Suck for Sewell

On 12/2/2020 at 10:59 PM, Sea Ray said:

If the Bengals draft #3 they ought to look long and hard about a trade down. Some team looking for a QB may be willing to pay a king's ransom to move up

Only 3 teams have multiple 1s this year, 2 of them are picking ahead of us, and Miami has their QB.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:12 PM, spicoli said:

Only if there's a way to still get Sewell. Even if it's just moving from 3 to 4 though it should still bring a pretty nice haul in return. Here's hoping that some team falls in love with Zach Wilson!

Who gives a shit about Sewell?  This team needs a huge influx of talent.  He's not the only good player in the draft.  If passing on him means we get better at 2-3 positions, that would be the smart move.  

29 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Who gives a shit about Sewell?  This team needs a huge influx of talent.  He's not the only good player in the draft.  If passing on him means we get better at 2-3 positions, that would be the smart move.  

Sewell is ranked 3rd on most draft rankings trailing Lawrence and Fields...

You want to trade what we need most then pull the trigger But make sure you get a bostload on return..

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Who gives a shit about Sewell?  This team needs a huge influx of talent.

That's not happening though. We all know this.

As fans, other than the draft and the infusion of young talent it brings with it, what else do we have?

And yes we all understand that the FO and scouting are the worst. 

We have nothing else. Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Sewell is ranked 3rd on most draft rankings trailing Lawrence and Fields...

You want to trade what we need most then pull the trigger But make sure you get a bostload on return..

My take is that, for now, we need 5-10 average players more than we need one good one.

Just now, spicoli said:

They will lock on to one player like they always do. You know this. 

True, trading down sounds like a lot more work than just drafting whoever Mel Kiper says you should...  Duke Tobin is the perfect Bengals GM - only in the position because of who his Dad is..

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

True, trading down sounds like a lot more work than just drafting whoever Mel Kiper says you should...  Duke Tobin is the perfect Bengals GM - only in the position because of who his Dad is..

Thus is life of a Bengals fan..

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Eell if your going to Lock In to one player the team needs most its Sewell..

We would have bookend OTs to protect JB..

Isnt that what we need???

Agree 100%. That's exactly who they'll lock onto and I'm not bitching in the slightest about that. 

Point is though, they absolutely will lock onto someone and won't even think about anything else.

Sewell just happens to be in our sweet spot is all. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Agree 100%. That's exactly who they'll lock onto and I'm not bitching in the slightest. 

Point is, they absolutely will lock onto someone and won't even think about anything else.

Sewell just happens to be in our sweet spot is all. 

Yes he is..Hes too damn good to passup unless they were offered incredible draft picks..

Someone may want to move up to 3 to grab the QB from North Dakota St..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes he is..Hes too damn good to passup unless they were offered an incredible offer..

Agreed. I just don't think they'll give a thought to any other offers though no matter how incredible they might be.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hrm.. Everything I'm reading has him as a LT, which..  If he's really as great as all that, why move him out of position instead of the very average-looking Williams? 

They'll insert Sewell at LT ..

No question fron anyone including Jonah Williams..

Williams was the highest ranked lineman in the 18 draft and thats all good and well.

They have a solid tackle for yrs to come in him..

Sewell is a different breed..

Boy was born to be a LT in the NFL..

Sewell-Adenijji-Hopkins-Spain-Williams

Ill work with that unit...

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

That's not happening though. We all know this.

As fans, other than the draft and the infusion of young talent it brings with it, what else do we have?

And yes we all understand that the FO and scouting are the worst. 

We have nothing else. Sad but true. 

Indeed. We can grab a Sewell but we are losing the talents (fading but talents) of Green, Dunlap and Atkins. At this point we are losing more talent thane we are bring on. Great job by our management. 

32 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Indeed. We can grab a Sewell but we are losing the talents (fading but talents) of Green, Dunlap and Atkins. At this point we are losing more talent thane we are bring on. Great job by our management. 

How are we losing anything in Green when he's barely played in years? He's not doing much of anything this year, either.   I don't think his one (1) TD and 350ish yards are going to be hard to replace.  Should've never franchise tagged him to begin with, it made zero sense for a team that is supposed to be rebuilding.

Not sure what we'd be losing in Geno.  I want to think the defense would be enitrely different with him in there but..  WTF is going on with him anyway? Tired of Anarumo's bullshit too?

35 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not so..

They got good years otta those guys.

Paid them well too..

Theyve faded..it happens..

Green Geno Williams are liabilities now both on the field and contractual terms..

They have and will go..

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Not so..

They got good years otta those guys.

Paid them well too..

Theyve faded..it happens..

Green Geno Williams are liabilities now both on the field and contractual terms..

They have and will go..

But who has replaced them and are those players as good as those ones we are losing in the prices? Point is, the roster is bad because we have not only failed to supplement the good players see had, we have not replaced them when they faded. 

Archived