The best and the worst on both sides of the ball?

So like in 2003, 2004, i like to look at the best 3 and worst three assets on the depth chart. Sort of a "if we improve these worst 3 guys, and keep these top 3 guys, we improve a decent amount year to year". Here is my list. Thoughts?

This got tough after the first one on defense.

Defense Worst 3 Players:

1. Sims - This guy seems to have a hand in every single bad play, especially sunday.

2. Atkins - mostly due to not playing, and IMO being worthless upon returning. 

3. Dunlap - While his play alone hasnt been great, its not worth being on this list, however the fact that he is behaving like a crybaby ass bitch on social media week after week has me immediately ready to move on. Addition by subtraction to the T.

** Several rookies are getting a pass due to no real camp or preseason. but man there is bad play all over.

Defense Best 3 Players:

1. Bates - would be hard pressed to see anyone else here.

2. Logan Wilson

3. Lawson or Pratt likely lawson

Offense Worst 3 Players:

1. Hart

2. John Ross 

3. Redman

Offense Best 3 Players:

1. Burrow

2. Mixon

3. Boyd (Higgins honorable mention)

DEFENSE WORST

I have trouble including Sims and Covington because, without injuries, these guys aren't even likely active.

1. Vonn Bell-This guy is dreadful in coverage. Looks completely lost. Solid run defender but hurts the defense badly when asked to cover pretty much anyone.

2. Germaine Pratt-I see promise here but he's not there yet. Isn't overly good at any facet of the game.

3. Josh Bynes-Had the one solid game against the Chargers but has been almost invisible since. Like his leadership but I'm not sold on him.

Honorable Mention: Carlos Dunlap and Akeem Davis-Gaither

DEFENSE BEST

1. Jessie Bates-Without question in my mind

2. DJ Reader-Biggest injury loss as far as impact goes. He was quietly doing exactly what the Bengals signed him to do (at a high level)

3. William Jackson-Has been targeted and has allowed more receptions than I'd like this year but, that also has to do with the lack of pass rush. Still a top drawer player in my opinion.

Honorable Mention: Mackensie Alexander, Logan Wilson and Carl Lawson

OFFENSE WORST

1. Billy Price-Absolute bust in every way. Total trash at multiple positions. Second worst bust on the team but, the worst player.

2. John Ross-Biggest bust on the team. For all his speed he has zero value and he seems to be OK with this.

3. Bobby Hart-No explanation required. He actually gets more grief than he deserves but, he is sub par at best.

Honorable Mention: Alex Redmond, Michael Jordan and Drew Sample

OFFENSE BEST

1. Joe Burrow-It's only going to get better

2. Tyler Boyd-Exactly the kind of weapon Burrow likes/needs

3. Joe Mixon-Any semblance of a line and/or gameplan and the guy is even better

Honorable Mention: Tee Higgins, Jonah Williams and Giovani Bernard

Archived