Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Im not sure if anyone listens to the bengals Locked On podcast.

 

I dont much care for the hosts. for those not familiar the LOCKED ON podcast network has a padocst for every sport and each team, the slogan is "your team everyday" which my son and i joke should be "your team, everyday, once a week" as they have 1-3 podcasts per week.

 

but these dudes LOVE john ross, as does goodberry who used to host it. 

 

they act like he is the team savior, "with any luck we will get Ross back on the field"...

 

talking to a buddy in the sports industry he said its likely becasue they were able to get john ross on the show previously, so now they just blow him endlessly, because he was nice to them.

 

looking up the two dudes doing the show it appears to be about as professional as someone like me being in charge of it.

 

while its a mediocre podcast, its one of few bengals things i can listen to out here. The bengals booth podcast is alright, but i find it cheesy and unless there is some generic insight, its not always interesting.

 

am i missing something or do these two dudes have a man crush on john ross?

 

all he has done is drop game changing passes that hit his hands when he plays.

 

unless you want to design 5-6 reverses, handoffs or screens for him a game, he seems useless to have out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

Im not sure if anyone listens to the bengals Locked On podcast.

 

I dont much care for the hosts. for those not familiar the LOCKED ON podcast network has a padocst for every sport and each team, the slogan is "your team everyday" which my son and i joke should be "your team, everyday, once a week" as they have 1-3 podcasts per week.

 

but these dudes LOVE john ross, as does goodberry who used to host it. 

 

they act like he is the team savior, "with any luck we will get Ross back on the field"...

 

talking to a buddy in the sports industry he said its likely becasue they were able to get john ross on the show previously, so now they just blow him endlessly, because he was nice to them.

 

looking up the two dudes doing the show it appears to be about as professional as someone like me being in charge of it.

 

while its a mediocre podcast, its one of few bengals things i can listen to out here. The bengals booth podcast is alright, but i find it cheesy and unless there is some generic insight, its not always interesting.

 

am i missing something or do these two dudes have a man crush on john ross?

 

all he has done is drop game changing passes that hit his hands when he plays.

 

unless you want to design 5-6 reverses, handoffs or screens for him a game, he seems useless to have out there.

The key word you used was "useless" this season..

His assets are speed but used as in straight line.

He runs a worse route than ..well anyone...

His hands are stone and hes soft..

No spirit in his play and will loaf at times..

Hes a bust...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I listen to it, I started listening to every Bengals podcast almost.

 

As far as Lock on is concerned, I like it because Rapien actually covers the Bengals so can offer insight based on more than just opinions, parsing qoutes, and stats. Jake Liscow is a bit of a dork tho, his voice has bit of whiny bitch quality...it's like he's trying to be Dan Hoard but his balls haven't dropped yet.

 

As for Ross, he's popular because he's not playing and disappointing people

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite simply the guy is not a football player. Lighting up a stopwatch doesn't mean you can play football. I was in Seattle watching that draft and the folks around me all laughed at how the Bengals had reached on that pick. They knew more about him than the Bengals do. They've got to get better at scouting players or this will never change

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Quite simply the guy is not a football player. Lighting up a stopwatch doesn't mean you can play football. I was in Seattle watching that draft and the folks around me all laughed at how the Bengals had reached on that pick. They knew more about him than the Bengals do. They've got to get better at scouting players or this will never change

Yeah id take a 7th rounder for him..

Totally useless here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Quite simply the guy is not a football player. Lighting up a stopwatch doesn't mean you can play football. I was in Seattle watching that draft and the folks around me all laughed at how the Bengals had reached on that pick. They knew more about him than the Bengals do. They've got to get better at scouting players or this will never change

 

Amongst the things are are incredibly dumfounding about Mike Brown , the top one may be the fact that Paul Brown was the main innovator for college scouting and understood the value to the team of that function.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 1:58 PM, GoBengals said:

ok so im not crazy... good good...

Rapien was begging for Ross to be the pick back when he covered the city sports on WLW. He's dying with that ship.

 

Goodberry always hated that pick. 

 

Jake was never a fan of the pick either.

 

(Both goodberry and Jake wanted a QB that draft to get rid of Dalton is my recall...)

 

Rapien will always look for a Ross breakout. I am sure the thought was they could use his speed last week. Which, of course, remains theoretical.

 

I loved LockedOn when Goodberry was one of the hosts. I miss his voice. I am not as big a fan of Rapien but he gets to be on the zooms so that is decent access. Jake is a solid host - although super pessimistic, always. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

lets collect some picks for dunlap, atkins and ross, like a 4th, 5th and 7th, and get a OL, DT and K with those picks.. round 4-7 all picks should be OL, DT and K 

 

pile them up and see what sticks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, membengal said:

This past draft looks pretty damn fine, so, maybe not?

The drafts always look good until several years later. If this past draft is a good one it is an anomaly. The track record of this personnel department is not good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The drafts always look good until several years later. If this past draft is a good one it is an anomaly. The track record of this personnel department is not good. 

Well so does every other team as well.

You hope you land 3 good ones and a couple reserved plus a couple St players..

Better hope these young backers improve from their mistake prone starts..

Good draft as far as prospects go..

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No playoff wins since 1991 - I think we can safely conclude the Mike Brown model is not built for winning. 

Sadly for Bengal fans no..its not.

Mike's first priority is making a fortune in Cincinnati for himself and his family.

A good idea no?

He acquired a ready made nfl team and ran it like a business ..

He bilked the county out of millions

In a strangled hold deal..

Hes smart enough to know he has to keep it afloat but allways make a profit..

Ya see..Hes not football..all business.

He doesnt have the money to play with the rich city owners but he'll churn that profit...

Katy has to make the changes in a system that has been used for yrs ..

Tough task..

Bew blood is needed..

Maybe that was her final decision on hirong Zach..

God we are in a unrealistic thought journey into thinking we can turn this around in 3 years..

Build the Oline build the front 7 protect your QB..

4 years to do it for this team to make a run at the title..

 

 

 

 

Maybe

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The drafts always look good until several years later. If this past draft is a good one it is an anomaly. The track record of this personnel department is not good. 

The last draft?

I see Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins and Logan Wilson once in awhile.

The rest... meh pretty much.

 

We rolled the dice on high price free agents who are either injured (Reader, Daniels)

or past their prime or just not very good... Bynes, Bell, Sims.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...