Fire Zac Shula and go after Jim Harbaugh...

18 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

As a tOSU alum I want Harbaugh right where he is. The only bad thing is that he has taken the greatest college football rivalry and made it irrelevant.  

The irrelevancy started before Harbaugh..

Something 15 out of 16 years..

He hasnt changed it..

Like i posted awhile back neither Harbaugh or Michigan can recruit an outstanding QB.

Until they get that right the beat(ing) goes on..

On 11/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, claptonrocks said:

He hasnt changed it..

Like i posted awhile back neither Harbaugh or Michigan can recruit an outstanding QB.

Oh things have changed. 15 out of 16 years Mich didn't lose to the likes of Indiana and Mich St. Harbaugh has turned them into Rutgers and that's quite a feat.

1 win and we're better than last year.  It's very premature to be looking at a replacement, how fast do you think the turn around is going to be?  Do we have the players for a turn around, how fast do you think it will be to get them?  smh.  4 years at least is what we should give unless there is zero improvement, we knew it would be a while to switch from what Marvin put in place, it's time to wait it out.

we have maybe 10 good players, this organization cannot build a winning team with the current personnel department size and the crappy coaching staff. it is just plain as day. Mikey needs to stroke out for there to be even a glimmer of hope. And that glimmer would have to be Katie actually investing in the team. 

Everyone was excited when we drafted the next Manning, but looks like JB will be another Archie. This team is too fucking stupid to even realize how they could use him to increase the value of the franchise. His talent will be wasted until his contract is up. But hey, keep waiting for Zac Shula and Dufus Tobin to turn it around. 

On 11/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, claptonrocks said:

He hasnt changed it..

Or possibly, that psycho ruins every QB he gets his hands on.  Kaepernick looked like Mahomes when he started, but we watched his play decline under Harbaugh.  The guy is not right in the head and his days as a relevant coach are over.

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

It's worth noting that we control Burrow for 7 yrs, 4 yr contract, option year, then they can franchise him for two more

Sure, but there's no guarantee Mike Brown will be dead by then (or even trying to control the team from the grave via will codicils). There's no particular reason to think Katie and Troy will be more successful than Katie's dad. 

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

It's worth noting that we control Burrow for 7 yrs, 4 yr contract, option year, then they can franchise him for two more

Well we control him for 4 years plus the option at which point if we still blow chunks and our small scouting staff wank over workout warriors he will pretty much tell the team to FO. Unlike most in the organization, he actually wants to win and will do what he can for that, but eventually he will see it as a lost cause. 

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Or possibly, that psycho ruins every QB he gets his hands on.  Kaepernick looked like Mahomes when he started, but we watched his play decline under Harbaugh.  The guy is not right in the head and his days as a relevant coach are over.

Harbaugh told players to not eat chicken because its an anxious bird and could make their anxiety levels go up gametime!.

Wtf!!

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Harbaugh told players to not eat chicken because its an anxious bird and could make their anxiety levels go up gametime!.

Wtf!!

If this team was to replace zac,witch I dough.they need to get someone who can compete in this division, and who doesn't have a finesse offensive or defensive scheme.

It's bad when you've got arguably the hottest shit #1 pick college football has every produced leading your team and you can't be bothered to watch  them play their arch rival. It's also sad when you are your arch rival's 4th-most arch rival.

Stealers mark two wins on their calendar before even looking at their schedule. year after year. decade after decade.

Zac stinks. He's going to be fired at some point for failing to win. Why wait three more years?

18 minutes ago, BENGALS666 said:

It's bad when you've got arguably the hottest shit #1 pick college football has every produced leading your team and you can't be bothered to watch  them play their arch rival. It's also sad when you are your arch rival's 4th-most arch rival.

Stealers mark two wins on their calendar before even looking at their schedule. year after year. decade after decade.

Zac stinks. He's going to be fired at some point for failing to win. Why wait three more years?

I assume your last question was rhetorical.

Just for shits and giggles....

here are the OL the Bengals had playing yesterday against the NFLs top defense due to health/sickness...

Hakeem Adeniji

Quinton Spain

Trey Hopkins

Alex Redmond

Michael Jordan....essentially 5 OG's.

here are the CBs they had to go up against Ben and those WRs due to injury/sickness...

William Jackson

Tony Brown

Jalen Davis......that's it, just 3 TOTAL and Davis had been on the team a week.

Now Zac Taylor may very well not be able to coach himself out of a wet paper bag, the jury is still out on that for me but, what NFL HC is going to go into Pitt and beat that team under those circumstances? I'm gonna say likely none. I would actually say that most are going to come out of there with about the same result. Sorry, but no one is going to look good going against a top level team in the NFL when you are forced to play bottom of the roster players at key spots for 4 qtrs. It's just not feasible. 

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Just for shits and giggles....

here are the OL the Bengals had playing yesterday against the NFLs top defense due to health/sickness...

Hakeem Adeniji

Quinton Spain

Trey Hopkins

Alex Redmond

Michael Jordan....essentially 5 OG's.

here are the CBs they had to go up against Ben and those WRs due to injury/sickness...

William Jackson

Tony Brown

Jalen Davis......that's it, just 3 TOTAL and Davis had been on the team a week.

Now Zac Taylor may very well not be able to coach himself out of a wet paper bag, the jury is still out on that for me but, what NFL HC is going to go into Pitt and beat that team under those circumstances? I'm gonna say likely none. I would actually say that most are going to come out of there with about the same result. Sorry, but no one is going to look good going against a top level team in the NFL when you are forced to play bottom of the roster players at key spots for 4 qtrs. It's just not feasible. 

Our best players are average NFL players.  Our subs are what they are.   We have maybe 2 players who are pro bowl worthy. 

15 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

how fast do you think the turn around is going to be?

Faster than hoping to hit 8-8 and maybe sniff the playoffs on year 3 of Taylor's alleged "system".

The FO isn't willing to embrace the work involved in a full rebuild, so we keep flailing along with moves like franchise tagging AJ Green.  Makes absolutely no sense if you're trying to rebuild.   Are they really?

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Our best players are average NFL players.  Our subs are what they are.   We have maybe 2 players who are pro bowl worthy. 

And when you’re forced to play 5 OGs on the line against that defense and when you only have 3 healthy CBs on the roster against that passing game, you have absolutely no shot. That’s really all I’m saying. As bad as the roster is, what they had to play with yesterday is borderline criminal. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

And when you’re forced to play 5 OGs on the line against that defense and when you only have 3 healthy CBs on the roster against that passing game, you have absolutely no shot. That’s really all I’m saying. As bad as the roster is, what they had to play with yesterday is borderline criminal. 

I agree. If your replacing a very subpar group of starters with their backups, well it ain’t gonna be pretty.  

7 hours ago, BENGALS666 said:

Because hes been at the helm for a year and a half..

If your looking for miracles your not going to get it..

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Faster than hoping to hit 8-8 and maybe sniff the playoffs on year 3 of Taylor's alleged "system".

The FO isn't willing to embrace the work involved in a full rebuild, so we keep flailing along with moves like franchise tagging AJ Green.  Makes absolutely no sense if you're trying to rebuild.   Are they really?

Not much a coach can do if the FO isn't buying in, so switching coaches would be pointless like this thread.  

10 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Not much a coach can do if the FO isn't buying in, so switching coaches would be pointless like this thread.  

Catch 22. A coach with any potential or successful background would call out how the front office operates in any interview (did Coughlin not do that?) so he would not get hired or he would refuse any offer. So then you need a lacky who thinks he can bring success within the failed business model. 

Archived