Good, Bad, and Ugly (Titans)

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

William Jackson III is up after this year. I suspect we try to keep him.

He's been bad this year, IMO.  I think PFF grades him decently, but watching he seems to be out of position a LOT.  Now, he's not play as bad as Sims who will line up 10 yards off of a WR on 3rd & 1, but he's not playing well IMO.  Some of that could be due to lack of a pass rush so it's hard to tell.

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

He's been bad this year, IMO.  I think PFF grades him decently, but watching he seems to be out of position a LOT.  Now, he's not play as bad as Sims who will line up 10 yards off of a WR on 3rd & 1, but he's not playing well IMO.  Some of that could be due to lack of a pass rush so it's hard to tell.

I thought the general consensus was WJIII was playing quite well. 

59 minutes ago, Griever said:

Some great film here, plus Baldy's commentary is pretty funny. You may have to watch in the actual YouTube app though:

You should have started a new topic on film highlights ..

This would be your premier and signature highlight..

Nothing more I can say about JB that the whole country doesnt know by now..

Great watching the Oline look a lil brutish for a change!

Tks for sharing..

14 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I actually agree. I am a big William Jackson fan but, I admit, his play has been fairly average this season. I even notice at times QBs are targeting him a bit. I would 100% still like the Bengals to re-sign him but I don't think this has been his best showing. The Bengals, in my opinion, have a very short list of "must re-signs" over the next two offseasons but, he's still on mine along with Jessie Bates.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I actually agree. I am a big William Jackson fan but, I admit, his play has been fairly average this season. I even notice at times QBs are targeting him a bit. I would 100% still like the Bengals to re-sign him but I don't think this has been his best showing. The Bengals, in my opinion, have a very short list of "must re-signs" over the next two offseasons but, he's still on mine along with Jessie Bates.

What about Carl Lawson?

He's due at the end of the season.

I like him but fear he's more smoke than fire too much of the time.

Not lining up in the neutral zone is something you learn the first day

in Junior High football and he has done it twice in the NFL in the last two weeks.

I noted before that he was doing it vs Cleveland several times before he was flagged.

5 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

You can't be too hard on the secondary when you've got a patchwork DL unit that can generate ZERO pass rush. It all starts up front with the two back units being greatly influenced by the front one. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

What about Carl Lawson?

He's due at the end of the season.

I like him but fear he's more smoke than fire too much of the time.

Not lining up in the neutral zone is something you learn the first day

in Junior High football and he has done it twice in the NFL in the last two weeks.

I noted before that he was doing it vs Cleveland several times before he was flagged.

I agree with you. I am somewhere in the middle with him. My preference would be for him to stay. He's only 25 and has certainly shown some interesting flashes. As I mentioned in another post, he gets a heck of a lot of QB Hits which I'd like to see turn in to sacks. Probably comes down to dollars for me. Is he a keep at all cost? Definitely not. On a reasonable contract? Sure, absolutely.

Same would go for Mackensie Alexander, Brandon Wilson, Randy Bullock, Mike Daniels and Auden Tate. My other "gotta sign" would be Sam Hubbard.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

You can't be too hard on the secondary when you've got a patchwork DL unit that can generate ZERO pass rush. It all starts up front and the two back units are greatly influenced by the front one. 

100% agreed. I am actually comfortable going in to next season with essentially the same secondary. I think all told they've done a solid job, all things considered. 

I actually really like Alexander. Not a superstar by any means but he's a sticky little dude in coverage and he's definitely not afraid to stick his nose in there in the run game. That was a really solid signing for them, IMO. 

38 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

100% agreed. I am actually comfortable going in to next season with essentially the same secondary. I think all told they've done a solid job, all things considered. 

How long is Trae Waynes signed for and will he be back next year?

29 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

How long is Trae Waynes signed for and will he be back next year?

As Jamie said, he will still have two seasons left on his contract and will be back next season. I think with him and the existing group that played this year, I'd be comfortable with the secondary. Vonn Bell has struggled in pass protection but, again, overall the group has played well with little support from the pass rush.

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

You can't be too hard on the secondary when you've got a patchwork DL unit that can generate ZERO pass rush. It all starts up front with the two back units being greatly influenced by the front one. 

Bingo....

Why does the Stealers secondary look good?

Because they dont have to cover nearly as long as our Dbacks do..

With pressure up front our guys would look every bit as good as theirs..

Jesus we need a couple bonavide pass rushers next year..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Jesus we need a couple bonavide pass rushers next year..

Yeah unless you get a chance at Sewell in the draft (highly unlikely at this point) finding a pass rusher has to be the number one priority, IMO. 

Archived