Bengals' Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap frustrated with being phased out of game plan

24 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

There is a story on the Athletic on the NFL trade deadline and a note that sources say "Bengals are asking too much for players on the trade block, nothing new there".

They allways start high while their counterpart probably lowballs them..

Then ..they meet in the middle under that ole Georgia pine..

1 hour ago, membengal said:

The underlying problem is...Carlos. He loafed through eight games last year before turning it on. He was sucking again this year, and got himself benched. Rather than accept the challenge of playing better, he's doing, whatever this is.

For years we begged the coaches on this team to make guys earn their spots. Well, when it happens, folks assume something is fishy? Can't have it both ways. 

but they dont do this consistently,  when are they going to do this on the ol?   

1 hour ago, membengal said:

The underlying problem is...Carlos. He loafed through eight games last year before turning it on. He was sucking again this year, and got himself benched. Rather than accept the challenge of playing better, he's doing, whatever this is.

For years we begged the coaches on this team to make guys earn their spots. Well, when it happens, folks assume something is fishy? Can't have it both ways. 

I hear you, but when you've got position coaches calling Bobby Hart phenomenal it's hard to trust their judgement.  

Roster Update: We've activated DT Mike Daniels from the Reserve/Injured list & elevated CB Winston Rose from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday’s game. We've also waived DT Kahlil McKenzie & placed CB Torry McTyer on the Practice Squad/Injured list.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:
Roster Update: We've activated DT Mike Daniels from the Reserve/Injured list & elevated CB Winston Rose from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday’s game. We've also waived DT Kahlil McKenzie & placed CB Torry McTyer on the Practice Squad/Injured list.

Daniels is another body in the rotation..thats good.

Didnt Rose have a big year in Canada?

Wish him well..

15 hours ago, membengal said:

I don't recall Dunlap loafing through 8 games last year, just because you say something on the internet doesn't make it true.

I don't recall anyone begging Marvin to put Dunlap on the 3rd string, what are you talking about?

Everyone here can pile on Dunlap but I would take his resume over Taylor or Lou any day.

Dunlap is 2.5 sacks away from being the all time sack leader in the history of the franchise and this is how you treat him? It's no wonder this franchise has only 1 player in the HOF. 

Not sure why all of the fans are siding with an inexperienced, unqualified coach staff that has won 3 games over literally one of the best players at his position...it's a toxic work environment because of a lack of communication and leadership.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I don't recall Dunlap loafing through 8 games last year, just because you say something on the internet doesn't make it true.

I don't recall anyone begging Marvin to put Dunlap on the 3rd string, what are you talking about?

Everyone here can pile on Dunlap but I would take his resume over Taylor or Lou any day.

Dunlap is 2.5 sacks away from being the all time sack leader in the history of the franchise and this is how you treat him? It's no wonder this franchise has only 1 player in the HOF. 

Not sure why all of the fans are siding with an inexperienced, unqualified coach staff that has won 3 games over literally one of the best players at his position...it's a toxic work environment because of a lack of communication and leadership.

This isn't about taking sides.  It's about WTF is going on?  None of us really know.  I'm not impressed at all with the coaching staff, but that doesn't mean what Dunlop is doing is OK.  It's not.  If it was as bad as you say Dunlop wouldn't' be the only one speaking out.  Dunlop has obviously fallen out of favor, and some of that is his performance.  That whole "Dunlop is only 2.5 sacks away" BS is just that.  Who cares.  Winning teams care about what you are doing right now.  If Dunlop isn't getting it done, grab some pine.  That said, I don't think he's been that bad.  Just the same, Dunlop wants out and is trying to force it with the trade deadline approaching.  Drama.

Dunlap is a 4-3 DE.

Lou runs a base 3-4 defense

Round pegs don't fit into square holes.

It's not that Carlos is declining, the scheme they are running now, doesn't play to his strengths.

Pat Kirwan talked about this on NFL radio a few days ago.

He also mentioned Seattle would be a perfect fit for Dunlap.

51 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Dunlap is a 4-3 DE.

Lou runs a base 3-4 defense

Round pegs don't fit into square holes.

It's not that Carlos is declining, the scheme they are running now, doesn't play to his strengths.

Pat Kirwan talked about this on NFL radio a few days ago.

He also mentioned Seattle would be a perfect fit for Dunlap.

Then i hope he goes to Seattle...

29 minutes ago, Griever said:

Change of heart perhaps?

NFL trade deadline: Bengals more open to dealing this year with a bevy of players wanting out of Cincinnati

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-bengals-more-open-to-dealing-this-year-with-a-bevy-of-players-wanting-out-of-cincinnati/

Have been wondering about Jackson and his concussion.  Don't remember a hit or play in particular.  If he wants out he can play that card all season.

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This isn't about taking sides.  It's about WTF is going on?  None of us really know.  I'm not impressed at all with the coaching staff, but that doesn't mean what Dunlop is doing is OK.  It's not.  If it was as bad as you say Dunlop wouldn't' be the only one speaking out.  Dunlop has obviously fallen out of favor, and some of that is his performance.  That whole "Dunlop is only 2.5 sacks away" BS is just that.  Who cares.  Winning teams care about what you are doing right now.  If Dunlop isn't getting it done, grab some pine.  That said, I don't think he's been that bad.  Just the same, Dunlop wants out and is trying to force it with the trade deadline approaching.  Drama.

Maybe you are not aware but it's not just Dunlap; it's Geno, Tate, Green, Ross, Jackson, and Philips. 

Benching Dunlap, one of the pass rushers in franchise history doesn't make any sense. I have no delusions about this front office and coaching staff. They're inept and incompetent, 9/10 times I'm to side with the player, especially a guy like Dunlap that has done everything right on and off the field.

15 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Maybe you are not aware but it's not just Dunlap; it's Geno, Tate, Green, Ross, Jackson, and Philips. 

Benching Dunlap, one of the pass rushers in franchise history doesn't make any sense. I have no delusions about this front office and coaching staff. They're inept and incompetent, 9/10 times I'm to side with the player, especially a guy like Dunlap that has done everything right on and off the field.

Dunlop played. He was easily handled by the RT.  

20 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

One or two guys... Maybe. The entire core of your franchise rebels? The mutiny is on boys, and Captain Zac Queeg is due a good keel-haulin'.

Zac Taylor and his crew are a disaster. Joe Burrow is the only thing saving this from being a total shit-show.

Archived