Stooler week

It was pretty clear the team should have ran the ball this game.  We can say that about most games but they didn't even seem to have any kind of short/quick passing game ready to go in a fuggin "wind game".  I've thought so for a while but it's pretty clear to me now that Zac suffers from the same "Former-QB-ism" affliction that Jay Gruden did/does - they will never rely on the run in any game, they always have to make the passing game the "feature", regardless of how the game is going.  That's been ok so far with Joe because he just simply makes it work, but in games like today you have to have something better than "let's pray Joe can carve them up in the wind" as your game plan.

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

It was pretty clear the team should have ran the ball this game.  We can say that about most games but they didn't even seem to have any kind of short/quick passing game ready to go in a fuggin "wind game".  I've thought so for a while but it's pretty clear to me now that Zac suffers from the same "Former-QB-ism" affliction that Jay Gruden did/does - they will never rely on the run in any game, they always have to make the passing game the "feature", regardless of how the game is going.  That's been ok so far with Joe because he just simply makes it work, but in games like today you have to have something better than "let's pray Joe can carve them up in the wind" as your game plan.

I was going to bring this idea to the board and you beat me to it. Zac has got to run the ball more. In the 3rd quarter he ran Perine on 1st down for 11 yards. He then passed it 3 straight times and punted. That's stupid. 

1) This O-line run blocks better than it pass blocks

2) This D is terrible. It behooves them to keep their D on the bench as long as possible

3) It os not ideal for any NFL QB to throw the ball umpteen times a game. This opens Joe to injury and plays right into the other team's hands

I really hope Zac rethinks this pass happy offense

13 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I was going to bring this idea to the board and you beat me to it. Zac has got to run the ball more. In the 3rd quarter he ran Perine on 1st down for 11 yards. He then passed it 3 straight times and punted. That's stupid. 

1) This O-line run blocks better than it pass blocks

2) This D is terrible. It behooves them to keep their D on the bench as long as possible

3) It os not ideal for any NFL QB to throw the ball umpteen times a game. This opens Joe to injury and plays right into the other team's hands

I really hope Zac rethinks this pass happy offense

He may once Mixon returns but make no mistake he's one of the pass happy HCs in the league..

Archived