2020 Offensive Potential

26 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Totally agree.  I have no issues with Burrow at this point.  It's the offense around him, specifically the line and lack of competent speed at WR.  For me, his arm strength was a concern going into the draft.  I'm thinking about bad weather games in Cincy, Pitt, Baltimore and Cleveland and really trying to drive the ball in the wind.  Luckily, we haven't had one of those games yet and he may prove to be able to handle that better than Baker did yesterday.

We did though... Sunday was massively windy in one direction.  They couldn't kick it on the kickoff past the 20.  Joe seemed fine (granted they threw it short a lot - but they always do).

OL is really interesting. It seems absurd after the first few games but that might get fixed over the next 9 weeks. 

So many options.....

LT Jonah Williams. He is set and I believe he will be back from injury asap?

LG Spain-Jordan-XSF

Spain would be my leader here. Why would he leave the Bills because he was angry he wasn't starting only to come here and not start? He has the most experience at the position and was solid a day after signing and not practicing.

Jordan had his best game against the Browns before his injury but overall has been pretty bad. I would hand this position to Spain and give him a 3 year deal.

C Hopkins-Price-Finney

Hopkins has been steady but not spectacular and Price has been the same over the last 2 games. If Price can play C it's very possible our best pair is Price at C and Hopkins at RG.

RG Redmond, Hopkins, XSF, Finney, Jordan

Redmond has been surprisingly solid. I can't remember at all about how well Hopkins played at RG, XSF played well in the first game, Jordan is an interesting guy, Finney is wildcard after playing well in limited time in Pitt.

RT

Johnson played well last year and this past game, Hart was improving.

If everyone was healthy I would go with either

LT Williams-Adeniji
LG Spain-Jordan
C Hopkins-Price-Finney
RG XSF-Redmond
RT Johnson-Hart

or

LT Williams-Adeniji
LG Spain-Jordan
C Price-Finney
RG Hopkins-XSF-Redmond
RT Johnson-Hart

21 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

OL is really interesting. It seems absurd after the first few games but that might get fixed over the next 9 weeks. 

So many options.....

LT Jonah Williams. He is set and I believe he will be back from injury asap?

LG Spain-Jordan-XSF

Spain would be my leader here. Why would he leave the Bills because he was angry he wasn't starting only to come here and not start? He has the most experience at the position and was solid a day after signing and not practicing.

Jordan had his best game against the Browns before his injury but overall has been pretty bad. I would hand this position to Spain and give him a 3 year deal.

C Hopkins-Price-Finney

Hopkins has been steady but not spectacular and Price has been the same over the last 2 games. If Price can play C it's very possible our best pair is Price at C and Hopkins at RG.

RG Redmond, Hopkins, XSF, Finney, Jordan

Redmond has been surprisingly solid. I can't remember at all about how well Hopkins played at RG, XSF played well in the first game, Jordan is an interesting guy, Finney is wildcard after playing well in limited time in Pitt.

RT

Johnson played well last year and this past game, Hart was improving.

If everyone was healthy I would go with either

LT Williams-Adeniji
LG Spain-Jordan
C Hopkins-Price-Finney
RG XSF-Redmond
RT Johnson-Hart

or

LT Williams-Adeniji
LG Spain-Jordan
C Price-Finney
RG Hopkins-XSF-Redmond
RT Johnson-Hart

Williams Spain Hopkins XSF Hart..

I think theyll try and play this unit when healthy..

Good backups now with Adenijji Johnson Price and Redmond..

Jordan is getting buried on the depth chart for now..i have no idea what if anything Finney brings to help out..

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

It’s almost like he didn’t have a preseason to get ready..

1 hour ago, Griever said:

It's almost like he's a rookie or something

One thing I noticed Sunday at the game that I found an impressive intangible

was the command of the offense and players before the snap.

He was constantly shifting players around sometimes multiple times

to get things just the way he wanted in the situation and as dictated by the defense.

And how the receivers responded to him like he was a pro bowl vet who had been there for years.

Confidence and respect.

This guy is amazing in so many ways.

Another good video, this time from JT O'Sullivan. If you got 20 min to kill, this gets pretty in-depth. I like that he focuses on both the positives and the negatives. Pretty interesting to see how the plays develop and oportunities for improvement.

14 hours ago, High School Harry said:

...And how the receivers responded to him like he was a pro bowl vet who had been there for years.

Confidence and respect.

This guy is amazing in so many ways.

We must also give credit to those wide receivers.

32 minutes ago, Griever said:

Another good video, this time from JT O'Sullivan. If you got 20 min to kill, this gets pretty in-depth. I like that he focuses on both the positives and the negatives. Pretty interesting to see how the plays develop and oportunities for improvement.

Nice.

On the last play that he shows, note what Joe does after he throws the ball.  This ended up being a very tight window, with the safety coming in pretty quick.  

I interpret Joe’s movement after the throw as recognition that there is a chance that the pass could be intercepted by the safety...and Joe is getting himself ready to make a tackle, if needed.

23 hours ago, spicoli said:

Williams - Spain - Price - Hopkins/Filo - Johnson

I’ve been extremely impressed with what Price has given them this year.

23 hours ago, spicoli said:

Williams - Spain - Price - Hopkins/Filo - Johnson

I’ve been extremely impressed with what Price has given them this year.

All year or the last two games??

I will say hes looked like a good center these past two and your right even if Hopkins is healthy I might keep rollin with him..

Ive seen posts of Hopkins at guard..Didnt he play guard earlier and didnt pan out?

Personally Im not high on Hopkins..mediocre player..

He was just better than Russell Bodine!

On 11/2/2020 at 3:18 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We have a TE, Pro Bowl potential we drafted well ahead of projections...now what was his name again, Simple? Semple? Did it rhyme with a female body part? 

But he's solid if not a huge value for where he was drafted.

Fortunately we can back our bet with a TE with pass catching potential in FA as the position doesn't command a bunch of $, right?

33 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

But he's solid if not a huge value for where he was drafted.

Fortunately we can back our bet with a TE with pass catching potential in FA as the position doesn't command a bunch of $, right?

Drew Samples just fine..

His blocking is allways improving..Throw him the ball and he catches it..

Hes going to be a good one..

CJ Uzamah will be back next year as well..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Drew Samples just fine..

His blocking is allways improving..Throw him the ball and he catches it..

Hes going to be a good one..

CJ Uzamah will be back next year as well..

Uzamah will be cut. Makes too much money for an Achilles survivor. 

Archived