Dunlap traded to seahawks

22 hours ago, saphead said:

OMG he's the greatest I hope he wears a Seahawks uniform when he's enshrined in Canton

Statically he is the greatest pass rushers in the Bengals franchise...so yeah. 

The Bengals have storied history of treating their best players like shit, they rarely honor them and don't make any efforts to help them get into the HOF.

Dalton is arguably the best QB in franchise history and he was benched on his birthday in favor of Ryan Finley, who has no business starting in the NFL. 

Corey Dillion couldn't wait to get out, he literally threw his pads in the stands during his last game. He left and won SB.

I could go on but to act like this situation with Dunlap is an isolated incident is just ridiculous, it's a pattern and the common theme is Mike Brown.

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Statically he is the greatest pass rushers in the Bengals franchise...so yeah. 

The Bengals have storied history of treating their best players like shit, they rarely honor them and don't make any efforts to help them get into the HOF.

Dalton is arguably the best QB in franchise history and he was benched on his birthday in favor of Ryan Finley, who has no business starting in the NFL. 

Corey Dillion couldn't wait to get out, he literally threw his pads in the stands during his last game. He left and won SB.

I could go on but to act like this situation with Dunlap is an isolated incident is just ridiculous, it's a pattern and the common theme is Mike Brown.

Who is this Mike Brown guy? Is he one of the scouts?

He has 3.5 sacks and six quarterback hits in three games. So, the question is, what was the problem here? Was he not trying? Was he being improperly used by Anarumo? 

Dunlap acted like a fucking jerk on his way out so, I lost a lot of respect for him. He signed two contract extensions and collected $67 million from this franchise. He knew what he was getting in to and jumped in with both feet. He gets no sympathy or understanding from me. But, if Anarumo is so horseshit that he can’t figure out how to use players, he needs to go immediately.

5 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

He has 3.5 sacks and six quarterback hits in three games. So, the question is, what was the problem here? Was he not trying? Was he being improperly used by Anarumo? 

Dunlap acted like a fucking jerk on his way out so, I lost a lot of respect for him. He signed two contract extensions and collected $67 million from this franchise. He knew what he was getting in to and jumped in with both feet. He gets no sympathy or understanding from me. But, if Anarumo is so horseshit that he can’t figure out how to use players, he needs to go immediately.

You me and everyone here would like to see his ass out now..

Hes been a Dback coach damn near every stop..

My question is what were the connections between Zach and him to warrant a DC job ? 

He played his ass off here for 10 YEARS!  After playing on Florida’s National Championship team in 2008 and going 13-1 in 2009, he was drafted by the dysfunctional To/Ocho show Bengals.  His rookie year he saw a shit show with the QB quitting at the end of the year.   Welcome to “professional” football. 

He then endured 5 years of his starting QB pissing down his leg in every big game and then the utter meltdown in the 2015 playoff game.  Still, he played hard for 3 more years until Zac and his band of misfit coaches showed up.  

You see, Taylor is here because he was a shiny dirt cheap replacement for Marvin.  Period.  Dunlap knows Taylor and his assistants suck and his clock is running out.  Team is rebuilding again. He bailed.  Hard to blame him. 

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Unless they threatened to cut his pay, there's absolutely no excuse for him to just throw his arms up and quit. Period.

Be a pro. That's all you have to do. Even when you're not happy. 

Meh, it's a job, he didn't enlist or swear an oath to Mike Brown.  Strongly suspect he asked for a trade quietly, got the usual answer you'd expect from this franchise, and then took it public as a last resort.

This argument isn't even about Dunlap.  It's people that have given up on Taylor vs people that still think he knows what he's doing. 

39 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Unless they threatened to cut his pay, there's absolutely no excuse for him to just throw his arms up and quit. Period.

Be a pro. That's all you have to do. Even when you're not happy. 

I would agree with you if this team was run like a professional NFL organization.  It isn’t.  It hired a guy to be coach with the thinnest resume I have seen since David Shula.  The reason that is a BIG problem is Zac didn’t have enough coaching capital or experience to bring in competent assistants.  

Everyone wanted to coach with Andy Reid, those same people were like, “Who???  The Bengals???  Nah.”

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I would agree with you if this organization was run like a professional organization.  It isn’t. 

Dunlap could control how hard he played and he could control whether or not he acted like a pro. Everything else is just an excuse. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Dunlap could control how hard he played and he could control whether or not he acted like a pro. Everything else is just an excuse. 

You're assuming he wasn't playing hard despite being out of position on a shit defense in a scheme that continues to fail without him.  You're giving Anarumo too much credit. 

Just now, T-Dub said:

You're assuming he wasn't playing hard despite being out of position on a shit defense in a scheme that continues to fail without him.  You're giving Anarumo too much credit. 

I'm not giving Anarumo any credit. It was pretty f'ing obvious that the dude was sulking. 

Just now, spicoli said:

I'm not giving Anarumo any credit. It was pretty f'ing obvious that the dude was sulking. 

I think that's just rationalization after the fact, but ok.

If I came in to work tomorrow and the boss decided my new job was to juggle herring while riding a unicycle it'd probably look like I wasn't trying very hard, either.

18 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Or he could say, “Enough is enough” and try to work his way off of a rebuilding team. He gave them 10 years and has nothing to show for it.  It’s 2020 and players in every sport do it all the time. 

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think that's just rationalization after the fact, but ok.

If I came in to work tomorrow and the boss decided my new job was to juggle herring while riding a unicycle it'd probably look like I wasn't trying very hard, either.

Dude, gimme a break. All they really did was reduce his role. I couldn't care less why. He was a fucking baby about it. Period. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Or he could say, “Enough is enough” and try to work his way off of a rebuilding team. He gave them 10 years and has nothing to show for it.  

Nobody held a gun to his head and made him sign contracts. 

Just now, spicoli said:

Dude, gimme a break. All they really did was reduce his role. I couldn't care less why. He was a fucking baby about it. Period. 

They didn't "reduce his role", they asked him to do something he's entirely unsuited for.. I mean, this is exactly what Dunlap himself said so I'm not sure where you're coming up with this "quit on the team" stuff.

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Nobody held a gun to his head and made him sign contracts. 

A contract that ISN’T guaranteed.  This isn’t baseball or basketball.   Why people are tanking on Zac is the real question you should be asking. 

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

They didn't "reduce his role", they asked him to do something he's entirely unsuited for.. I mean, this is exactly what Dunlap himself said so I'm not sure where you're coming up with this "quit on the team" stuff.

I don't care what he was suited for. You have no control over how your employer wants to use you. You're getting paid to do the job that's asked of you. That's it. 

Employer: Hey Joe we'd like to keep paying you at the same rate as always but we'd like you to do some things that you might not be used to and we might even ask you to work less.

Joe: Fuck you! You dumbasses have no idea wtf you're talking about! Watch me sulk and pout now until you have to get rid of me! 

Yeah, fuck that. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Why people are tanking on Zac is the real question you should be asking. 

Lol why should I be asking that question?

Ok fire Taylor and hire a new coach, great.

Guess what....same management. What did we gain?

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol why should I be asking that question?

Ok fire Taylor and hire a new coach, great.

Guess what....same management. What did we gain?

Possibly a competent coach?   The guy is 4-20-1. He left Burrow on the field late last week to get mauled.  

32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

What Exactly did they want him to do different???...

What was so unsuitable???

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

What Exactly did they want him to do different???...

What was so unsuitable???

I simply think he was tired of playing for a dead end franchise and decided he was never going to enjoy playoff success here.  I don’t think it is that hard to figure out.   He is near the end of his career.   

He sees his UF teammates like Haden and Pouncy playing for Pittspuke and wants to taste some success. You act like a professional athlete with pride is supposed to just suck it up and lose like a man.  Who they hell wants to tell their grandchildren, “I played pro football for the Bengals for 12 years, we never won anything.”   

Archived