Clots game day thread...

On 10/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, kriZENry said:

So two deep balls is ok for you? Even Dandy threw more than that per game

BS! But keep believing that! He was a short passing chump! He couldn’t pass deep unless our WRs bailed him out!  He overthrew all of them deep or short handed them!  Get a clue! 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

BS! But keep believing that! He was a short passing chump! He couldn’t pass deep unless our WRs bailed him out!  He overthrew all of them deep or short handed them!  Get a clue! 

You starting to wander into Troll territory.  

8 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

To be fair, he threw deep shots to John Ross who dropped them.

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

You mean because I have an opinion other than yours so I am a troll?  Ridiculous! Typical response from the Kool Aid crew! 

No because your sound like your here to either A..get attention for your sorry ass posts or.....

B.You have an inferiority problem and you post to have someone notice you.. 

My guess is both...

Express your views but chill with the attitude..

4 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

You mean because I have an opinion other than yours so I am a troll?  Ridiculous! Typical response from the Kool Aid crew! 

Dalton led the league in yards per pass attempt in 2015. He has regularly been in the top ten for yards per pass attempt. Like another poster pointed out, you are just shouting at clouds. 

If anything he threw too much downfield in particular his patented 3 yards out of bounds deep sideline pass which was especially annoying. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Dalton led the league in yards per pass attempt in 2015. He has regularly been in the top ten for yards per pass attempt. Like another poster pointed out, you are just shouting at clouds. 

If anything he threw too much downfield in particular his patented 3 yards out of bounds deep sideline pass which was especially annoying. 

Dalton was the prototypical Mr. Average..

Up down steady for a few then oh shit what the hell then back to up and so on ..

Bad Andy Good Andy...forever in Bengal folklore.... 

7 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Dalton was the prototypical Mr. Average..

Up down steady for a few then oh shit what the hell then back to up and so on ..

Bad Andy Good Andy...forever in Bengal folklore.... 

Like many Bengal players, I honestly think the ending to the 2015 season ripped the heart out of Dalton. He has a great season going, gets hurt but watches his team finally win a playoff game..., until they didn’t. 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Like many Bengal players, I honestly think the ending to the 2015 season ripped the heart out of Dalton. He has a great season going, gets hurt but watches his team finally win a playoff game..., until they didn’t. 

That was an extremely rough one..

Hill's fumble then Vontaze and Pac losing their minds..

AJ to AJ would have been a great memory..

On 10/20/2020 at 11:30 PM, SF2 said:

Said it before but they should've blown it up right then.  This fence-sitting stuff has killed the team.  Now we're looking at year 3 under ZT as a rebuild?  WTF have we been doing the past 2 then?

Shit or get off the pot.

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Said it before but they should've blown it up right then.  This fence-sitting stuff has killed the team.  Now we're looking at year 3 under ZT as a rebuild?  WTF have we been doing the past 2 then?

Shit or get off the pot.

The other problem is the organization’s only goal is to be good enough to make the playoffs.  Lewis should have been let go after the Jets playoff loss but most certainly after the TO/Ocho show.    

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The other problem is the organization’s only goal is to be good enough to make the playoffs.   

I don't think it's even that much.  Their goal is to participate in the scheduled 16 games a year and meet any other requirements to maintain ownership of an NFL franchise.  That's it. If the team wins, great, but if not they're obviously ok with that, too.  If they do go beyond that it will only be the bare minimum to maintain some moderate level of fan interest.

Like Ol' Musty himself said "Sometimes one of the elephants doesn't do their routine."  It's just a circus to entertain the peasants, the outcome isn't important so long as the extended Brown family never have to work a real job.

50 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't think it's even that much.  Their goal is to participate in the scheduled 16 games a year and meet any other requirements to maintain ownership of an NFL franchise.  That's it. If the team wins, great, but if not they're obviously ok with that, too.  If they do go beyond that it will only be the bare minimum to maintain some moderate level of fan interest.

Like Ol' Musty himself said "Sometimes one of the elephants doesn't do their routine."  It's just a circus to entertain the peasants, the outcome isn't important so long as the extended Brown family never have to work a real job.

The only reason I think playoffs is a goal is money.  The last few years the Bengals have been dead last in attendance capacity (73%} which definitely hurts the bottom line.  Concessions and parking revenue is not shared. 

Keep in mind that 73% is sold tickets or about 18,500 a home game, attendance was probably worse.  Over 8 regular season games and 2 preseason games your talking close to $10 mil in lost revenue.  

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

The only reason I think playoffs is a goal is money.  The last few years the Bengals have been dead last in attendance capacity (73%} which definitely hurts the bottom line.  Concessions and parking revenue is not shared. 

Keep in mind that 73% is sold tickets or about 18,500 a home game, attendance was probably worse.  Over 8 regular season games and 2 preseason games your talking close to $10 mil in lost revenue.  

Yeah, I suspect they saw that Covid was going to mean empty stadiums for most if not all of the season & adjusted accordingly.  That's what I mean about the bare minimum to keep fans interested.  They drafted Burrow, threw some money at defensive FA's that have so far contributed next to nothing, & called it a day.

This offseason they will move a couple of long time vets, say they are rebuilding and hope the fans accept that the last 2 years were essentially wasted.  They'll flirt with 8-8 and that will be enough excuse to extend Taylor and go back to napping.

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Another reason may be the team value goes up every couple years..

Theyre just sitting on their behinds for that fact alone..

What is it now? 1.8bil or so?

42 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Another reason may be the team value goes up every couple years..

Theyre just sitting on their behinds for that fact alone..

What is it now? 1.8bil or so?

Sure but it could be $500M higher if they invested in the brand. MB is simply riding on the coattails of all other owners. 

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah, I suspect they saw that Covid was going to mean empty stadiums for most if not all of the season & adjusted accordingly.  That's what I mean about the bare minimum to keep fans interested.  They drafted Burrow, threw some money at defensive FA's that have so far contributed next to nothing, & called it a day.

This offseason they will move a couple of long time vets, say they are rebuilding and hope the fans accept that the last 2 years were essentially wasted.  They'll flirt with 8-8 and that will be enough excuse to extend Taylor and go back to napping.

The X Factor will be if regular attendance will be allowed in 2021. If like this year, would be conceivable that another status quo/push season would be in the offing. No pressure at all. 

16 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Sure but it could be $500M higher if they invested in the brand. MB is simply riding on the coattails of all other owners. 

And there is the real issue. Mike Brown has 31 business partners.  They are all supposed to work together to promote the value of “NFL Inc.”. They created a system that would insure  a very competitive league which I believe is important.  

They did this by sharing revenue and imposing a salary cap. The problem is the Bengals are adding probably the lowest amount of any team to the pot and don’t seem interested in fixing it. 

Archived