Joe Burrow Injury Thread...

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

That is definitely what happened.  It wasn't Jordan that landed on him it was Allen.  Allen got spun whilst tangled up with Jordan and fell back-first into his leg.  Some guy on Youtube slowed it down and zoomed and I actually feel a little more optimistic about the injury now, it look more like a classic ACL bend than the far-away replay that looked like a dramatic hyperextension blow-out.

This one?

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

They threw the ball 34 times by the 11:31 point in the 3rd quarter.  On pace for 60+ pass plays.  Just fucking incompetent play calling. 

But the players are buying into the system!ic incompetence

except for Dunlap of course, but he is a very bad person quitter, no different than 100%-wife-driven Palmer

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Should come as a surprise to no one.  There's no curse or bad luck. It's gross negligence from ownership, period.

At some point in time it has to become apparent that the numbers don't work in relation to this team and bad luck/coincidence. There's only a few constants that set the stage for the scenarios and circumstances that some may see as bad luck but the law of averages says that's not what it is. Fans that have been around long enough understand that and we are also the ones that saw this coming so it isn't suprising. Hard as hell to swallow but far from suprising 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Should come as a surprise to no one.  There's no curse or bad luck. It's gross negligence from ownership, period.

Impossible. Our professional OL coach, who is paid a good salary to evaluate and coach talent, said Bobby Hart was phenomenal. Surely he is just as correct with the other positions. 

:suicide:

1 hour ago, StripesEarned said:

At some point in time it has to become apparent that the numbers don't work in relation to this team and bad luck/coincidence. There's only a few constants that set the stage for the scenarios and circumstances that some may see as bad luck but the law of averages says that's not what it is. Fans that have been around long enough understand that and we are also the ones that saw this coming so it isn't suprising. Hard as hell to swallow but far from suprising 

I've been bracing for it since the season started so it's not that hard for me to accept.

The hard part for me will be when Burrow takes the first opportunity to leave this flea circus.

JB was the first real hope in a long time.  I know there are plenty of Andy fans; however I always felt we'd never make a SuperBowl with him.

The way JB had been playing with a low quality playing group and poor play calling; the future still looked bright knowing that the franchise could build on the Burrow Bandwagon!

3 minutes ago, Spotto said:

JB was the first real hope in a long time.  I know there are plenty of Andy fans; however I always felt we'd never make a SuperBowl with him.

The way JB had been playing with a low quality playing group and poor play calling; the future still looked bright knowing that the franchise could build on the Burrow Bandwagon!

i was a andy fan, to me the problem wasnt taking Burrow (who has impressed me ) it was the fact the Browns did nothing to fix the oline which has flat out sucked since whit left . 

46 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i was a andy fan, to me the problem wasnt taking Burrow (who has impressed me ) it was the fact the Browns did nothing to fix the oline which has flat out sucked since whit left . 

Even with Whit the talent level for the rest of the group was pretty bad his last few years here.   The Glenn/Ogbuehi/Hart moves since & the stubborn refusal to admit none of them have worked crippled this team.

52 minutes ago, Spotto said:

He is getting Archie Manning’d. Manning led the league in pass attempts and sacks his 2nd year (first full year).  He took an absolute beating and hitting the QB a second after he threw it was legal back then.  He also ran it 63 times that year.  Their O line was terrible.  

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Even with Whit the talent level for the rest of the group was pretty bad his last few years here.   The Glenn/Ogbuehi/Hart moves & the stubborn refusal to admit none of them have worked crippled this team.

A lot of truth.  No doubtWhit and Zeitler would have helped but the other 3 position still look bad.  Oh, and the defense is bad. 

Watching Vegas and KC play and we are NOWHERE close to these teams. They both have talent everywhere. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I've been bracing for it since the season started so it's not that hard for me to accept.

The hard part for me will be when Burrow takes the first opportunity to leave this flea circus.

It's sad to say it but I wouldn't blame the kid or be bitter about it. The kid is something special and not just on the football field. Everyone seems to genuinely love this kid maybe more so than anyone I can remember off the top of my head. If things don't change, things aren't done to move in a direction that moves the franchise towards a legitimate shot at winning a championship actually winning a playoff game in almost 30 damn years, then I couldn't hold it against him to get the hell out of there the minute he has his 1st shot to. He genuinely wants to win there's no question about that. He has a great attitude, he's talented  a good leader already as a rookie (which is rare) you can tell his teammates like him, believe in him and want to follow him. Look at how as soon as he went down today the whole team deflated not only on offense but defense as well. This kid already means the world to this team. He has all those attributes and the confidence to do great things, but if all that is gonna go to waste in Cincy along with people he is supposed to trust being on the same page as him working towards the same goal putting his health in jeopardy with poor personnel moves poor coaching and play calling then I won't blame him. I hope it's not the case but he's only gonna have so many chances to win a title he's probably been dreaming about winning since he was young and possibly having his career cut short by some terrible decisions on and off the field made by someone other than himself then he's just gotta do what he has to do to try to give himself the best oppurtunity he feels will put him in a place to accomplish what he wants to. Sucks but that's the reality of being a Bengal fan. Just like the team a lot of us fans have loyalty to the point of it being a fault, so I'm sure myself as well as most others that even still care enough to read and post on here will still be around for the same old bs. We went through the 90s and are still here. We went through being teased there for about 5 years and now looks closer to being back to the 90s than it has at anytime since then the last few years. We had Burrow to look forward to and now we don't for I'm hoping just the rest of the year. I'll still watch the rest of the year, I can't tell you why but I'm sure I will. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

A lot of truth.  No doubtWhit and Zeitler would have helped but the other 3 position still look bad.  Oh, and the defense is bad. 

Watching Vegas and KC play and we are NOWHERE close to these teams. They both have talent everywhere. 

How can they be though? We spend as much as other teams on players. I refuse to believe our management can be this bad 

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

How can they be though? We spend as much as other teams on players. I refuse to believe our management can be this bad 

Believe it.

There's talent at WR & RB, QB obviously, assuming Burrow returns to form - not at all a given for that kind of injury.  Defensively 2-3 standout players.

IMHO it's not the lack of game changers, its that the rest of the roster is so bad.  Even the best teams are made up of mostly average players.  

Athletes tear, or get their knees torn all the time.  Not just in Bengaldom.  It's sucks, and i'm bummed about it.  But it's football.  Didn't happen to be watching the game at that particular time, so i'm glad i didn't see it.  Whats the timeframe for recovery and suiting up again? 

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Believe it.

There's talent at WR & RB, QB obviously, assuming Burrow returns to form - not at all a given for that kind of injury.  Defensively 2-3 standout players.

IMHO it's not the lack of game changers, its that the rest of the roster is so bad.  Even the best teams are made up of mostly average players.  

So you are saying we have to ha e better players AND  better coaches? No wonder Katie said it was hard running an NFL team. The poor Brown family tries so hard and gosh darn it they just have the worst luck. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy D said:

Athletes tear, or get their knees torn all the time.  Not just in Bengaldom.  It's sucks, and i'm bummed about it.  But it's football.  

The difference here is that it was predictable, and likely preventable.  The injury sucks for sure but the circumstances are what I find hard to accept.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Believe it.

IMHO it's not the lack of standout players, its that the rest of the roster is so bad.  Even the best teams are made up of mostly average players.  

And there you have it.  You need a franchise QB, very good o tackles, great edge rusher, a shutdown corner and a stud linebacker in the middle. Basically, you have to have 5-6 excellent players to compete as long as you have decent starters everywhere else and your QB is awesome. Adding a stud WR and TE makes you Kansas City. 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

The difference here is that it was predictable, and likely preventable.  The injury sucks for sure but the circumstances are what I find impossible to ignore.

I disagree.  It's football.  The potential for a season ender is there for every player on every snap, the world over.  

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

And there you have it.  You need a franchise QB, very good o tackles, great edge rusher, a shutdown corner and a stud linebacker in the middle. Basically, you have to have 5-6 excellent players to compete as long as you have decent starters everywhere else and your QB is awesome. Adding a stud WR and TE makes you Kansas City. 

So we need better players, better coaches AND better scouts - you ask the impossible! How do these elite teams do it? Magic?

30 minutes ago, Jimmy D said:

Athletes tear, or get their knees torn all the time.  Not just in Bengaldom.  It's sucks, and i'm bummed about it.  But it's football.  Didn't happen to be watching the game at that particular time, so i'm glad i didn't see it.  Whats the timeframe for recovery and suiting up again? 

You have a makeshift offensive line with a 6th round rookie making his third start at tackle.  The rest of your offensive line are backups at best. Your team is out of the playoff hunt.

Your coach responds by dialing up 36 pass plays in 34 minutes which is on pace for ANOTHER 60 pass attempt game for his rookie QB. Taylor is a fucking moron.   Burrow is averaging 41 passes a game, Super Bowl and league MVP Patrick Mahomes,   playing behind a great Oline, is averaging 36. 

Archived