DE Takk McKinley

3 minutes ago, Spotto said:

Agreed!  The old Bengals don't make this move even though it is just about no risk but a positive upside.  

I'd like to thank Dunlap for being a baby; since then, our last few weeks off-field have created a positive conversation about the football department for once.

And if Takk can turn his situation around we get a younger guy to replace Dunlap without having to go to the draft to do it, letting us spend our draft pick on O-line

13 hours ago, fluhartz said:

it's weird how employee 96 was so cool on and off the field forever

and then just turned in to a shit show this year... It sucks, I always liked the dude.

Still a great guy off the field... Good luck Los 

Some folks do not handle adversity well. 

On 11/9/2020 at 9:20 PM, claptonrocks said:

Hes underachieved  since he was drafted.

He may be a  decent rotational player but at what cost?

Let the 49ers have him since theyre so interested..

The cost wasnt much..

See how he fares in the rotation..

Katy aint playin!!

No real downside and possible upside. Kick the tires. If they are flat move on. The guy has a big ego but he can't feed it if he is out of the game. If he comes here and lights a fire under himself and gets some pressures, fumbles and sacks while being a decent team mate he could get another contract for decent money here of somewhere else. If he isn't smart enough to figure that out for himself I would think someone else would let him know. There isn't a big market for a meh player who is a pain in the ass and he could end up sweeping fly crap off of bread shelves for a living. We should get all he has. Lets see how much that is. 

21 hours ago, fluhartz said:

it's weird how employee 96 was so cool on and off the field forever

and then just turned in to a shit show this year... It sucks, I always liked the dude.

Still a great guy off the field... Good luck Los 

Consider the possibility that he had a good reason to speak out the way he did.   

Crazy to me that fans accept this as the most dysfunctional ownership in pro sports but can't seem to get their heads around a player stating the obvious.

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Crazy to me that fans accept this as the most dysfunctional ownership in pro sports but can't seem to get their heads around a player stating the obvious.

Fact is they paid millions to him..

His age and performances led to 

free  him up..

The rest of his banter was immature and not business like..

Hope he does allright with the Seahawks

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He spoke out because he didn't like what was happening to HIM, not the team.  He never seemed to care that the team was a shitshow until HE lost playing time.  No credit from me.

He got what he wanted, which was out.  Frankly, do you think he gives a shit what a bunch of Bengals fans think?

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I can understand why he'd mouth off but I don't appreciate how he dogged it on the field. If he had any pride in his craft that wouldn't happen

On 11/12/2020 at 7:12 PM, Jamie_B said:

And if Takk can turn his situation around we get a younger guy to replace Dunlap without having to go to the draft to do it, letting us spend our draft pick on O-line

He's not signed for next yr but yeah, we'll see where this goes. I like that he's gotta be motivated to play this year.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:11 PM, High School Harry said:

I was just about to call him Tickky Takk.

As in since we have added Tickky Takk (now number 96), Sam Hubbard and Xavier S'ua-Filo are off IR, what roster moves

are we going to make to accommodate them?  Geno to IR? Someone else?  And???

So much drama before Sunday.

Hopefully he will become “Attakk” McKinley. 😉🙂

On 11/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, membengal said:

The protocol is in place because of the travel necessary to join the new team. Lots of chances for exposure. 

Now that I think about it, why didn't this apply to Quinton Spain? He was out of the league yet he was allowed to step right in and play

16 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Now that I think about it, why didn't this apply to Quinton Spain? He was out of the league yet he was allowed to step right in and play

I think the delay in signing him was to see if he passed the Covid razzmatazz.

He had already passed so he was plug in and play.

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I’m not saying I agree with the rule but, a player coming in from another team must, by rule, undergo a full battery of COVID-19 testing by his new team before he can enter the building. That means five consecutive days of negative tests and then a negative point-of-care test on the morning of the sixth day.

Spain arrived on Monday to begin the process prior to signing so he could be available by Sunday. McKinley on the other hand wasn’t picked up until Wednesday which doesn’t allow enough time to clear protocol. Similar to why Dunlap couldn’t play his first game for Seattle. Again, not saying I necessarily agree with the rule but, that’s the reason.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. I didn't realize Spain actually arrived on Monday and began this process. I think the rule is nuts. McKinley's tests from another NFL team should cross over to the Bengals. I'll also add that as a general rule, you don't start testing positive until at least day 5 after exposure, thus those 5 consecutive days of negatives are really a false sense of security. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Or incompetent "leaders"...is it adversity if its self inflicted?

Dunlap had no problems with losing and incompetent leaders for years.  Resigned multiple times.  He only acted up when he fell in the depth chart.  Did his teammates support him?  Nope.  To Dunlap it was always about Dunlap.  Dunlap was part of the problem no matter how talented.  He needed to go. 

39 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Dunlap had no problems with losing and incompetent leaders for years.  Resigned multiple times.  He only acted up when he fell in the depth chart.  Did his teammates support him?  Nope.  To Dunlap it was always about Dunlap.  Dunlap was part of the problem no matter how talented.  He needed to go. 

Dunlap and Anamaru bumped heads from the beginning, it something to do with how he was being used, and it came to a head a few weeks ago. It wasn't a good fit from day 1 and neither guy was going to budge. 

Some of his teammates did support him, the guys on the offense were the ones that mainly spoke out, not the defense. The guys who spoke out against Dunlap were guys who just signed long term extensions as well, Boyd and Mixon, so they have 40 million reasons to be company men. 

You are right that he needed to go and Mike Brown refuse to trade talent even when it's in his best interest, see AJ Green, John Ross, etc...so he did what he did.

Archived