Bengals' Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap frustrated with being phased out of game plan

39 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The only caveat to this is - when ML acted in this way there were seemingly good young players who could have played more if he let them. Right now, we have shit for depth so who takes these guys places?

Agreed.  A guy off the street is better than Geno Atkins?  Seems more like their making their point in spite of performance.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The only caveat to this is - when ML acted in this way there were seemingly good young players who could have played more if he let them. Right now, we have shit for depth so who takes these guys places?

Honestly speaking, who cares? Next man up. Ass, gas or cash, no one rides for free.

Those six players over six games have accounted for:

On Offense: 52 Targets, 24 Receptions, 232 Yards, 0 Touchdowns
On Defense: 39 Combined Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 Tackles For A Loss, 6 Passes Defended

I'm not thinking that will be hard to replace.

I really don't want the majority of them to leave. I've long been a fan of AJ, Geno and Carlos. If they've still got something left, go out and give it. I'd love to see it. But if you don't or don't want to and you get benched, sit down and shut up. Don't tweet about it. Those three alone are making $43 million this year. Shut the fuck up and play.

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Julio Jones can't be traded unless he repays a large amount of his signing bonus. He won't do that so the Falcons can't really trade him in 2020. Ryan either. 

The Bengals can certainly trade AJ Green or John Ross if they get an offer they like. 

They like?.....

Possibly 6th for Green and 7th for Ross...

An over the hill and a never was...

3 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

One of my (and many others) biggest beefs with Marvin Lewis is that he coddled the veterans while favoring them, playing them over rookies and younger players even when they weren't producing.

Zac Taylor has not done this, benching or reducing playing time and/or the role of guys like Andy Dalton, John Ross, Shawn Williams, Carlos Dunlap, Darius Phillips, AJ Green and Geno Atkins. The message to me is, no job is safe, work hard and produce or you're not going to play.

Say what you like but, I am behind him on this. If you want to play, do something more than cry about shit on your social media accounts.

The team has sucked for years with these guys as leaders. If they don't want to be here, trade them. I'm sure the defense can finish in the bottom five and they can win seven or less games with or without them the same way they've been doing it the past five years. 

Pretty damn fine post. 

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Nov 3 is the trade deadline..

We"ll now see which way Katy and Zach want to go..

Taylor wants the vets out and bring along the young ones..

Hes looking for an  overhaul and Katy can give it to him..

Could get interesting in the next week..

So where is the Brown family vacationing this early November?

4 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Just started listening.  Lap said Geno's situation is totally different that Carlos' and they shouldn't be in the same conversation.  Geno's shoulder is still hurt and wants to play. 

Still hurt?..ok understood.

And the reason Zach is giving him less snaps i???

Well there it is..a one armed DT ..

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Better than a no armed DT..

Covington is at a mediocre level now...limited guy who's playing hard..

The rest are trying to show they can be in s rotation. Very limited ability as well..

If Geno can play somewhat effectively for 25-30 snaps Id be pleased.

Lawson and Dunlap have to get pressure on Baker this week or his receivers will move the chains with frequency ..thats the task on defense..

Pressure.....

Dunlap up against a good round1 rook whos playing decent..

Lawson-Conklin duel should be a fun watch too.....

Can any backer or Bell limit TE Hooper? With no pressure Baker will look like Rivers a week ago..

44 minutes ago, Griever said:

Jeez...

Honestly I don’t see how that’s not conduct detrimental to the team. I get not being happy but that’s some pretty repugnant shit right there. Nothing good can come from keeping him around at this point. Trade him or release him, that’s where it looks to be headed. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Honestly I don’t see how that’s not conduct detrimental to the team. I get not being happy but that’s some pretty repugnant shit right there. Nothing good can come from keeping him around at this point. Trade him or release him, that’s where it looks to be headed. 

Agreed. And granted it isnt much, but we have a game in one day and you are posting this for the world to see, c'mon man!

Something stinks inside the building at the moment.

For Carlos to act like a cry baby and do all this social media crap, this is more than just playing time and a demotion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm real pissed at Carlos for this; I hate this behaviour and I hope the team make him inactive this week.  

But, I can't stop wondering what the underlying problem is.....

The underlying problem is...Carlos. He loafed through eight games last year before turning it on. He was sucking again this year, and got himself benched. Rather than accept the challenge of playing better, he's doing, whatever this is.

For years we begged the coaches on this team to make guys earn their spots. Well, when it happens, folks assume something is fishy? Can't have it both ways. 

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

The underlying problem is...Carlos. He loafed through eight games last year before turning it on. He was sucking again this year, and got himself benched. Rather than accept the challenge of playing better, he's doing, whatever this is.

For years we begged the coaches on this team to make guys earn their spots. Well, when it happens, folks assume something is fishy? Can't have it both ways. 

We arent going to smell a winning record..

Trade his malcontent ass..

Archived