WTF Game Day Thread

I watched like 3 games last year. Burrow made me tune in again this year, and Burrow got me interested. Without Burrow, there's really nothing to watch. What happened, happened. No matter how much blaming and bitching we do, it happened. What to do now? Sunday 1-4 is now workout time. Take care of yourselves fellas. You can point to the Burrow injury as the time you decided to make a positive in your own life. Good luck Joe. You're a winner and I know you'll be back better than ever. And so will I.

31 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Oh, and another point - we still need an NFL-caliber backup QB.  I get it that without Joe we're not winning anything anyway but you can't go into battle with your backup unworthy to even be on the sideline.

So, who do you suggest we get?

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

I expect it'll be like always, they'll try to hide as much about the injury as they can, Hobson will come out with all kinds of "hidden positives"/"silver lining" whatever the fuck, and give us the typical tone-deaf do-nothing song-and-dance.

It's just like Mixon.  Dude spends a month not playing and THEN they put him on IR?  Bengals always do this, they did with AJ last year:  is he coming back?  Maybe?  Keep buying shit fans, keep your hopes up!

Turf toe is one of those injuries.  

Been sitting here numb.  Hardly know what to say.  Knew it was inevitable.  Garbage o-line and a gutsy young QB is a bad combination.  I wish Burrow the best, but damn...why even come back here?  I feel like the Brown family should be run out of town and the stadium destroyed while the townsfolk cheer!!!

Fuck. 

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

Sadly, if the Brown Family Trust knows anything about NFL football--and some days I have my doubts--they have to know what the obvious issues are but probably won't do the necessary things to fix it.

Problem with this team is too many holes to fill..

Maybe you land 2 bluechip types in the first couple rounds..

Then what??

Still many holes to fill to compete in this rough division..

Katy has to cut alot of players that arent earning their big contracts..

Then go after a few top FAs ..

16 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Problem with this team is too many holes to fill..

Maybe you land 2 bluechip types in the first couple rounds..

Then what??

Still many holes to fill to compete in this rough division..

Katy has to cut alot of players that arent earning their big contracts..

Then go after a few top FAs ..

If there was ever a time to hire a legit GM it's now.

We know that ain't happening yet if ever.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

So throwing the ball every down with a shit o line vs the best defense line in the NFL is a bad idea...who would have thought....huh...it's not like protecting Burrow is the most important thing.

Don’t exaggerate, they only threw it 34 times in the first half. 

11 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Jim Lynch did a number on Greg Cook.  Wasn't the same afterwards.

Happened early in his rookie season and he played (awesomely) through it.

Subsequent surgeries were failures, I've read possibly even botched. Surgery was 

so primitive back then, hell we hadn't even been to the moon yet 😞  Yeah, I'm old.

Archived