get ready for the "fantasic" Hobson article to come that will essentially just be a copy-paste of his articles from Margus' first couple years... how he threw discus and learned piano and blocks kicks and... well... is tall?  I guess?  Loves his mama?  Is from Estonia and eats borscht? 

Oh, yeah, and how he was second-rounder so that means he's good.

32 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Get ready for the "fantasic" Hobson article to come that will essentially just be a copy-paste of his articles from Margus' first couple years... how he threw discus and learned piano and blocks kicks and... well... is tall?  I guess?  Loves his mama?  Is from Estonia and eats borscht? 

Lolll

You have to wonder how much longer Hobspin can take any more of the team's shit

20 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Hunt was bad then outside of a pd every so often...whoop de doo.

He'll be bad now too..

God the desperation in this team is laughably sadniw.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Hunt was bad then outside of a pd every so often...whoop de doo.

He'll be bad now too..

God the desperation in this team is laughably sadniw.

Margus was big, slow and awkward.

Backs would not run around his side of the line, they would kind of trot.

He might be better inside where he can use his strength but I have doubts about him

getting low enough to keep from getting stood up and the offensive linemen getting to his pads.

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I doubt the're thinking upgrade.

Just another dline BODY...

I mean an upgrade over whoever they have filling the spot now.  If we're rebuilding, why not take a chance on some street UDFA?  And if we're not rebuilding, WTF are we doing?  ZT's Super Secret 3-year System Culture Plan to Go 8-8 continues to fail to impress.

Archived