Suck for Sewell

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Except the OL is not a Ferrari, so the Tree Sloth will want to pick a WR or CB. 

My fear is they want Ja'Marr Chase "because LSU/Burrow chemistry sellz ticketz"

If it's anything but OL/DL or some god-like LB they can f-off (and if it's not OL they better have signed a minimum of two double-digit salary OL in FA).

Remainder of the season is going to be scoreboard watching and cheering for Jets and Jags.

Right now, looks like drafting third.

I would trade down a little and for future first round picks.

Going to take more than one guy to put out this dumpster fire.

Oline, Dline the most obvious but I still go with we don't have one linebacker on the team.

The priority has to be fixing the O-line. Letting Burrow take hit after hit all season was begging for something bad to happen and now it has. Bengals ought to offer Thuney 15 mil. That would fix LG. Draft Sewell and put him at RT for his rookie year. A line of Jonah-Thuney-Hopkins-Spain-Sewell would be legit. Especially if we can upgrade the coaching staff but that seems unlikely. 

44 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The priority has to be fixing the O-line. Letting Burrow take hit after hit all season was begging for something bad to happen and now it has. Bengals ought to offer Thuney 15 mil. That would fix LG. Draft Sewell and put him at RT for his rookie year. A line of Jonah-Thuney-Hopkins-Spain-Sewell would be legit. Especially if we can upgrade the coaching staff but that seems unlikely. 

Mike Brown does not pay offensive guards unless proven otherwise.  He let Steinbach and Zeitler go for money reasons.  There is a reason the Bengals have been one of the worst franchises in sports for over 30 years.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Mike Brown does not pay offensive guards unless proven otherwise.  He let Steinbach and Zeitler go for money reasons.  There is a reason the Bengals have been one of the worst franchises in sports for over 30 years.

Back in the day he let Montoya walk as well I believe. 

All along we wondered what the Master Plan was - it was simply to own a few Ferrari's. Here's an idea you old fat stubborn POS - sell the team and buy a few real Ferrari's. 

On 11/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Back in the day he let Montoya walk as well I believe. 

All along we wondered what the Master Plan was - it was simply to own a few Ferrari's. Here's an idea you old fat stubborn POS - sell the team and buy a few real Ferrari's. 

Yep.  They exposed him and the Raiders gave him $650 and the Browns only would give him $450.

Oh are we doing the thing again where we hang our hopes for next season on an unproven rookie that isn't even on the team yet?

How time flies..  Seems like just yesterday we were arguing about how Burrow wouldn't need an OL.  In hindsight he should've sat out the draft like all those assholes were suggesting, he's going to miss just as much time and now he's seriously injured and a Bengal on top of it.

Not to worry, surely this single draft pick will be the thing that fixes decades of infamously dysfunctional mismanagement!  We're saved, everyone!

Like we did burrow? Are top 3 picks not supposed to come in and impact from day one? 

I mean, if you're picking that high you're expecting that guy to come in and start from day one and be an impact player, right? 

I guess I don't get the gripe..

40 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Like we did burrow? Are top 3 picks not supposed to come in and impact from day one? 

I mean, if you're picking that high you're expecting that guy to come in and start from day one and be an impact player, right? 

I guess I don't get the gripe..

Yes, like we did Burrow.  How'd that work out?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Oh are we doing the thing again where we hang our hopes for next season on an unproven rookie that isn't even on the team yet?

How time flies..  Seems like just yesterday we were arguing about how Burrow wouldn't need an OL.  In hindsight he should've sat out the draft like all those assholes were suggesting, he's going to miss just as much time and now he's seriously injured and a Bengal on top of it.

Not to worry, surely this single draft pick will be the thing that fixes decades of infamously dysfunctional mismanagement!  We're saved, everyone!

If Im drowning please Dont try to save me..

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yes, like we did Burrow.  How'd that work out?

and they should have what, signed a vet and sat Burrow? 

an injury doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the best players in the NFL from day one. Isn't that what you're supposed to get when you pick that high? Why would we not try to rely on someone like that? I don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

and they should have what, signed a vet and sat Burrow? 

an injury doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the best players in the NFL from day one. Isn't that what you're supposed to get when you pick that high? Why would we not try to rely on someone like that? I don't get it. 

Oh you get it..

Hes special..

Someone thought he didn't need much protection...if any..

Shame shame..

Learn from it Katy..

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol I’m not saying a word about the line. I understand full well how bad it is. That said, there’s no way in hell you don’t play a guy like that from day one. It’s crazy to think otherwise. Getting a frontline NFL player that can come in and impact from the jump is the epitome of what you want in a #1 pick. 
They sat Carson for a year and he got his knee blown up just like Burrow did. It’s football. 

Totally agree..

Just pointing out the idiocy of not protecting him justifiably...

Biggest blunder of the season...

Better hope Katy learns from it..

Archived