Stooler week

The Cincinnati Bengals have designated Sam Hubbard to return from injured reserve.

Cincinnati dropped the news coming out of the bye week and ahead of its Week 10 game against the Pittsburgh Stealers.

Hubbard went on injured reserve in mid-October with an elbow injury suffered during the team’s Week 5 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

During his absence, the Bengals have continually struggled to get consistent pressure on quarterbacks and also traded away Carlos Dunlap. Hubbard’s a versatile piece that coordinator Lou Anarumo likes to move around and assign different responsibilities.

On paper, Hubbard’s return means a big boost for the defense in a variety of ways. He’s cleared to practice after the IR designation meant he had to sit out for at least three weeks.

Hubbard, along with big names like Joe Mixon, will be ones to watch on the injury report this week starting Wednesday.

What I'm most interested in watching tomorrow is our defense. Does it look like it can stop anyone, particularly in the 4th qtr. That's our key to making significant improvements. We know the offense even with this O-line, can move the ball. If the defense is still a sieve then we're the Atl Falcons. I'm hopeful that Hubbard makes an impact and that the rest helps Geno. I don't know when we'll see Takk but he might help too. 

7 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

What I'm most interested in watching tomorrow is our defense. Does it look like it can stop anyone, particularly in the 4th qtr. That's our key to making significant improvements. We know the offense even with this O-line, can move the ball. If the defense is still a sieve then we're the Atl Falcons. I'm hopeful that Hubbard makes an impact and that the rest helps Geno. I don't know when we'll see Takk but he might help too. 

Is Hubbard even playing? Off the Covid Curse list long enough and up to speed with strength and stamina?

And my personal dark/dead horse, Margus, with more playing time at DT.

The boy definitely makes a dent in the OLine and is disruptive.

Too bad most of our linebackers suck and can't cash in on it.

10 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Is Hubbard even playing? Off the Covid Curse list long enough and up to speed with strength and stamina?

And my personal dark/dead horse, Margus, with more playing time at DT.

The boy definitely makes a dent in the OLine and is disruptive.

Too bad most of our linebackers suck and can't cash in on it.

Hell yeah he's playing. Where you been?

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-hubbard-back-just-in-time-for-big-ben-s-second-hand-mixon-hart-don-t-

I'd love for Margus to prove me wrong but IMO he's an athlete, not a football player. That means you'll see him "almost" make all kinds of plays but actual production (sacks, tackles for loss) will not happen much

3 hours ago, saphead said:

Margus would've been good at those strong man competitions in the 80's when those crazy dudes would pull a 747 with a rope in their mouth. 

They still do those and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him going that route that when all is said and done with his NFL career. He'd actually be really good at it, IMO. 

Bengals place John Ross, Darius Phillips on I.R., elevate several players from practice squad

The Bengals’ roster now sits at 55 players heading into their Week 10 matchup against the Stealers.

By John Sheeran@John__Sheeran  Nov 14, 2020, 3:22pm EST 

Ian Johnson/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The Cincinnati Bengals have made their final roster moves before going on the road to take on the Pittsburgh Stealers.

DE Sam Hubbard has been activated from the Reserve/Injured list. Hubbard, a third-year player out of Ohio State, had been on Reserve/Injured since October 15th with an elbow injury that he suffered in Week 5 against the Baltimore Ravens. He was cleared to return to practice on Tuesday. Sunday will be Hubbard’s sixth game of the 2020 season.

CB Darius Phillips and WR John Ross III have been placed on the Reserve/Injured list. Phillips, a third-year player out of Western Michigan, suffered a groin injury in Week 8 against the Tennessee Titans. Ross, a fourth-year player out of the University of Washington, suffered a foot injury in practice on Thursday while the team was reportedly using him at cornerback. 

WR Stanley Morgan, CB Jalen Davis, G Quinton Spain, and DT Kahlil McKenzie have been elevated from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday’s game against the Stealers. Morgan and Davis are classified as standard elevations, while Spain and McKenzie are COVID-19 replacements for OT Fred Johnson and DT Margus Hunt. As practice squad players being elevated to the active roster for the game, all four players automatically will revert to the practice squad on Monday.

These moves put the Bengals at 55 players on the active roster, which means they’ll have seven players listed as inactive on Sunday.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals place John Ross, on I.R., elevate several players from practice squad

The Bengals’ roster now sits at 55 players heading into their Week 10 matchup against the Stealers.

By John Sheeran@John__Sheeran  Nov 14, 2020, 3:22pm EST 

Ross, a fourth-year player out of the University of Washington, suffered a foot injury in practice on Thursday while the team was reportedly using him at cornerback. 

My how far the former #9 pick has fallen. 

59 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My how far the former #9 pick has fallen. 

Captain Obvious reports that John Ross was put on IR to get him off the active roster and not burn a space on the game day inactive list.

Yeah, illegal per NFL rules but so is hammering the quarterback after the release of the ball.  Not that that ever happens :rolleyes:

Long time, no see all!

Just wanted to drop in and say I love Burrow, and really looking forward to seeing him play against my team today.  Tomlin teams have historically had let down games against teams with significantly worse records, and I have a feeling this could very well be one of them, especially with how much of a fighter Burrow is.  

Either way, should be a fun one to watch!

48 minutes ago, PutWittyNameHere said:

Long time, no see all!

Just wanted to drop in and say I love Burrow, and really looking forward to seeing him play against my team today.  Tomlin teams have historically had let down games against teams with significantly worse records, and I have a feeling this could very well be one of them, especially with how much of a fighter Burrow is.  

Either way, should be a fun one to watch!

hey man.. you're one of the few stealer fans I like and I don't even know you..lol

I think we can win, I just hope your team doesn't do stealer things and take joe out.. 

Archived