Mixon to IR

51 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Just announced on twitter.

He's out for 3 weeks minimum, but let's face he's probably done.  Remember when AJ Green's injury last year wasn't season ending?

Hopefully that isn't the case here

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Just announced on twitter.

He's out for 3 weeks minimum, but let's face he's probably done.  Remember when AJ Green's injury last year wasn't season ending?

Im good with Gio..btw Happy Birthday

to him tomorrow. 29yrs old..

Trayveon Williams may get some 3rd down assignments..good receiver and good blocker..

Its really up to the Oline for both of them to succeed.

MB got Joe Mixon hurt? That’s a new one.

On a side note...I think it’s better for Burrow to have Gio in there with him at the moment anyways. Gio does all the little things right and doesn’t make mental mistakes. He’s also the best RB on the team in pass pro....which is what Burrow needs more than anything else right now. I have no issues whatsoever with Joe Mixon and hope he makes a full recovery. That being said, I never would have given him that extension. 

46 minutes ago, spicoli said:

MB got Joe Mixon hurt? That’s a new one.

On a side note...I think it’s better for Burrow to have Gio in there with him at the moment anyways. Gio does all the little things right and doesn’t make mental mistakes. He’s also the best RB on the team in pass pro....which is what Burrow needs more than anything else right now. I have no issues whatsoever with Joe Mixon and hope he makes a full recovery. That being said, I never would have given him that extension. 

Im  looking forward to Gio and Trayveon back there if it happens..

Allmost clones except Gio will bounce ouside more and Treyveon will run up a blockers ass then cut inside more..

Both can catch and block ..

Lil Munchkins!!

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Im  looking forward to Gio and Trayveon back there if it happens..

Allmost clones except Gio will bounce ouside more and Treyveon will run up a blockers ass then cut inside more..

Both can catch and block ..

Lil Munchkins!!

A practice squad player named Jacques Patrick got some playing time early on, I think, and looked OK.

Would like to see more of him.

14 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If this staff knew what they were doing they would have been using both Mixon and Gio before Mixon was hurt

This.  Especially with the big extension.  Analytics will tell you these guys wear out after so many carries, receptions, plays, etc.  Just stupid to lean on Mixon so hard when you have another solid back like Bernard.  Then again, what do you think the chances are the Bengals have an analytics department? 

41 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  Especially with the big extension.  Analytics will tell you these guys wear out after so many carries, receptions, plays, etc.  Just stupid to lean on Mixon so hard when you have another solid back like Bernard.  Then again, what do you think the chances are the Bengals have an analytics department? 

I like Mixon too but was leery of giving a RB a big extension in this day and age.  That being said I think they have had Geoff Smith---Scouting Technology Consultant--on staff since 2004.  His duties include helping to develop analytics for scouting and also game solutions.  I am not saying he is good but they do have someone.

I really like the way Cleveland uses Chubb and Hunt.

They both stay fresh.

They go back and forth with the power of Chubb and speed and power of Hunt.

When the 4th quarter hits, you don't want to tackle either one.

Case in point Chubb final run of 50+ yards last week

In my opinion, Gio is a 3rd down back and occasional series switch. When Mixon is out, he is still a 3rd down back. Gio does a lot of things well and gives 100% every play, but he's just not a full game pounder. I have liked the way Perine runs. He appears to be a "north and south" runner. I'd like to see more Perine runs than Gio. That being said, i don't know how well Perine does in things like blitz pick up and other non carry situations.

12 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

In my opinion, Gio is a 3rd down back and occasional series switch. When Mixon is out, he is still a 3rd down back. Gio does a lot of things well and gives 100% every play, but he's just not a full game pounder. I have liked the way Perine runs. He appears to be a "north and south" runner. I'd like to see more Perine runs than Gio. That being said, i don't know how well Perine does in things like blitz pick up and other non carry situations.

Jump to 10:43 and watch Perine pick up #24 on the blitz

Archived