2020 Offensive Potential

On 11/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, JungleJohn said:

I did not like the Sample pick when it happened and there were better players there that we could have really used. But frankly I have been impressed with Samples direction. He is catching the ball and going down tough. He has blown a few DBs out of their cleats in his downfield blocking as well. No, I don't see ProBowl or anything but I don't think we have seen the best out of him yet. I am all for upgrading any position where it can happen but I don't think TE is a top need. He is a pretty tough guy and he fights. We can always use fighters on this team.

Drew Sample has looked promising here and there (5 catches 52 Yds @ CLE 10-25) but he was taken many rounds before he deserved to be. Just scroll through the players Cincy could have drafted instead....2019 NFL Draft

28 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Drew Sample has looked promising here and there (5 catches 52 Yds @ CLE 10-25) but he was taken many rounds before he deserved to be. Just scroll through the players Cincy could have drafted instead....2019 NFL Draft

DK Metcalf is the huge one here. They could have used a WR there so it's not like they passed over him due to need. They missed a future Hall of Famer

25 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

So did other teams..

Maybe we have a future hall if famer in Higgins!

That doesn't give me much solace. Other teams may not have had the need for a WR like we did. Metcalf had a much higher ceiling that Sample. It's debatable whether Sample's ceiling is worthy of a 2nd rd pick.

You do bring up a good point on Higgins. This pick was widely criticized by many Bengal fans due to the need on the Offensive and Defensive lines. I like the pick. Given the vast needs on this team, I felt it was a place for best available player and I think they nailed that with Higgins. In fact I think their 2020 draft has the makings of an outstanding one. It looks like they already have a couple future All Pros and some other future starters

Archived