Dunlap traded to seahawks

30 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Article in the Athletic just now essentially said he never messed with Taylor and Lou Poo and he essentially has been dogging it. 

They spoke to AJ Hawk who said Dulap is a physical freak who can rush 'when he wants to' and I think we did see that throughout his time here. Somewhat streaky as a general observation. I even recall he did not play much in year 1 and ML noted he had to 'learn how to practice' or something along those lines. 

If he is rejuvenated in Seattle he will probably do well or he will do well until he gets grumpy again. 

"When he wants to"...

Thats why he was inconsistent..

Could look like an All-Pro for a bit then disappear for awhile..

Hey he was a good player..much props but his best days seem to be behind him..

Let Kareem and Bledsoe get more snaps to see if either has the talent to become a starter...

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Article in the Athletic just now essentially said he never messed with Taylor and Lou Poo and he essentially has been dogging it. 

They spoke to AJ Hawk who said Dulap is a physical freak who can rush 'when he wants to' and I think we did see that throughout his time here. Somewhat streaky as a general observation. I even recall he did not play much in year 1 and ML noted he had to 'learn how to practice' or something along those lines. 

If he is rejuvenated in Seattle he will probably do well or he will do well until he gets grumpy again. 

Some folks are like that.  Cam Newton is like that.  He's great when things are going well.  Happy.  A guy everyone wants to be around.  When things go bad?  Woof.

LOL.

This is the NFL fan version of "Yeah, well good riddance if she can't appreciate your small penis. She was always being a bitch every time you took her to McDonald's for a date. Screw her. Elon Musk can have her! She thinks she's something special just because she has huge tits and does anal. Pfffft. Dime a dozen."

Hell, even the teams someone wanted him sent to to suffer are going to beat the crap out of this pathetic little flea circus Zac Taylor has assembled. Sure, punish him by sending him to the Browns... Who have already beaten us twice.

Dunlap is thrilled to be out of this football wasteland - as anyone should be. And were still sitting here with Mike Brown's Tinder profile. 

I'm sure REAL SOON now, Mike Brown is just going to put all of those pieces in place and go win some games. Yep. Fuck the haters who can't see the brilliance of his 35 year plan and Zac Taylor's role as the chosen one. We shall label them whiny bitches and chase them from the land! Katie, Katie, Uber-alles!!

So, yeah, SCREW that guy. If he doesn't want to be a part of all this amazing winning culture we're building, hit the road. Hope he "enjoys" winning "games" in Seattle. Mike Brown is building something much bigger that he's missing out on right now. Playing the long game.

44 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

See the source image

The last washed up player who complained too much. I bet he regrets being so disloyal now. 

Whitworth wasn’t disgruntled and was a free agent,  he didn’t complain to get traded, he was an unrestricted FA.   He was also a pro bowler the last year he was here, not a DE who wasn’t playing well. Dunlap wouldn’t make anyone’s top 20 list last year. Whit left for way more money but good story bro. 

On 11/1/2020 at 4:10 AM, SF2 said:

Whitworth wasn’t disgruntled and was a free agent,  he didn’t complain to get traded, he was an unrestricted FA.   He was also a pro bowler the last year he was here, not a DE who wasn’t playing well. Dunlap wouldn’t make anyone’s top 20 list last year. Whit left for way more money but good story bro. 

IIRC he publicly stated his intention to be a Bengal for life.   This was all Katie/Troy and killed any "once Mike Brown steps down" daydreaming.

TBF I think (hope) LITJ  was joking.

3 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Dunlap tried today. He had 5 tackles, a sack and three tackles for a loss. Seahawks defense is absolutely terrible. Buffalo moved the ball at will against them

They are truly terrible.  Josh Allen had all day to throw. 

I watched quite a few snaps from that game on the RedZone channel.  While Dunlap was trying, he consistently lost contain responsibility.  He's a major liability in the run game.

But I will say he was trying hard.    Which he was not doing here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Carlos Dunlap with 2 sacks against the Cardinals..

Second one sealed the game..

Go figure..

Washed UP! Any bum off the street could have 3 sacks in 2 games. He's just actually trying hard now, which is an indictment of his character and not at all reflective of the Brown/Taylor ability to get the most out of their players. If he was really worth having around he'd play well no matter how bad the leadership totally isn't. Don't come crying to us when you lose the NFC championship game.... LOSER! LOL. That defense sucks! Your team is what, 7 and 3 now? Bwahahaha.

Rather see what we have in the 49 year old young guy, Margus Hunt. Plus we can resign Bobby Hart with all of the money we save! Who-F***ing-Dey! 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I think it speaks to what Dunlap was saying about how he was being used.

Lou Anarumo needs to be replaced imho

Just because you don't like the way you're being used, that doesn't mean you just give up and quit trying. He was still getting paid big bucks, he owed it to the organization to bust his ass out there. For whatever reason though, he just decided he wasn't going to do it anymore.  Good riddance. You can't keep guys around that pout and cry and whine just because they're not getting their way. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Just because you don't like the way you're being used, that doesn't mean you just give up and quit trying. He was still getting paid big bucks, he owed it to the organization to bust his ass out there. For whatever reason though, he just decided he wasn't going to do it anymore.  Good riddance. You can't keep guys around that pout and cry and whine just because they're not getting their way. 

Yes. It's been working so well... Why change your management philosophy?

Obviously the problem is the players. They should be happy to fill whatever role they can in this storied franchise.

36 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yes. It's been working so well... Why change your management philosophy?

Obviously the problem is the players. They should be happy to fill whatever role they can in this storied franchise.

that's not the point, we know that shit isn't changing.

he still shouldn't have been a crybaby

Apparently Dunlap should've happily sat on the bench & kept his mouth shut so as not to upset the amazing Culture that Taylor has created here with his 4-20-1 record.  I mean, who wouldn't want to be a part of that?  There's no excuse for his behavior since everyone knows how open Mike Brown is to player grievances.  You can't just stop producing on the field because a clueless DC with one of the worst defensive units in the NFL puts you in a position you're completely unsuited to play for the sake of implementing his "scheme". 

Sure, Dunlap's only real complaint was that he wasn't being put in a position to succeed, and ok maybe he's now had 3 sacks in 2 games since he left, but who do you believe? A longtime vet that's never complained once before now, or a new HC trying to save face with 4 wins in 2 season? Clearly Dunlap was the problem here.

Archived