Dunlap traded to seahawks

45 minutes ago, SF2 said:

This really isn’t hard. 

Apparently it is if you think Dunlap was in the right.

The quitter Carson Palmer is a term I've always heard thrown around on here. Well if Carson was a quitter, WTF is #96?

You can't have it both ways. 

8 hours ago, spicoli said:

The quitter Carson Palmer is a term I've always heard thrown around on here. Well if Carson was a quitter, WTF is #96?

When did I ever say it was right?   I said it isn’t hard to figure out and isn’t surprising.  He didn’t want to be part of a rebuild and wanted to go to a winner. He succeeded.  

EDIT:  He gave Zac and his coaches over a year and he obviously doesn’t think it’s going to work.  He pulled a Jalen Ramsey and went to a contender. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

The players can just as easily make the case that the owner 'quit' in the sense of telling them he wants to win but refusing to make what are the now OBVIOUS changes needed to do. This is not a one sided argument. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

I simply think he was tired of playing for a dead end franchise and decided he was never going to enjoy playoff success here.  I don’t think it is that hard to figure out.   He is near the end of his career.   

He sees his UF teammates like Haden and Pouncy playing for Pittspuke and wants to taste some success. You act like a professional athlete with pride is supposed to just suck it up and lose like a man.  Who they hell wants to tell their grandchildren, “I played pro football for the Bengals for 12 years, we never won anything.”   

Dunlap should have known that years ago.  He didn't care until it impacted his playing time.  I can respect what Spikes did.  Even what Palmer did is better than this.  He quit when he didn't get his way.   He didn't just quit on Mike Brown, he quit on his teammates.  I would have respected him more if he held out, but no...he only acted up when it effected him personally.  There is zero evidence it was about the team.

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Dunlap should have known that years ago.  He didn't care until it impacted his playing time.  I can respect what Spikes did.  Even what Palmer did is better than this.  He quit when he didn't get his way.   He didn't just quit on Mike Brown, he quit on his teammates.  I would have respected him more if he held out, but no...he only acted up when it effected him personally.  There is zero evidence it was about the team.

What evidence do you have he quit on his team?  He didn’t refuse to play.  He didn’t sit out.  The coaches reduced his role and he wasn’t happy with it.  Complaining does not equal quitting. 

Oh, and having a 6th string rookie as your starting left and right tackle was brilliant.  See you in 2022 Joe. 

On 11/20/2020 at 4:38 PM, fluhartz said:

that's not the point, we know that shit isn't changing.

he still shouldn't have been a crybaby

He went to management in week 2 like a man. They responded by telling him he wouldn't be traded and reduced his playing time.

He went on Instagram and "Cried like a baby" and got traded. My phone is blowing up with stories about how Dunlap has invigorated the Seattle defense this week.

So... I'm not sure what honorable intentions you have ascribed to the man who had to be begged to take 2 first round picks for Carson, but I posit that Dunlap did not have the option to keep this in house and get a satisfactory resolution. Mike Brown and Katie both have solid reps for being obstinate assholes. Scientifically speaking, Dunlap got what he wanted.

You're free to disagree, but I'm not sure how much you think the Bengals are owed because they drafted a guy to play for the worst team in the league. Yeah, we paid him... So would have the other 31 teams.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Dunlap's contract was adjusted due to the trade. He's due a roster + workout bonus of $4mill next yr plus a salary of over $10 mill. The Seahawks are singing his praises now but whether they keep him next yr will be a true test of their "love"

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/carlos-dunlap-6562/#

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Looks like Dunlap's contract was adjusted due to the trade. He's due a roster + workout bonus of $4mill next yr plus a salary of over $10 mill. The Seahawks are singing his praises now but whether they keep him next yr will be a true test of their "love"

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/carlos-dunlap-6562/#

He had 4 sacks in 3 games. 14 M doesn't even put him in the top 5 for DE's, and the hawks got him for peanuts this year. Once FA deals get signed, he won't even be in the top 10.

You must be a Bengal fan if you think they're going to blink at paying a productive pass rusher.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Dunlap is playing for a great organization right now.  He has already made $70 mil as a player. He will take a pay cut to achieve something he can tell his grandchildren.  Not sure why this is hard. 

He'd be smart to take a pay cut to stay there. It all comes down to what the 'Hawks will offer him. Salary cap issues in the NFL are often "hard". I'm only saying that it's a situation worth following

• 4 weeks later...

Archived