Sewer Brewer: Week 10

Darius Phillips is out which makes his replacement an obvious contender.

Looks like it will be Tony "Bobby" Brown.

I assume the Stealers' prerogative will be to target this bum early and often.

Week 1: Randy Bullocks

Week 2: John Ross

Week 3: Billy Price is Wrong

Week 4: Drew Urine Sample

Week 5: AJ Green

Week 6: Darius Wilson Phillips

Week 7: Darius Wilson Phillips

Week 8: Carl Lawson

1 minute ago, tibor75 said:

Not at all.

Laughable given the praise you have heaped on Andy Dullton, Marvin Lewis, and Zak Morris

You must be confused. Marvin and Andy aren't here and I've said several times Taylor gets 3 years before you know what you have.

But I do know Harbaugh.... :24:

Just throwing it out here that AJ had 0 catches. Redmond had a couple really bad plays in addition to the terrible penalty.

Erickson set the tone with the early fumble and then later letting the ball hit around the 15 and roll to the 2. Those are bone head. I suggest Erickson.

3 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

Just throwing it out here that AJ had 0 catches. Redmond had a couple really bad plays in addition to the terrible penalty.

AJ has cashed it in.  Like Dunlop, he has played for himself for so long he forgot how to be a good teammate.  Part of that is being Bengalized and part on him. 

• AJ - 3 drops (I don't think anybody is realizing that like the first or second pass of the game went right through his arms as he slid on the ground).  Also potentially ran the wrong route when he and Boyd both ran the same one.
  • Tony Brown - the dude stinks, but giving him the Brewer is almost the same as if they sent me out there and I get the Brewer for simply being not NFL worthy.
  • Redmond - stupid penalties and a couple brain farts but what else is new?
  • Erickson - back-breaking fumble to start the game after the defense actually stopped the Stealers, obliterating the unexpected momentum.  Later, lets a punt drop outside the 10 and it rolls out comfortably around  the 4.

27 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:
  • AJ - 3 drops (I don't think anybody is realizing that like the first or second pass of the game went right through his arms as he slid on the ground).  Also potentially ran the wrong route when he and Boyd both ran the same one.
  • Tony Brown - the dude stinks, but giving him the Brewer is almost the same as if they sent me out there and I get the Brewer for simply being not NFL worthy.
  • Redmond - stupid penalties and a couple brain farts but what else is new?
  • Erickson - back-breaking fumble to start the game after the defense actually stopped the Stealers, obliterating the unexpected momentum.  Later, lets a punt drop outside the 10 and it rolls out comfortably around  the 4.

These are all great points.  Let's hope Tony Brown is given another opportunity to play extensively and he can get the Brewer then.

But there is one play that set the tone for this putrid display.  The fumble.

The winner is Alex Erickson. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You must be confused. Marvin and Andy aren't here and I've said several times Taylor gets 3 years before you know what you have.

But I do know Harbaugh.... :24:

Are you talking about the Harbaugh who was 5-3 in the playoffs,was 1-1 in  NFC Championship games  and almost won a Super Bowl losing 34-31? A game where his team  had a 4th and goal from the 5 to win it?    

The guy that went 44-19-1 in 4 years with Colin Kapernick as his QB?   

BTW, Harbaugh won as many playoff games in 4 years as all of the other Bengals coaches have combined in 53 years?  

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Are you talking about the Harbaugh who was 5-3 in the playoffs,was 1-1 in  NFC Championship games  and almost won a Super Bowl losing 34-31 over a 4 year period? 

The guy that went 44-19-1 in 4 years with Colin Kapernick as his QB?   

BTW, Harbaugh won as many playoff games in 4 years as all of the other Bengals coaches have combined in 53 years?  

I'm talking about the guy who has Michigan at 1-3 and losing to Wisconsin by a greater margin than we lost today.

33 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm talking about the guy who has Michigan at 1-3 and losing to Wisconsin by a greater margin than we lost today.

So what.  Michigan is an overrated college program that has split 1 National Championship in 70 years and that was 23 years ago.    Elite players don’t want to play in shitty Ann Arbor. The closest major city is shittier Detroit and the academic requirements are difficult.  

Furthermore, Mich and Mich St got totally screwed by their Governor and were NOT allowed to practice nearly as much early on as other teams in the Big 10 other than maybe Rutgers. 

I hate Michigan and think he is a douche but he has won about 70% of his games there and is far more experienced and successful at the NFL level than Jarod Goff’s ole errand boy who is 4-20-1 as a head coach and got his ass whipped after a bye. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So what.  Michigan is an overrated college program that has split 1 National Championship in 70 years and that was 23 years ago.    Elite players don’t want to play in shitty Ann Arbor. The closest major city is   Detroit and the academic requirements are difficult.  

Furthermore, Mich and Mich St got totally screwed by their Governor and were NOT allowed to practice nearly as much early on as other teams in the Big 10 other than maybe Rutgers. 

I hate Michigan and think he is a douche but he has won about 70% of his games and is far more experienced and successful at the NFL level than Jarod Goff’s ole errand boy who is 4-20-1 as a head coach at ass whipped after a bye. 

It's not 2012

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

It's not 2012

Look, if you don’t understand how college recruiting works and how Covid has affected the different conferences and States this year than I am wasting my time.  

LSU lost to Auburn 48-11 this year, therefore Ed Orgeron sucks.  Brilliant logic. 

Harbaugh won’t need to recruit and is a better coach than Taylor.  

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Look, if you don’t understand how college recruiting works and how Covid has affected the different conferences and States this year than I am wasting my time.  

LSU lost to Auburn 48-11 this year, therefore Ed Orgeron sucks.  Brilliant logic. 

Harbaugh won’t need to recruit and is a better coach than Taylor.  

Your argument that people don't want to play in Michigan kind of goes hand in hand with top FAs playing in Cincinnati doesn't it?

Either way I think anyone who doesn't recognize that this team had to be rebuilt from the ground up and that that is still on going had unrealistic expectations. We had players that are old and not contributing or at least not like they used to, (I'm looking at you AJ Green) we had malcontents that are now traded, we have the worst O-line in football, and two of our big free agent acquisitions are out, one for the rest of the year and one of them hasnt played at all this year so far.

I don't care if it was Harbaugh or Taylor anyone who thought this team was going to be doing better than they are is being naive.  We don't have the necessary talent yet.

Archived