Joe Burrow Injury Thread...

Jonah will grade out in the top half of the league in his first year as a starter and with no preseason. It’s a good start, even if it is somewhat belated. He’s going to be a guy that they can count on going forward, IMO. A solid building block at the very least. 
Just need 3 or 4 more now, that’s all. 

On 11/22/2020 at 11:05 PM, Jimmy D said:

I disagree.  It's football.  The potential for a season ender is there for every player on every snap, the world over.  

yes but the more time you roll the dice with bad pass blocking and bad run blocking forcing pass plays the more chances for this to happen.     thats the problems,  

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

So the prognosis is 9-12 months recovery with the likely hood being close to 12 than 9.

I suppose we should think about what veteran QBs will be available to start the season for us? 

It's way too early to project recovery. Let's see how the surgery goes and see if there are any setbacks in the first couple months

8 hours ago, saphead said:

I swear I just heard Seg Dennison on 700WLW say that we are starting Brandon Allen at QB this Sunday.  lol 

My first response was "who the F is Brandon Allen?"  After looking him up I would say he's a better choice than Finely.  Frankly, I see no reason why Finley is on the roster.  He's learned nothing. 

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

My first response was "who the F is Brandon Allen?"  After looking him up I would say he's a better choice than Finely.  Frankly, I see no reason why Finley is on the roster.  He's learned nothing. 

He was a cheap project.

Isnt that allways the reason?

8 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

It's way too early to project recovery. Let's see how the surgery goes and see if there are any setbacks in the first couple months

Torn MCL, ACL, plus PCL & meniscus damage? He may still be good or even great but the sad fact is he'll never be the same. If he does return to form it won't be until sometime midseason next year at the earliest.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear but I think that's the realistic expectation.

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Torn MCL, ACL, plus PCL & meniscus damage? He may still be good or even great but the sad fact is he'll never be the same. If he does return to form it won't be until sometime midseason next year at the earliest.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear but I think that's the realistic expectation.

Knee damage is very hard to comeback from and even then,the damage is sometime long lasting.even going back watching that play that cost us Joe burrow,I one question.how the hell do you call 5 wide,with little protection for burrow that close the end zone.

1 hour ago, bigboi said:

Knee damage is very hard to comeback from and even then,the damage is sometime long lasting.even going back watching that play that cost us Joe burrow,I one question.how the hell do you call 5 wide,with little protection for burrow that close the end zone.

On a 3rd and 2 nonetheless 

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Now that guy was vanilla...

Same ole sane ole week after week..

Hell the fans knew the plays as well as the team..

My favorite was the 3rd and 8 sideline route Dalton would always throw 1 yard out of bounds. Ahh memories.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

My favorite was the 3rd and 8 sideline route Dalton would always throw 1 yard out of bounds. Ahh memories.  

Carson too, they'd keep going to that quick out pattern until eventually a DB jumped the route.  Pretty good shot at a pick-6 if they catch it on the run.

14 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

He should have never been drafted, no one wanted him but us....same with Sample. 

Finley is a noodle arm 26 year old with a low ceiling, the only reason he's on the roster is Taylor's ego.

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I wonder how his mobility will be affected, he's very athletic and with his left knee in pieces it will never be the same again.....fuck....fuck Taylor and Turner.

12 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I wonder how his mobility will be affected, he's very athletic and with his left knee in pieces it will never be the same again.....fuck....fuck Taylor and Turner.

Yeah they're both jokes but the Brown Family are the punchline.  Taylor, Coach Restraining Order, Lou AnyRando (would do a better job)..  All symptoms of ownership whose only goal is leeching off the NFL and city.  

12 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Finley is a noodle arm 26 year old with a low ceiling, the only reason he's on the roster is Taylor's ego.

Yeah his attitude is kind of strange considering how little he's accomplished.  Said it before but he does an excellent impersonation of an NFL head coach.  Realistically I see him more like Hobson only with a bigger paycheck and a whistle.  He's here to deflect blame from the FO and he's pretty good at it.  I expect that's why he'll be here again next year, and probably a few after that.

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes the backup to DeShawn Watson in Houston..

Outside of a few games with the Bengals hes carried a clipboard to earn a living.. Good for him.

$14.4 mil and he has only started 5 games.  Nice!!

Archived