Waiver wire pick ups?

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tennessee-titans-release-olb-vic-231419452.html

Titans releasing CB Jonathan Joseph and LB Vic Beasely

Upgrades to what we have for the remainder of the season?

Beasely has played terrible..

Joseph has slowed down and a liability now...he 36 1/2 yrs old..

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

I know one mans junk is another mans treasure, but these two got released for a reason..

Beasley has 3 tackles and zero sacks this year

Pass 

He had 16 sacks  few yrs ago..

Not much since..

Hes still young..

Maybe injuries..

No clue why hes fallen...

I couldn't believe it when I realized earlier this season that JJoe was still playing.

Beasley is definitely a Bengals style pick up. The Bengals used to be pretty good at reclamation projects like Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Wallace Gilberry, Dhani Jones, Cedric Benson, Mike Nugent and even Vontaze Burfict, Beasley is still young and has definitely shown he's capable. I wouldn't hate them taking a shot although the fact he could only get a one year contract coming off of an 8 sacks season and then got cut halfway through that contract seems pretty telling. 

9 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I couldn't believe it when I realized earlier this season that JJoe was still playing.

Beasley is definitely a Bengals style pick up. The Bengals used to be pretty good at reclamation projects like Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Wallace Gilberry, Mike Nugent and even Vontaze Burfict, Beasley is still young and has definitely shown he's capable. I wouldn't hate them taking a shot although the fact he could only get a one year contract coming off of an 8 sacks season and then got cut halfway through that contract seems pretty telling. 

I checked him out a lil just now..

Fell outta favor with Falcons after the one big sack year..

Tennessee signed him 1 yr 9.5 mil

and first thing he does is miss 10 scheduled days with Titans who fined him 500k..

He may be a headcase..

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I live in Atlanta, hard pass on Beasley. He's talented but has zero passion for the game. He's a big reason why the coach and GM got fired, they went all in on Beasley and he didn't produce....or show that he gave a damn

Another talent with no grit to his game..

We need warriors not weiners..

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Another talent with no grit to his game..

We need warriors not weiners..

The Marvengals would have had him here in a heartbeat.

Great project for Redeeming.

The Bengals have been the Home for Lazy Pouting Malcontents long enough.

Ref Cordy Glenn and, unfortunately, Carloser Dunlap.

I find it more interesting and telling that they did not sign him than I would have it they did.

Good Non Move.

(prepared to eat my words later when he is signed to a multi year contract but for now... )

Another addition to the All Meh Practice Fodder Squad.

The Cincinnati Bengals actually made a move on NFL Trade Deadline day, though it wasn’t a trade with anyone.

Instead, the Bengals signed cornerback Brian Allen to the practice squad and released linebacker Kendall Donnerson from it, the team announced Tuesday.

Allen, who weighs in at 6-3 and 215 pounds, is a third-year player out of the University of Utah and was a fifth-round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Stealers in 2017. He later spent time with the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills and San Francisco 49ers. He has played in 17 career games and has six tackles.

This move could be to give the Bengals more cornerback depth after Darius Phillips went down with a knee injury Sunday vs. the Tennessee Titans. It’s unclear how long he’ll be sidelined.

Donnerson, a first-year player out of Southeast Missouri State, was signed to Cincinnati’s practice squad on Sept. 30 and has been there ever since. He was never activated to the gameday roster.

Archived